Heart Rate Monitor..where To Buy

chownah

Seems like I remember reading somewhere that runners can wear a heart rate monitor...on the wrist like a watch or on a finger...I can't remember exactly how they worked. Does anyone know where they could be purchased in Chiangrai?

Chownah

Never been to Chiangrai, but I do know that there are supposedly 2 types;

1 on the wrist, and

the other one that I have is a Chest Strap with a multi-function 'watch' to wear on the wrist, that apart from time, has recording of run data, a data (=memory) function etc.

It is by Nike and I bought it at Supersports in the Central Dept Store in BKK. If you have a Central in Chiangrai, try that, otherwise stores that sell Nike stuff may have it.

Suunto also have this, but I picked the Nike for ease of use. Happy with it, except the battery in the strap does not last for the year that they claim. Then again, do not know how long the batteries are on the shelf before I buy them.

I would check with your best Pharmacy. At least that is what they do in chiang mai.

It all depends on what you're really looking for. I beleive that most of the pharmacies are selling heart rate monitors that measure your pulse at a finger tip. This may not be as accurate as a chest strap that measures your actual heart beat. The local bicycle shops should have a couple of HRMs available and if they don't, they should be able to order one for you.

Seems like I remember reading somewhere that runners can wear a heart rate monitor...on the wrist like a watch or on a finger...I can't remember exactly how they worked. Does anyone know where they could be purchased in Chiangrai?

Chownah

Oh, you are planning to join the Hash House Harriers?

:D:o:D