Rottweiler Breeder

hello all, we are newbies here to this forum... we are planning on moving to thailand soonish maybe to phuket, we are rottweiler breeders and thinking of bringing 4 (if not 2) of our dogs to start a breeding/training company. any advice for us or ideas ? would rottweilers be a good idea in thailand? we breed them essentially as guard dogs, but also rottweilers are great house hold pets. thanks for any advice you can give us, and hope to hear a maximum amount of feedback as possible ! also any advice on travelling with the 2 or 4 dogs to thailand would be great, because they are big heavy animals, and i guess we will have problems with air companies ? p.s. we live and therefore will be travelling from France.

post-57882-1202526037.jpg

hello all, we are newbies here to this forum... we are planning on moving to thailand soonish maybe to phuket, we are rottweiler breeders and thinking of bringing 4 (if not 2) of our dogs to start a breeding/training company. any advice for us or ideas ? would rottweilers be a good idea in thailand? we breed them essentially as guard dogs, but also rottweilers are great house hold pets. thanks for any advice you can give us, and hope to hear a maximum amount of feedback as possible ! also any advice on travelling with the 2 or 4 dogs to thailand would be great, because they are big heavy animals, and i guess we will have problems with air companies ? p.s. we live and therefore will be travelling from France.

Last I heard is that importation of dogs such as Rottweilers and some other breeds was prohibited. Maybe someone more knowledgable than me can shed some light on this as to wether this ban is still in effect.

I just recently heard from someone who plans to import their pet rottweiler that rottweilers can be imported again. However, that is only one dog, I'm not sure about 4 rotties in one time.

Importing several dogs from one breed can make customs suspecious about possible plans for breeding, and thus making a business. This can put the taxes up.

In Thailand there are many rottweiler breeders, but not that many GOOD rottweiler breeders.

One, that I respect is Mr. Tawatchai. He breeds rotties for over 10 years, and goes quite often to Germany to shows, trainings, seminars and to import dogs from there. In Thailand, he organizes rottie specialty shows on a regular basis. You might want to contact him with your questions. See for his contact details his website: http://www.geocities.com/bangkokwappen/engversion.htm

And if you or your family can read Thai, you can check out the following:

http://rotreport.com/

http://www.thailandrottweilerclub.com/default.asp

Nienke

thanks for the advice, still hoping to hear more .... ! easy solution is to do 4 journeys and bring one at a a time ! lol

also i would like more info on the pratical side . i.e. which air company to use ( i usually fly direct from paris to bkk with Thai air). Has anyone any experience about bringing a large size dog with them to thailand ? (up to 60 kgs !)

Have you already read the pinned subject on importing dogs to Thailand? There's a lot of good information to be found, including links. Another option is to search this forum on 'importing dogs' or 'importing pets'. Just enter these words in "enter keywords'' at the bottom of the pet forum, then click on 'search forum'.

Sorry, I'm in a hurry,on my way out, otherwise I woud have given an helping hand in that.

Nienke

thanks for ur pm, great advice, i will take all the time i need to read through all the forums and links u sent me ...; i hope i will be ok bringing our beloved to your beautiful country, and we look forward to settling in soon, and enjoying a good life with our dogs.

thanks a lot, and hope to hear from you all soon, will keep you posted as things get themselves sorted out, next step for me is to contact thai air ... bye for now