Athenee Residence Completed

The people who bought into the Athenee Residence have been told that they can make their first inspection now and that they can take possession this month.

The building has great facilities: several pools, fitness centre, spa, saunas, game room, common room, large lobby, meeting rooms. BBQ, etc.

Also, automobile access to both Wireless Road and Ruam Rudi.

And but a 100 metre walk to Phloenchit Skytrain station.

congrats Corkscrew! that will be a great nest in Bangkok :o:D I believe they are ahead on completion schedule right? wasnt it March 08 completion date in the contract?

as I recall from your posts, you got the same unit as the super north (and east and west) facing show room unit right? if so, thats great!!!

Edited by trajan

Actually, I was told to expect April or May for transfer. Although I had my inspection back in November.

It has something to do with paper work process at Land Dept. All the facilities are finished except the fence and ground area.

Actually, I was told to expect April or May for transfer. Although I had my inspection back in November.

It has something to do with paper work process at Land Dept. All the facilities are finished except the fence and ground area.

Yes, the actual transfer will be in April or May but you can get the keys right after you make the final payment which can be this month.

congrats Corkscrew! that will be a great nest in Bangkok :o:D I believe they are ahead on completion schedule right? wasnt it March 08 completion date in the contract?

as I recall from your posts, you got the same unit as the super north (and east and west) facing show room unit right? if so, thats great!!!

Yes, north, east and west.

"I like the building too but am a bit disappointed with the layout and the size of my unit on the south side...and all except the master are too small."

Then, for heaven's sakes, why did you buy the condo. Absolutely incredible.

Backflip, when you see a layout on paper (yes even with a scale showing the size of each room/area on the paper) it is possible to be " a bit disappointed" when seeing the finished product.

Your "absolutely incredible" comment is just snooty. :o

"I like the building too but am a bit disappointed with the layout and the size of my unit on the south side...and all except the master are too small."

Then, for heaven's sakes, why did you buy the condo. Absolutely incredible.

I bought the unit off plan and couldn't visualize the actual physical unit. I still love the building and the location and love my unit. Maybe there is no perfect home for me since I am so picky.

Ahh well..... you could all have bought at The Park 'the perfect spot' :D Ohh god I'm going to regret saying that :o

HAHA...yeah i tossed up between the two projects...both have major pluses and a few minuses. Altogether though I am happy with my decision to buy at Athenee and seems there are a few of us here at TV that have bought there..we should have a TV party when it opens up!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious... My contract stated that the buyer will bear the cost of transfer fee which is 2%, (now pending the new rules that willl reduce it to 0.01%. Do all the contracts have the same cause at Athenee? (Or was I the only sucker!!!!)

We closed today...well. at least all the payments (final 70%, insurance, sinking fee, communal fee) have been made and we and the decorators now have full access to our unit. We are using AsianMotiff to furnish it and their people said that the quality of the workmanship at the Athenee Residence was better than at The Park. The paper-work was very smooth; the Athenee people are very professional....they walk you through everything including the Internet video monitor, the remote control (via phone) AC and lighting controls, the fingerprint use of the elevators plus the sophisticated security devices in the condo itself.

I also like the fact that our unit comes with a 3 car garage....as we have 2 cars and this allows for a guest parking spot.

Another plus is that since the Athenee Residence is 'connected' with the Athenee Plaza Hotel and the Athenee Tower our exterior maintenance (painting, landscaping, etc.) will be kept to a uniformly high standard.

My only gripe is that I had to make the final payments when the baht was so high.....yeh, but even then it is a bargain when compared to New York of Hong Kong....and we do live here.

Ahh well..... you could all have bought at The Park 'the perfect spot' :D Ohh god I'm going to regret saying that :o

HAHA...yeah i tossed up between the two projects...both have major pluses and a few minuses. Altogether though I am happy with my decision to buy at Athenee and seems there are a few of us here at TV that have bought there..we should have a TV party when it opens up!! :D

Good idea. Any ideas where we should meet? Maybe at a bar in the Athenee Plaza? Or, should we try local restaurants on Ruam Rudi?

Just curious... My contract stated that the buyer will bear the cost of transfer fee which is 2%, (now pending the new rules that willl reduce it to 0.01%. Do all the contracts have the same cause at Athenee? (Or was I the only sucker!!!!)

I don't think that there is any transfer fee.

Yes there is. However, the new economic stimulus plan will have it reduced to 0.01% of the sales price. Hopefully it will take effect by the time of transfer at Land Dept. I paid my up over a month ago but my decor people just started their work now. The Athenee didn't take the ground fee or sinking fund from me, wonder why!!!! They said to do it when transfer.

There is also duty stamp tax of around .5% or .05% not so sure.

We have 2 parking space, maybe our guest can sometimes use your extra space :-)

Yes there is. However, the new economic stimulus plan will have it reduced to 0.01% of the sales price. Hopefully it will take effect by the time of transfer at Land Dept. I paid my up over a month ago but my decor people just started their work now. The Athenee didn't take the ground fee or sinking fund from me, wonder why!!!! They said to do it when transfer.

There is also duty stamp tax of around .5% or .05% not so sure.

We have 2 parking space, maybe our guest can sometimes use your extra space :-)

I wasn't sure what the dollar/baht rate would be at the moment when I wired the money so, to be on the safe side, I sent more. The applied the excess to the sinking fund, etc.