Driving From Bangkok To Samui: How Long ?

Raja is still operating.

Same advice as before though, although you could make the last ferry, there are sometimes long queues for the last ferry of the day especially Sunday night and you would be stuck there overnight, and could be around 40 lorries bringing building materials etc. queueing for the first Monday morning ferry.

Hi "loiner100",

As I am going from Phuket to Don Sak I should make that before the last ferry, say 2 pm there or before.

Thanks for the tip BTW :o

Kan Win :D

Raja is still operating.

Same advice as before though, although you could make the last ferry, there are sometimes long queues for the last ferry of the day especially Sunday night and you would be stuck there overnight, and could be around 40 lorries bringing building materials etc. queueing for the first Monday morning ferry.

Hi "loiner100",

As I am going from Phuket to Don Sak I should make that before the last ferry, say 2 pm there or before.

Not really for me to say but I would guess so. There will be six ferries before nightfall so you should be OK. Ferries around the middle of the day are not usually as full as those early morning or late afternoon in my experience.

I don't think you can pre-book Raja like you can Seatran.

Raja is still operating.

Hi "loiner100",

Not really for me to say but I would guess so. There will be six ferries before nightfall so you should be OK. Ferries around the middle of the day are not usually as full as those early morning or late afternoon in my experience.

I don't think you can pre-book Raja like you can Seatran.

That's right,you can't pre book Raja.But you can go to the office & buy a VIP ticket, which is really a return ticket.That entitles you to go to a special line & get priority boarding.

Thanks for clarifying that Thai Bairn, with both of our points now established we all now know the full picture.

Hope you didnt take my post the wrong way, as we were talking about how soon before the ferry time that you could book, I assumed your comment was on the same track. Also there were a couple of posts before yours that were claiming the same thing. :o

No worries!