Tourist Visa In Vientiane After Red Stamp In Penang ?

I have been staying in Pattaya for six months on two successive tourist visas plus extensions. When I applied for the second tourist visa the Penang consulate adorned my passport with the red rubber stamp "don't apply again".

One travel agent in Soi Post Office is confident that I would get another tourist visa in Vientiane. Another travel agent says that there is no point applying.

Whom shall I believe ? Did any of you guys ever get a tourist visa in Vientiane after having a red stamp from Penang in his passport?

Regards

frank 33

• 4 months later...

My recent visit to Vientiane answered the question: Although I had a red stamp from Penang in my passport ("don't apply at consulate Penang again") I was issued with a tourist visa in Vientiane. I don't know whether this is a factor, but before applying in Vientiane I had been 2 1/2 months outside Thailand, travellling in Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos.

Frank33

My recent visit to Vientiane answered the question: Although I had a red stamp from Penang in my passport ("don't apply at consulate Penang again") I was issued with a tourist visa in Vientiane. I don't know whether this is a factor, but before applying in Vientiane I had been 2 1/2 months outside Thailand, travellling in Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos.

Frank33

Got a double-entry tourist visa from Vientiane in January with a red warning stamp from Penang.