Fair Price?

wjmark

I want to have a new window installed in my condo. I was quoted 4500bt by the building's installer. Is that a fair price? Sounds high to me...

I want a normal two-sliding-door tinted window assembly. They are made with aluminium frames. The standard thai window in condos.

The size is just over a meter square - 1.1 x 1.15.

There is already a window there, and therefore it is a simple job - no cutting concrete, or anything.

4500 ok? Any recommendations for window companies?

thanks, Mark

How thick is the glass you want? What color tint? How thick is the aluminum you want? What color aluminum? Do you want a screen? What kind or screen? You need to specify what you want in detail because there are different options on all the materials and different prices for each. There are a lot of shops that do the kind of work you probably need. Check with three, have them look at the location and you will get an idea of the prices and know what is fair.

Edited by Bill97

I want to have a new window installed in my condo. I was quoted 4500bt by the building's installer. Is that a fair price? Sounds high to me...

I want a normal two-sliding-door tinted window assembly. They are made with aluminium frames. The standard thai window in condos.

There is already a window there, and therefore it is a simple job - no cutting concrete, or anything.

thanks, Mark

you can go to the building supply places and check the material cost. Did your installer break out the labor and parts cost?

price is really - suggestive , depending on what you want .. and the type of result you want , it can vary alot ,,

to look at 4500 is about $100+++ usd .. which in many country it only buy you the frame - rather then the window ..

thinness is importance and also if it UV proof and so on and so for ,

also if it done by ome tom dick ahrry , or is done by someone who know what there are doing ..

price .. is really for you to bargain and choose to buy it or not ..

Saying you get rip off .. is not really fair to seller either ,

so you are your own protection to fair price ..

you get the choice to buy or NOT BUY >

good luck ..

every case is different ..

I just had my 11 of my PVC French doors ripped out and new sliding ones installed.

Excellent contractor, quality, dual pane low E glass, and good workmanship, at a fair price. Thai lady owned and her English is passable.

Thai Conch profile and Science Co. Ltd.

081 940 6899

Her name is O but I think she is off to China any day.

thanks, Mark

I would say that price is fine. I just installed 2 large sliding glass doors for my terrace, aluminum frame, dark tint, and it was 11K. A buddy who does a lot of renos says the norm is about 10K for a sliding door 200cm X 200CM. So, given that your area is about half that, it seems on par.

Actually, it is under 1/3 the area! 200x200=40,000 110x115=12650

And no screens.

They won't have to remove the original window, so they will have to work around it - i am putting in a second one outside of it - cooler, and quieter...

Edited by wjmark

thanks, Mark

I would say that price is fine. I just installed 2 large sliding glass doors for my terrace, aluminum frame, dark tint, and it was 11K. A buddy who does a lot of renos says the norm is about 10K for a sliding door 200cm X 200CM. So, given that your area is about half that, it seems on par.

Maybe you paid too much.. I installed the same large size aluminum doors with a mozzie screen/door and paid B5,000 for a fair bit of work on two occasions.

I agree that price seems high. .

Sliding doors require heavier aluminum frames and often thicker glass than windows.

WjMark, you really have to go out and get bids because none of the answers here are really about your specific to your job.

Have your condo office refer you to someone who has done work in your building and then use that as the high benchmark.

It is the company that the condo uses. I have seen their work, and it is good (and the installers wear uniforms!!!)

I too think it is a high price, but they said they could be here today at 3:30 - done by 5:00.

I said yes, but also said that if they are late, i knock 500 off, and if it takes until tomorrow, another 500 off.

The condo woman looked at me funny...

We shall see at 3:30 today