Where To Stay

kangeroo

hi everyone.

Ihave a friend coming to bkk he is about 50 with his western wife, they would like stay close to everything but i dont want to book anywhere that is not western couple friendly , a guest house would be ok middle of the range, some where they can walk around a bit of shopping and nightlife.

cheers and thanks

Based on what you say, the ideal place for them to stay would be around the Siam Square area. That's the intersection of the two SkyTrain BTS lines (Sukhumvit and Silom) and close to Siam Paragon, Siam Square, Siam Discovery and MBK shopping areas.

There are a lot of hotels around that area, some more on the expensive side. On the nice but less expensive and quaint side, there's a well-recommended place called Reno Hotel on a small walking soi just a short distance from MBK... nice restaurant and swimming pool included.

There are also a lot of places around Sukhumvit, but they'll face varying degrees of "working ladies" being around, which based on your post they may want to avoid.

H_hotels_detail_en.jpg Reno Hotel Location : 40 Soi Kasamsun 1 Rama I Rd., Wangmai, Phathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Phone : 0 2215 0026-7 Website :

Email : [email protected]

Star : Price Rates : 890 - 1,280 Baht Number of Rooms : 58 Nearby Tourist Attractions :

Facilities : fac_1.giffac_2.giffac_5.giffac_6.giffac_11.giffac_13.giffac_21.gif

Restaurant/CoffeeShop / NightClub/Karaoke / Cable TV / Swimming Pool / Internet / Laundry / BTS

hi everyone.

Ihave a friend coming to bkk he is about 50 with his western wife, they would like stay close to everything but i dont want to book anywhere that is not western couple friendly , a guest house would be ok middle of the range, some where they can walk around a bit of shopping and nightlife.

cheers and thanks

I can't understand why anyone would want to stay in Siam Square or Silom or Sukhumvit. Choose somewhere near, but not in, Khao San Road and you will see a different Bangkok. Thanon Phra Atit would be ideal, right next to the river and very cheap but an insight into the old Thai life as opposed to skyscrapers and the like...

Perhaps it might have something to do with the details of the OP's original request:

"they would like stay close to everything but i dont want to book anywhere that is not western couple friendly , a guest house would be ok middle of the range, some where they can walk around a bit of shopping and nightlife."

I can't understand why anyone would want to stay in Siam Square or Silom...

hi everyone.

cheers and thanks

best to stay near patpong then.