Cheapest Way To Brizzy

jumbojumbo

I've also used www.tigerairways.com to fly to Darwin followed by a cheap jetstar or virgin blue flight to Brisbane. You could also try Jetstar Bangkok to Melbourne or Phuket to Sydney with a domestic flight to Brisbane. For full service airlines, Royal Brunei are the cheapest at around 26,000 Baht return including tax for a 3 month ticket. For one way, the Air Asia, Tiger Airways or Jetstar route will be much cheaper

I've just done a price check for you and here's the results:

Let's assume a one-way BKK-BNE on 02 March. All taxes and charges included, fares in Australian dollars.

QANTAS: BKK-SYD-BNE is $917

Cathay Pacific / QANTAS is $756 to $791

Air Asia: BKK-KUL-OOL is $391 (make your own way from Gold Coast to Brisbane for $35 with CoachTrans).

Peter

I've just done a price check for you and here's the results:

Let's assume a one-way BKK-BNE on 02 March. All taxes and charges included, fares in Australian dollars.

QANTAS: BKK-SYD-BNE is $917

Cathay Pacific / QANTAS is $756 to $791

Air Asia: BKK-KUL-OOL is $391 (make your own way from Gold Coast to Brisbane for $35 with CoachTrans).

Peter

If these cut price airlines were genuine they would compete with each other and fly out of all Australian international airports, in Cairns there is only Jetstar and they fly only to Singapore and are dearer than Qantas via Brisbane. Cairns airport is of far more importance than the part time "Gold Coast" one. Cairns and Darwin are the logical "gateways to Asia" and Asian cities. This was proved back as far as WW2.

Edited by david96