Nst Zoo

snowflake

Has anyone ever been to the zoo?

It is a disgrace and it just shows how the Thais treat animals...

I got sad (NOT CRYING) last time I went there. A monkey was hanging at the gate still alive with a chain around it's neck. It was also bleeding and trying to get a grip to something... Sad thing..

The crocodile pond is only missing one thing and that is water, sorry but shouldn't crocs have water to swim in??

The tiger is so skinny that it is amazing that it is not walking straight out between the bars...

The few bears that they have are all mentaly ill, spend 1 minute looking at them and you can see that they are crazy...

I took a Thai up there to have a look at all of this and more, go there and have a look, it is located in TALAD PARK...

Sad excuse for a ZOO and it is very very very bad conditions for the animals there...

Anyone fancy a rescue action? any animal lovers out there? Anyone cares for the wild animals living in a zoo?

Pathetic...

I agree snowflake....probably the worst zoo I've seen...

I'd also like to add that the zoo smells quite awful....

I would also speculate that most zoos in the world have poor conditions for their animals.

However, I do agree that the NST zoo is particularly bad.

I'll take the tiger, 4 bears and 8 monkies if that helps??

The zoo is a disgrace, have stopped taking my son there because of the treatment of the animals and the smell !! Think about the size of the park and then look at the cages they put those poor animals in??

Maybe a letter to city hall?? TV station??

I'll take the tiger, 4 bears and 8 monkies if that helps??

The zoo is a disgrace, have stopped taking my son there because of the treatment of the animals and the smell !! Think about the size of the park and then look at the cages they put those poor animals in??

Maybe a letter to city hall?? TV station??

I wonder if they are the same indane bears from 1996 ......when the ottter had nop water. fuc_king awful place.

The otter has gone!! it was basically put in a gutter and had a cage over it !! in the dry season it hard very little water, also it was positioned in the right place for children to spit on it and i once saw a teenager pissing on it :o:D he shat himself after he saw he running towards him :D:D

it is the worst zoo in the world i think!!! the otters are still there, they are just way up the back in concrete cages with smelly dead fish laying all over them. think they will probabl;y die of some fish poisoning. no water at all. F!*^king discusting!!!! :D:D:o

I agree, it is sad to see the animals in such a state

considering that it is a free Zoo, unclear where the funding comes from, unlikely the animal's lot will improve.

Is it the worst zoo in the world? :D

sadly I have seen far worst when I lived in China. :o

It seems to me that there is a lack of respect for animals all over Asia.

Once at the zoo in Beijing, I saw a man teaching his son how to remove feathers from a live peacock,

or some visitors throwing garbage at the bears in the pit thinking it was funny how they had tricked the bears in thinking it was food.

It sure is a sad sight, so any suggestions to what we can do to improve the conditions of the zoo???

Maybe a foundraiser? Maybe get our students involved? Maybe try to make some campain to educate the Thais about this?

I am sure it is not many people that realise that the animals suffer in the way ther are being kept...

• 1 month later...
I find it incredibly strange that as a Buddhist nation, things like this ( Abuse of Animals ) are a regular, every day occurance in this Country..

I can only answer with a quote from Mahatma Gandhi:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

I find it incredibly strange that as a Buddhist nation, things like this ( Abuse of Animals ) are a regular, every day occurance in this Country..

I can only answer with a quote from Mahatma Gandhi:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

In which case.............

Ok, i understand what you mean. :o