Any Decent Hotels In Pattaya For < 2000b/night?

Razr

I'm going to Pattaya next Thursday or Friday (staying until the following Monday) and would like your input on some of the better hotel deals out there.

I'm guessing I'll probably want to be towards the south end of Pattaya beach? The room doesn't need to be huge, but it does need to be clean, airconditioned and it has to be within a realistic walking distance to Walking Street and the beach. Bonus points if it has a an in-pool bar :o

Any suggestions?

Prior to buying a condo my wife and I used to stay at this place and I recommend it although it is kind of in the thick of things (beer bars etc) One good point is if you are driving they have a large parking lot. No in pool bar.

Areca Lodge

Soi Diana Inn

www.arecalodge.com

Prior to buying a condo my wife and I used to stay at this place and I recommend it although it is kind of in the thick of things (beer bars etc) One good point is if you are driving they have a large parking lot. No in pool bar.

Areca Lodge

Soi Diana Inn

www.arecalodge.com

Thanks Spaniel!

One requirement I did forget to mention is that I need in-room internet access as well.. Which apparently they don't have..

The search continues!

Yeah just down the road from me. Only about 5 mins on a motorcyc to walking street, but there is not much nearby for a tourist, and not really walking distance to walking street or the beach (probably 20 mins or more).

I used to stay around soi 7/8, good nightlife around there, only 5 mins on a baht bus to walking street and a 2 minute walk to the beach. Lots of hotels there that will probably be less than 1,000 per night, Sunshine, Sunbeam, Eastiny, Flipper Lodge to name but a few.

Edit to add: replying to 'Is anyone familiar with the Mind Resort on Pattaya 3 Road Soi 17?', Zorro posted while I was typing.

Edited by sweetchariot

Thanks for all the responses guys :D

mamaison soi 13 10m from beach, in room free wifi 1400 bht superior room but shhhhh! its a secret :D

The rooms look a little dated/simplistic from the pics on their website, but I guess it is in a good location..

Yeah just down the road from me. Only about 5 mins on a motorcyc to walking street, but there is not much nearby for a tourist, and not really walking distance to walking street or the beach (probably 20 mins or more).

I used to stay around soi 7/8, good nightlife around there, only 5 mins on a baht bus to walking street and a 2 minute walk to the beach. Lots of hotels there that will probably be less than 1,000 per night, Sunshine, Sunbeam, Eastiny, Flipper Lodge to name but a few.

Edit to add: replying to 'Is anyone familiar with the Mind Resort on Pattaya 3 Road Soi 17?', Zorro posted while I was typing.

I'll be driving down, so the only place I really need to walk to is walking street.. 20 mins is no sweat for me, but the GFE won't be too keen on it (she's a lazy sod).

What's the situation like for transport in Pattaya? i.e. tuk-tuks, songteow's, taxi's etc? If I could get to and fro from Mind Resort and the Walking Street area without being robbed, then it might just work. I guess I should also mention that Mind are doing rooms for 1,200/night with LAN, min. 7 days stay - I guess I can extend my trip a bit :o

As for the 1000B cheapies, I'm yet to find one that has in-room internet.. I am *meant* to be working while down in Pattaya, so that's a must.

Thanks for all the responses guys :D
mamaison soi 13 10m from beach, in room free wifi 1400 bht superior room but shhhhh! its a secret :D

The rooms look a little dated/simplistic from the pics on their website, but I guess it is in a good location..

I'll be driving down, so the only place I really need to walk to is walking street.. 20 mins is no sweat for me, but the GFE won't be too keen on it (she's a lazy sod).

What's the situation like for transport in Pattaya? i.e. tuk-tuks, songteow's, taxi's etc? If I could get to and fro from Mind Resort and the Walking Street area without being robbed, then it might just work. I guess I should also mention that Mind are doing rooms for 1,200/night with LAN, min. 7 days stay - I guess I can extend my trip a bit :o

As for the 1000B cheapies, I'm yet to find one that has in-room internet.. I am *meant* to be working while down in Pattaya, so that's a must.

Loads of motorbike taxis, just walk out of the hotel and clap loudly. You're off the songteow route, and there are no tuk-tuks in Pattaya, so motorcy is probably your only option. I think the hotel have their own songteow but will probably charge you handsomely!

Loads of motorbike taxis, just walk out of the hotel and clap loudly. You're off the songteow route, and there are no tuk-tuks in Pattaya, so motorcy is probably your only option. I think the hotel have their own songteow but will probably charge you handsomely!

Too easy. I've got no problems getting on a motorbike taxi - just a problem staying on the buggers when I've had a tankful :o I've read some of the horror stories about Pattaya hotel songteows (e.g. 600B for 3-4KM, &lt;deleted&gt;!), so I'm guessing they must be true :D

Any other suggestions? I'm going to have to make a reservation soon..

Could try Mercure in soi 15.

cheers

onzestan

Thanks onzestan, unfortunately they're fully booked on Saturday, so that scuttles that plan. Looks nice for 1900B/night though - will definitely keep it in mind for future visits.

Cheers! :o

One alternative outlet would be to rent an apt. for the week.

For the money your talking about Ganda would give you a nice apartment in Central Pattaya Pattaya Klang Soi 14 1 & 1/2 blocks from Pattaya Klang sangathews to take you every direction . Waking street 3 kilo's, the beach 1 kilo away.

Rented at PR Mansion for a year 7000 baht a month- She rents by the week as well & always seems to have a place to stay. Grace mansion Mild mansion & Joy apartments are available as well.

After 1 night in Pattaya I figured out you can get great digs for little if you go the apt. route & availability is usually good.

PR Mansion had all nice wood well kept Teakwood fridge . Your best bet is to book 1 night somewhere & shop around for a place to stay. I rarely ever book more than 1 night anywhere in Thailand(even in high season) Never had to slum on the beach & you can find a lot more info once your here as the web is Really limited when it comes to season bookings anyway. They tell you their full up to bump you to the room for 2800 that just opened up.

I would give her number but I don't have it on me.

If you PM me by tomorrow I will be going down to Pattaya & will get her number 4 you

Cheers Beardog

Edited by Beardog

One alternative outlet would be to rent an apt. for the week.

For the money your talking about Ganda would give you a nice apartment in Central Pattaya Pattaya Klang Soi 14 1 & 1/2 blocks from Pattaya Klang sangathews to take you every direction . Waking street 3 kilo's, the beach 1 kilo away.

Rented at PR Mansion for a year 7000 baht a month- She rents by the week as well & always seems to have a place to stay. Grace mansion Mild mansion & Joy apartments are available as well.

After 1 night in Pattaya I figured out you can get great digs for little if you go the apt. route & availability is usually good.

PR Mansion had all nice wood well kept Teakwood fridge . Your best bet is to book 1 night somewhere & shop around for a place to stay. I rarely ever book more than 1 night anywhere in Thailand(even in high season) Never had to slum on the beach & you can find a lot more info once your here as the web is Really limited when it comes to season bookings anyway. They tell you their full up to bump you to the room for 2800 that just opened up.

I would give her number but I don't have it on me.

If you PM me by tomorrow I will be going down to Pattaya & will get her number 4 you

Cheers Beardog

PM Sent, cheers.

New place opened at the bottom of soi6/1, Discovery Beach Hotel, not sure of the price but it looks nice and a 10baht ride along to walking street and right on the beach road.

Looks nice, but prices start at 2800 Baht (up to 12K) per night - a little out of my league :o

Thanks for putting in the effort to help, appreciated! :D

Is anyone familiar with the Mind Resort on Pattaya 3 Road Soi 17?

http://www.mindresortpattaya.com/index.html

Their basic rooms are 1500B/night and I've confirmed on the phone that they have LAN internet in-room.

There are always several coaches in their car park (the open area between the hotel and the street)

I would guess at package-tour clientele.

You can risk mo'bike taxis - but the lower half of Soi 17 towards Walking Street is a death trap. No sawng thaews. Crossing Third Road with the lights is dangerous, bloody suicide against the lights!

OK, I walk around there every day when I am in town, but I also have the scars to prove it.

I would look for somewhere on the sea side of Third Road, such as Lek, or Welkom.

Tend to stay at the Markland when in Town but its up near Soi 1..next to the Beans place...other end of Beach Rd....nice and quiet with good pool and breakie on the roof top cafe.

'Song Tail' down to Walking st is only 5 bt (but take a cricket bat with you) :o

You can risk mo'bike taxis - but the lower half of Soi 17 towards Walking Street is a death trap. No sawng thaews. Crossing Third Road with the lights is dangerous, bloody suicide against the lights!

OK, I walk around there every day when I am in town, but I also have the scars to prove it.

Ahhh that's just Thailand :D I've survived it for 7 years now *fingers crossed*

I would look for somewhere on the sea side of Third Road, such as Lek, or Welkom.

No in-room internet @ Lek, but Welkom state that they've now got wi-fi.. Their rooms are dirt cheap - has anyone here actually seen them or stayed in them?

Tend to stay at the Markland when in Town but its up near Soi 1..next to the Beans place...other end of Beach Rd....nice and quiet with good pool and breakie on the roof top cafe.

'Song Tail' down to Walking st is only 5 bt (but take a cricket bat with you) :o

No in-room internet @ Markland unfortunately.. I have to at least pretend I'm working - even if Skype just registers me as "away" ;P

Thanks for the help gents!

Any more suggestions?

Edited by Razr

Cheers Beardog

I've tried PM'ing you a half dozen times now, but the ThaiVisa website is playing up. I did however get your PM..

If you could round up those numbers and PM them to me that would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers Beardog

I've tried PM'ing you a half dozen times now, but the ThaiVisa website is playing up. I did however get your PM..

If you could round up those numbers and PM them to me that would be greatly appreciated!

You got it. The internet is really strange lately( must have something to do with the tanks on the train we saw rolling thru town yesterday.{probable deep south bound}) I will go round up her tele. number after I finish watering our new lawn in a couple hours.

There is no internet , but C'internet shop 1 block away is 30 baht an hour & very comfortable air- well kept machines. I found them to cost far less than hooking up thru tt&t or Tot.

I will post later this afternoon when I return

Cheers

Hi Razr,

Got the tele number for you. She was out(as it is Sunday-vacation day) One of her friends got had her number & said she was sure she had some availability. She wakes up later so I haven't tried to call her yet. She speaks English well.

Her number is 0816838881 If your outside Thailand & using Skype, Hit the Thai flag & enter 816838881 Just drop off the zero in the beginning.

I will PM you as well.

Good luck on your hunt!

Barry

Thanks for all the great suggestions guys!

Unfortunately it seems that finding a room with internet access that's <2000B/night is next to impossible in Pattaya. All of the recent suggestions made are internet-free zones it seems :o

Your original post did not mention internet access, although it did ask to be within reasonable access of Walking Street.

This is still high season, so prices will be up from average, especially at the lower end.

Don't you have wi-fi? There are hotspots in Pattaya - and some hotels are setting up with this rather than hard-wire links.

But still behind Angeles City in the Philippines.

With needing an internet connection live 24-7 your kinda cuttin your throat mate.

High season & short notice Internet high speed is only 30 baht an hour comphy & most have refreshments & air con systems. I am sure they would let you plug your laptop into there line C'internet cafe is secure 2 & 1/2 years bank transfers no problems. Their machines ask at the end of session if you want all cookies deleted. The owners are honest & if you use your own laptop - they couldn't acess your hard drive for a shadow copy of data if you are concerned about it.

It would make finding a place a lot easier!

Barry

What I really need is my notebook connected during working hours back home, i.e. So Skype can be active and show me as busy/away not disconnected and therefore on holiday/arsing about :o Internet cafe's / shared computers can't do that for me :D

I forgot to include it in my original spec simply because everywhere else I've been it's a gimme you're going to at least get a wi-fi connect in your room (it is the 21st century after all :D).. Anyways, I've got afew great leads now from varous ladies & gents, so I'm on the right track. Thanks!

Edited by Razr