Do You Ever Take A Dislike To A Tv Member Because Of Their Avatar?

garro

Do you ever take a dislike to a TV member because of their avatar?  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I find the flashing avatars very irratating. Find I have to use the esc key often to shut them off. For the most part I don't remember who has the avatar, but then my memory is not what it use to be.

same same for me

Hey pressing Esc really works, thanks, now I dont have to read the rest of this thread.!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the one below for a while of the great man himself. The bloke is a legend. Unfortunately I started getting many PM's from members, from the polite "could you please use another one" to others with language usage which would have made the great man himself proud. (OK so I exaggerate, but you get the gist....)

paul-keating-1.jpg

• 4 months later...

I neither find avatars offensive nor appealing. They are just an image chosen by the person for a variety of reasons, some of them are pictures of their children so they are personal pieces much the same as photos on the desk at work.

For the first few months here I didnt't have an avatar mainly since I didn't know how to get/create one. Found the TV library and didn't much care for any of the images so I googled the subject. Chose this one because I like rebellious cats. I did have another one but changed it as it was a bit dark and sinister.

btw avatars are computer generated images, nothing to be scared of neither in cyberspace nor reality.

post-55597-1203472416.gif

I was thinking of using this avatar when I joined-up. Decided against it as it might have sent the wrong message. Still makes me grin, though.

It's a hundred times funnier, Chaplinesque, than the Stalin one.

Why limit it to avatars? Some people have strange names on here too,do you dislike someone because of an on screen name?

After taking lots of heat for not using the spelling krungthep instead of Groongthep I wish I had used the former. I've been using this one for a long time now though, so I'll stick with it.

No. I use the picture to identify a post I want to read. I did take a dislike to one. I was following a thread, and it showed up repeatedly. It eventually caught my eye, and, for some reason, it started to annoy me. I wasn't even reading his posts. He seems like a nice enough guy, but who am I to judge. I apologize to whomever I offended. Your picture is your business.

I'm changing mine based on everything I've read that might irritate people. I'm thinking "Hot Lips" Hoolihan, or that maniacal one of Charlie. Manson. Not really. I love my avator. I try to be irritating more than annoying. It took me a long time to read this whole thread.

Edited by Shotime

I've become rather stoic about the whole issue...

Welcome to Stoic City........... :D

P.S. My is a supposed likeness of Epictetus (50 - 120 AD) and not one of the Bee Gees as

one poster suggested a while ago. :o

Edited by LeungKen

Love micksterbs avatar but I get out of breath quickly if it stays on screen too long.

There are some posters whose comments I really enjoy reading. The anticipation rises when I see their avatar creep into view.

The perception of the poster surely has to be subconciously affected by their choice of avatar?

No. I use the picture to identify a post I want to read. I did take a dislike to one. I was following a thread, and it showed up repeatedly. It eventually caught my eye, and, for some reason, it started to annoy me. I wasn't even reading his posts. He seems like a nice enough guy, but who am I to judge. I apologize to whomever I offended. Your picture is your business.

You should try reading his posts. They're bloody good, although I can assure you he is NOT a nice guy.

I get annoyed at the posts (sometimes but not always) and not the avatar. I think the avatars are entertaining and I would require all members to have one and change it at least once a month to keep things interesting.

As far as my avatar, I didn't feel comfortable with using my own picture so I decided to use one of my twin brother. (Of course it was taken when he was much younger.... :o )

Love micksterbs avatar but I get out of breath quickly if it stays on screen too long.

There are some posters whose comments I really enjoy reading. The anticipation rises when I see their avatar creep into view.

The perception of the poster surely has to be subconciously affected by their choice of avatar?

this is close to the fact of it.

I get annoyed at the posts (sometimes but not always) and not the avatar. I think the avatars are entertaining and I would require all members to have one and change it at least once a month to keep things interesting.

I agree

Me too, I come here for the pictures only.

I agree

:o

I agree

:o

I was kidding Tipsy, but I will take your advice under consideration because heaven forbid if we don't change the avatar on a monthly basis, TV would not be interesting.

Maybe next month I will get an invisible one, that way I can change it whenever I want, or just use the same one over and over again until someone notices.