Whitening Cream

monkeygirl

Does that whitening cream work? Because everywhere I go, everything is whitening. I am already white. If I use it, will I look at white as Michael Jackson then? I like the colour I am, no need to be darker or whiter, why can't everyone else be happy with their colour too? Funny how farangs want to be darker and Thais want to be lighter.

why can't everyone else be happy with their colour too? Funny how farangs want to be darker and Thais want to be lighter.

Having the majority of the Thai actors lilly white and mass marketing of this crap on the tv doesn't help. Gives the nation the notion that white is better, which of course it isn't, surely?

My wife is an absolute cracker when it comes to the lite skin thingy....When I see her or any other female walking done the soi on a sunny day with a book or hand held over their head...I call it the Chiang Mai salute!!

Try telling an Asian from anywhere that black is beautiful... :o

why can't everyone else be happy with their colour too? Funny how farangs want to be darker and Thais want to be lighter.

Having the majority of the Thai actors lilly white and mass marketing of this crap on the tv doesn't help. Gives the nation the notion that white is better, which of course it isn't, surely?

To the Thais, dark skin signifies a field worker (poor)

White skin signifies a good office job (rich)

In the West, white skin signifies an office slave with no free time

Dark skin (tanned) signifies good health and 'freedom'...time to laze about in the sun...

I always enjoy pointing this out to Thais who say farangs are crazy for sun bathing :o

My wife is an absolute cracker when it comes to the lite skin thingy....When I see her or any other female walking done the soi on a sunny day with a book or hand held over their head...I call it the Chiang Mai salute!!

How about the hand in front of the mouth that will keep the air she breathes clean down to 1 particle per million? I see that one all the time :D

I think my wife has an umbrella attached to her arm 365 days a year, rain or shine.

the best whitening cream on the market is called sunscreen

:D

Absolutely correct. Since they've tightened up on the use of chemicals in cosmetics, standard sunscreen is the 'active ingredient' in 'whiteners' now... :o

Tightened up on chemicals ??????

Despite my protests (probably because of them, actually) my wife decided to try a well-known international brand of whitening cream a week or two ago.

Now she has a dozen or more spots on her face and is extraordinarily pee'ed off with the whole process. Hope she doesn't try any more - although she's now bought some gunk for the spots on her face .....

Amazing how gullible women are for mass-advertising gimmicks.

And dedicated followers of fashion.

Absolutely right - I'm usually working on a construction site, employing thousands of Thais, most of whom work in the heat with balaclavas (ski-masks), covering every inch of skin normally exposed.

In Saudi it was understandable, the dangers from sunburn could be high. But here in LOS? Haven't seen the sun for four months now.

Commenting on another post - all women seem to think white is best - in Arab countries, where the women have their faces exposed, they all carry something to shade their face, same in Philippines, Southern China, Malaysia, Singapore.

the best whitening cream on the market is called sunscreen

:D

Absolutely correct. Since they've tightened up on the use of chemicals in cosmetics, standard sunscreen is the 'active ingredient' in 'whiteners' now... :o

Tightened up on chemicals ??????

Despite my protests (probably because of them, actually) my wife decided to try a well-known international brand of whitening cream a week or two ago.

Now she has a dozen or more spots on her face and is extraordinarily pee'ed off with the whole process. Hope she doesn't try any more - although she's now bought some gunk for the spots on her face .....

Amazing how gullible women are for mass-advertising gimmicks.

And dedicated followers of fashion.

I've been seeing a few stories lately in the local press about fake cosmetics...They look the same as some international products, but have substandard (and illegal) ingredients. I've forgotten the names of some of the chemicals, but I remembered that they were the same chemicals in the news a few years ago that can cause burns and other skin reactions in consumers- and some were carcinogenic.

In the West, white skin signifies an office slave with no free time

Dark skin (tanned) signifies good health and 'freedom'...time to laze about in the sun...

I wonder then what is signified if one is ..Err.. Actually Born with dark skin in the West? :D:D:o

Narachon of the Dark Brown :D

Ning says that there are only TWO good looking black people, one being Beyonce - who is probably the only black female celebrity I have never found atractive (yeah that's right, I used to like Whoopi as a kid) and the other is Tiger Woods who she claims is half African American and HALF THAI?!!!

She's shitting me, surely - is she??? Maybe she's right, I don't know.

Anyway, they are okay in her book because they are both filthy rich, the fact that they have lots of talent (well, okay - Tiger does) is of little or no importance.

She went on to say that apart from Tiger and Beyonce, all black people look dirty.

I went on to say that she was still a very young and silly girl and as a footnote added that everyone in my life who had ever wronged me, hurt me or ripped me off was white.

BTW: I also agree with Michael Moore that Oprah Winfrey would make a great president of the United tates but I don't fancy her.

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

Beyonce is prolly using lots of whitening cream too in her vid clips :D !

Anyway, a chinese khmer girl i met in phnom penh had a funny theory about racial attraction : (is that politicallly correct ?)

In a mixed nightclub we have all asian, african and white/european people :

White men go for the asian girls cause they're slim and pretty.

White women prefer black men fortheir physical "advantages"

Black women are left behind because of their big butts, asian men are left behind because of their lack of physical "advantages". And because the 2 don't like each other or simply aren't "compatible" they are society's loosers. :D

I thought it was very funny because she told me of her observation in dead earnest :D

But i have noticed that Asians are quite often rascists when it comes to black/white ! :o

I reckon Thai visa .com should run a beauty contest in Thailand.......and I WANNA BE ON THE JUDGING PANEL BY THE WAY.......... :o

It would be a great lesson for some people........sorryyyyyy you're too white !! Sorry your skin looks like you are rich and wealthy ....!! ...........

........and the winner is.........Miss Lek........from Mahasarakam.......... because she has beautiful brown/dark whatever skin !!!

Ning says that there are only TWO good looking black people, one being Beyonce - who is probably the only black female celebrity I have never found atractive (yeah that's right, I used to like Whoopi as a kid) and the other is Tiger Woods who she claims is half African American and HALF THAI?!!!

Anyway, they are okay in her book because they are both filthy rich, the fact that they have lots of talent (well, okay - Tiger does) is of little or no importance.

She went on to say that apart from Tiger and Beyonce, all black people look dirty.

I went on to say that she was still a very young and silly girl and as a footnote added that everyone in my life who had ever wronged me, hurt me or ripped me off was white.

BTW: I also agree with Michael Moore that Oprah Winfrey would make a great president of the United tates but I don't fancy her.

Beyonce's got the best ass in the business. Tiger's ol' dear is definitely thai (northern), you can see her sometimes propped-up on an orange box eagerly looking-on when her son's playing.

My missus is a dark Thai and I've noticed more than a few times other Thais taking the piss, especially the childish uni girls. Missus just brushes it off.

are you all of the dark skin faction ? was just wondering, travelling mate of mine is as well, i seem to be the only one who prefers (quite) white skin ?

what about a poll ? :o

I don't care what colour the lady is, as long as she's good lookin' and not a bitch. Just gets on my tits when Thais look down on darker skinned people.

Ning says that there are only TWO good looking black people, one being Beyonce - who is probably the only black female celebrity I have never found atractive (yeah that's right, I used to like Whoopi as a kid) and the other is Tiger Woods who she claims is half African American and HALF THAI?!!! She's shitting me, surely - is she??? Maybe she's right, I don't know.

Only TWO? And you say that you thought Whoopie Goldberg was attractive? :D

Yes, Beyonce is pretty, and she has that sexy great behind.. :(

Can't see what she sees in Jayzee though...

and the other is Tiger Woods who she claims is half African American and HALF THAI?!!! She's shitting me, surely - is she??? Maybe she's right, I don't know.

Yeah, believe it or not, Tiger Woods is Half Thai. So your girlfriend thinks that Tiger Woods is pretty? :D

I wonder which half of Tiger does she like? :D

"ALL"? Is that because those two ( Like me :) ) are mixed racially and Americans, and don't look like the "typical" Nigerians that she is probably used to seeing and hearing about in Thailand? :D

I can tell that your Ning hasn't really met or actually talked to that many Black people in her life.. ......Well, It's a good thing for me that not all Thai women share your girlfriend's prejudices......I've been told by more than a few Thai ladies that I am หล่อและน่ารักมาก! :)

Well, it is a good thing that you at least said something to set her straight , all too often, many Farang /White men actually do share and / or completely overlook the Racist notions of their Thai girlfriends/wives... -_-

:wub: Huh?

I'd much rather have Hillary Rodham over Oprah, even though while the latter is very smart and rich, she is just too fake for my liking... :o

The Ever Black, but seldom Dirty

Narachon

I use to work security where he(Tiger) lives and meet his mom she of course arrived in a limo, She was actually very nice to me when she arrived Yes she is from Issan Her husband was with the US Military during the vietnam war.

His real name is eldrick Tiger is a nickname and close up you can see he is asian not black features at all just black skin He was returning hone one day and I said Sawadee to him his eyes got wide and he said your thai?? I said yes I was born there He said Great but didn't talk much after that.

He is really nice and been getting a beating here in the states since he's not playing as well as he use to, but every talented person has to fall from the perch sometime in their life. He was number one in golf for five years not sure if he is two now but that's what i last heard

Absolutely right - I'm usually working on a construction site, employing thousands of Thais, most of whom work in the heat with balaclavas (ski-masks), covering every inch of skin normally exposed.

In Saudi it was understandable, the dangers from sunburn could be high. But here in LOS? Haven't seen the sun for four months now.

It's still quite feasible to get sunburn (or tanned skin) when it's cloudy. Surprised you hadn't noticed. I certainly noticed... ouch! :o