Grass Seed

Monkeypants

Tell me a bit about the soil type, whats growing on the land now (if anything) and the number of cows you wish to support (?)

A couple other questions

- this is not commercial - you just looking to keep the family livestock asset in good condition - is that correct?

- are you intending to keep the cattle on the same land as the grass is been cultivated, or do you have stalling/an alternative field/shed/barn or somewhere else to keep the livestock (keeping the cattle off the land will increase the feed potential of the land by as much as 60 - 75%).

- does this land become swampy in the rainy season, or does it drain off and just stay wet/damp?

- are you happy with irrigating, or would you prefer not to have to worry about sprinklers (keep in mind that in the dry season your grass growth - without sprinklers - is going to come to an almost standstill i.e. you will to have to buy in bailed forage and silage).

- 2 or 3 rai - you are okay in investing in a tractor owner to come plough it all up and prep the land for you before you re-seed?

Sorry - I had to make it complicated didn't I ... but better these points are understood now as opposed to presenting themselves as problems not prepeared for later.