Farang Men In Thailand

monkeygirl

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us review the facts about American woman…………….

 Fattest in the world.

 The highest maintenance.

 Highest rate of divorce.

 Most likely to cheat.

 Highest payout provided a divorce.

 Most likely to hate men.

 Most likely to nag, bitch, moan, complain.

 Most likely to have unrealistic expectations.

 Highly emotional about small things.

I am not bitter or angry, I just analyze the facts through the use of my god given brain. I can have just about any woman I desire. Face the facts, the truth is the truth. I am generalizing, isn’t that sad!!!

Let's review the "facts" about american men, shall we then??

1) Fattest in the world (hmmm amazing how it affects both MEN and WOMEN, isn't it, but if you look at the map in the article in the Aug 2004 Natl Geo magazine Thailand's women have a higher obesity rate than it's men. In fact more than 24% of the female population is obese)

2) Highest rate of divorce in the world (again, isn't it odd how this affects both men and women?)

3) Most likely to cheat. I would guess all those "cheating american women" are also cheating with american men?? Wonder where he got another brilliant "statistic"??

4)Most likely to run off without paying child support.

5)Most likely to get their wives to pay their way through schooling and then once successful in their careers dump her for a younger version

6)Most likely to prefer a "trophy wife" instead of a partner

7)Most likely to be emotionally unavailable and unwilling to commit

I mean, I could go on and on with my "pretend facts" too (well, except for the fat bit, that is documented. And obviously the divorce rate among men would be pretty much the same as among women or do I need to explain that one too you to?)

You are angry and bitter and you need to come to terms with your own problems. I have no issue with American men or farang men whatsoever. Regardless of the fact that I was treated badly by ex- (American) boyfriends, regardless of the fact that I was sexually harassed by American men. I am mature enough and smart enough to realize that people are individuals and everyone is different. There are fat, complaining greedy Thai women. There are fat, greedy complaining farang men. If you want a lovely example of a terrific American male, check out Halle Berry's soon to be ex husband. Not only did he cheat on her with every woman he could get his hands on, now that they are divorcing he is trying to break their prenuptial agreement so he can get his hands on her money. A shining example to all you men I guess. Just next time you feel like pointing fingers try looking at yourself first?

I justwannateach, you should thank Mahi, I personally got a good laugh out of his list of "facts" :o

I myself find the whole man vs woman thing that happens occasionally in this forum very tiresome. It's a pity that people can't read the part about minding their manners when using this forum. It always comes down to some poor sod with a chip on his shoulder about his ex-wife slagging off all farang women and lumping them all into some inane category he's managed to create in his head.

Personally, if I were Boo, (which is why I am not a moderator 'cause I am not as level headed as Boo) I would warn these guys that if they need to be nasty then they can go to another forum to do so as this is still called "FARANG GIRLS IN THAILAND", not "Bitter farang men in thailand slagging off farang girls"

I normally do give a freindly warning when a thread turns this way but thought i'd let it run a while longer after the generalised comments by a couple of the ladies regarding farang men & thai women. It was going ok, with a fairly freindly argument until MAHI came alone with his post. It always makes me laugh though when I read them cause as I think you & I & a few others have said many times before, there are all sorts of people in the world but so many people come here to LOS with reverse rose tinted glasses on with regards to western women & the western world that they must live with a kind of selective blindness :o

Oh, great. First we have a thread by a Thai American woman, who despite being already married projects her apparent insecurities onto all farang men in Thailand. Then the thread descends into a farang-man-vs.-farang-woman slagging match. Well done.

If you actually read it in total sbk was just giving a rebutal of Mahi's post and stated that people are people regaurdless of race or sex.

As long as it does'nt get to name calling I see no reason why this cant run. why not explore the differences and conceptions of different males/females here, how we see each other ect.

We have males and females here from lots of countries and age groups, why not try to talk in a fairly civilised way about what we think of each other.

Of coures this may not be possible but it worth a try.

Cheers RC

It is interesting that this thread is still running. After the OP's ranting and my response, I laid back getting more and more amused.

Can't you boys and girls just get over it? Realize that the partner you find is either male or female, depends of course on what your are.

Forget about the nationality and enjoy being together as long as it lasts? Hopefullyi for ever!

Let's review the "facts" about american men, shall we then??

1) Fattest in the world (hmmm amazing how it affects both MEN and WOMEN, isn't it, but if you look at the map in the article in the Aug 2004 Natl Geo magazine Thailand's women have a higher obesity rate than it's men. In fact more than 24% of the female population is obese)

2) Highest rate of divorce in the world (again, isn't it odd how this affects both men and women?)

3) Most likely to cheat. I would guess all those "cheating american women" are also cheating with american men?? Wonder where he got another brilliant "statistic"??

4)Most likely to run off without paying child support.

5)Most likely to get their wives to pay their way through schooling and then once successful in their careers dump her for a younger version

6)Most likely to prefer a "trophy wife" instead of a partner

7)Most likely to be emotionally unavailable and unwilling to commit

I mean, I could go on and on with my "pretend facts" too (well, except for the fat bit, that is documented. And obviously the divorce rate among men would be pretty much the same as among women or do I need to explain that one too you to?)

You are angry and bitter and you need to come to terms with your own problems. I have no issue with American men or farang men whatsoever. Regardless of the fact that I was treated badly by ex- (American) boyfriends, regardless of the fact that I was sexually harassed by American men. I am mature enough and smart enough to realize that people are individuals and everyone is different. There are fat, complaining greedy Thai women. There are fat, greedy complaining farang men. If you want a lovely example of a terrific American male, check out Halle Berry's soon to be ex husband. Not only did he cheat on her with every woman he could get his hands on, now that they are divorcing he is trying to break their prenuptial agreement so he can get his hands on her money. A shining example to all you men I guess. Just next time you feel like pointing fingers try looking at yourself first?

You're assuming everyone that responded here is american. Well, i'm not american.

Second, the initial post, in short, seems to send the following message:

Farang men only want thai girls, if i wasn't married to a nice farang i would never find another man.

You can complain all you want about the farangs who have thai girlfriends/wifes. What's the big deal? There isn't really a great availability of farang women here either, you know. We're in Thailand, last time i checked ..and most of the women here are...guess what, thai! Second, you seem to prefer farang men over thai men ...what's the problem with some farang men preferring thai women? Don't you think thai women have problems finding a thai man in farangland, too? Well, they're stuck with farang men, too. I'm talking about honest thai women, not imported prostitutes. And before you start, yes, there are many. Perhaps not in your country, but in others for sure.

I see your point. Now, please see ours. Its everyone's own decision who they want to be with. And if its not with you, don't feel hurt. Be happy that things are going well with your farang man and that's it. Quit right there, drop it.

There, i said it. Stop beating the bunny, he's dead. Long live the bunny! :o

Rainman, read the whole thread. Monkeygirl is married to a farang. I have been married to a Thai man for over 15 years. Mahu is the one who came up with the "facts" about American women (guess he assumes all farang women are American?) I just wanted to point out how ridiculous he sounded. Seems to me you took it a little too close to heart.

I haven't been complaining about Thai women with farang men. I have been the one who has tried to point out that there all kinds. I believe that you and monkeygirl BOTH tend to generalize everybody to fit into your own neat little categories. I have pointed out to both of you more than a few times that the world is full of individuals.

Personally, I am of the opinion that as long as we are all consenting adults here whatever floats your boat is your business. What I do object to are farang men coming onto this forum making insulting remarks about farang women. I object heartily to ridiculous posts by troubled people such as Mahu who feels the need to take all of his unhapiness out on other people. And I object to self-righteousness from people who make broad generalizations about others but don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot.

 Fattest in the world.

 Most likely to cheat.

i agree :o but what of the women that come from another country and then become americanized I think this is even worse, My Mom's Friend She is Thai Her husband was a career military man Well in the beginning of their relationship She would do everything for him Shine his boots/shoes iron his clothes wash his clothes They had lived off base during this time. Well when they moved unto base the other women told her you don't need to do this Shine his boots That's his job Iron his clothes they have drycleaning on base Wash his clothes They have Washing machines, She still didn't do any of what they suggested. Even told them this is my husband, Their answer well your husband dosen't need a slave.

I am married now and my wife does this same thing for me But i didn't ask she just does it except for the shining of my shoes This is the one difference between american and Thai women Thai women respect their husband

 Fattest in the world.

 Most likely to cheat.

i agree :o but what of the women that come from another country and then become americanized I think this is even worse, My Mom's Friend She is Thai Her husband was a career military man Well in the beginning of their relationship She would do everything for him Shine his boots/shoes iron his clothes wash his clothes They had lived off base during this time. Well when they moved unto base the other women told her you don't need to do this Shine his boots That's his job Iron his clothes they have drycleaning on base Wash his clothes They have Washing machines, She still didn't do any of what they suggested. Even told them this is my husband, Their answer well your husband dosen't need a slave.

I am married now and my wife does this same thing for me But i didn't ask she just does it except for the shining of my shoes This is the one difference between american and Thai women Thai women respect their husband

So you should respect your wife also :D I hope u don't need a slave :D But, in the truth, white women (especially american) have a problems with respect marriage.

Well then I guess my husband must be a really tolerant person to have put up with me for 16 years (married for 15). :D

The "problem" farang women have with respect in marriage is that they expect it too. I do many things for my husband (I wash his clothes etc) but the funny thing here is he does many things for me too. Marriage isn't a one way street boys and until you realize that it involves give and take (and not just take) you will never have a successful relationship with a farang woman. And, to be honest, having seen the changes in Thailand over the past 15 years, you may have problems in your relationship with Thai women too.

See, I'll tell you a little secret. Everyone wants to be treated with respect, not just you guys :o

Well then I guess my husband must be a really tolerant person to have put up with me for 16 years (married for 15). :D

The "problem" farang women have with respect in marriage is that they expect it too. I do many things for my husband (I wash his clothes etc) but the funny thing here is he does many things for me too. Marriage isn't a one way street boys and until you realize that it involves give and take (and not just take) you will never have a successful relationship with a farang woman. And, to be honest, having seen the changes in Thailand over the past 15 years, you may have problems in your relationship with Thai women too.

See, I'll tell you a little secret. Everyone wants to be treated with respect, not just you guys :o

This is true and I respect my wife totally There is nothing i wouldn't do for her, But women in the states do expect you to respect them, But some women in the states expect more than that and are not allowing for that give and take.

I think this is why more and more men are marrying outside of the US and I am not saying only to Thai women They have seen an increase of women from russia and south america I saw a TV show on it Phillipines was on it and also Thailand.

Yes everyone does want to be treated with respect Once you stop treating each other this way then the marriage is over In my opinion.

If you want someone who takes really good care of you & does all your cooking & cleaning, is responsible for all the child rearing & generally a home maker, then marry one, but unfortunatly, so many people choose a partner who isn't compatibale with their ideas about life & whats expected in the realtionship.

If you want a women like that then you have to be the one who take all of the responsibility to earn the money & provide for the family and unfortunatly, a lot of guys (partically in the western countries where the cost of living is so much higher) also expect their wives to go to work & contribute an income as well as well as doing all of these houshold chores too. Now I'd be pissed off if I was working a full week & then was expected to come home & cook, clean, iron, take care of the kids etc etc etc. My husband knows this about me & take his share without complaint, it's only fair isn't it as I'm the main breadwinner at the moment?

Having a relationship in the western world is hard, all about sharing the responsibnilty as our lives are so full with work, commuting & getting on with life that I understand when guys come here & the cost of living is so low & they can afford to have their wives stay at home & be homemakers that they start to complain about women & life in the west & how we don't take care enough.

Another side of the coin is that western women have so much more freedom now and want the same rights as men, the ability to make money, enjoy some of the luxurys that a good income afford & some just dont want to be tied down, it's can't be so hard to beleive that many women enjoy their careers more than staying home & doing laundry?

Marry someone who has the same ideals but don't hold up impossible standards (in the western world) where women are the ones most likely to take on most of the house hold responsibilties regardless of their work, as it's in our nature to do so. Try looking in the mirror & asking yourself if you did enough to take care of your wife after she had a bad day at work or when the kids were playing up all day, or did you blame her cause you couldn't find that shirt you wanted or the house was a mess?

Personally I find all of these comparisons pathetic, if you want a home maker, then marry one but don't marry a career girl or tell your wife to get a job & then complain when your dinner isn't on the table on time or shé's too tired to suck your dick at the end of the day. :o

Axel Posted on Sat 2004-09-25, 11:42:19

Boo, what you say makes a lot of sense and to your ending LOL

So tongue in cheek, the solution for you guys is to marry your maid.

Ah, problem again, maid promoted wife does no longer want to be maid.

Axel, I think it's a continual vicious cycle, many maids & many wives, this I think is the only solution :o

Axel Posted on Sat 2004-09-25, 11:42:19

Boo, what you say makes a lot of sense and to your ending LOL

So tongue in cheek, the solution for you guys is to marry your maid.

Ah, problem again, maid promoted wife does no longer want to be maid.

Axel, I think it's a continual vicious cycle, many maids & many wives, this I think is the only solution :o

Thai men understood that very sound principle quite long time ago... :D:D

Rainman, read the whole thread. Monkeygirl is married to a farang. I have been married to a Thai man for over 15 years. Mahu is the one who came up with the "facts" about American women (guess he assumes all farang women are American?) I just wanted to point out how ridiculous he sounded. Seems to me you took it a little too close to heart.

My apologies, i didn't read anymore who was who. It was 5am and i just posted my opinion, which was directed at monkeygirl, not you or anyone else. Sorry about that. I just got a little tired because the whole issue of this thread is ridiculous. We can either battle to death here or accept the fact that other people may not have the same view of things or preferences as we may have.

:o:D Well said Boo. Showed that one to hubby and he had a good laugh too.

It just reminded me of this story of a Thai couple I know who own a restaurant where they do everything, or rather, she does everything and he schmoozes with the customers. One day he stopped by our place and saw my husband helping me with a mountain of dishes and said, "Washing dishes, that's women's work!" to which my husband replied, "Yes, I know, but I love my wife and I feel bad sitting on my butt watching her do all the work". :D

One day he stopped by our place and saw my husband helping me with a mountain of dishes and said, "Washing dishes, that's women's work!" to which my husband replied, "Yes, I know, but I love my wife and I feel bad sitting on my butt watching her do all the work". :D

I'm starting to wonder, Sbk, are you inventing (or dreaming) all that? :o:D