Uk Tourist Visa

My grandfather passed away last week. I want to go to the funeral with the g/f, we intend to only stay for a week, any ideas if the embassy have a policy about this situation????

We had to get her a passport for the prospective trip, the family are delaying the funeral until we can get there, we can't go until the G/F finishes her end of year exams at uni.

I can get copies of death cert etc.

Again, the problem we will have is the proof of return to LoS!!

Speak with the entry clearance manger (the head of the visa section) and see if he'll agree to urgently consider your g/f's application. I don't wish to appear callous but he may take the view that your g/f doesn't need to attend the funeral of someone to whom she is not related and has never met. Apart from the urgency of the application it would be treated as any other and would depend upon your g/f's circumstances in Thailand. If she is a university student then she should provide a letter from the college stating when she is expected to resume her studies. That is a good reason for her to return to Thailand. If you live in Thailand evidence of this would help to bolster her application but not if you stay there purely on 30 day stamps or tourist visas.

Scouse.

I've considered this because when the time comes and the only relative back home I dearly love passes away I will naturally be devastated. I can't rely on emotional support from others I know in England therefore I would very much want my Thai wife to be with me during my grieving... surely the British embassy could realise that?

I've considered this because when the time comes and the only relative back home I dearly love passes away I will naturally be devastated. I can't rely on emotional support from others I know in England therefore I would very much want my Thai wife to be with me during my grieving... surely the British embassy could realise that?

There is a difference between a Thai wife and a Thai girlfriend Flum. I think that Scouse has told it as it is, but it is worth a try.

Thanks for the help guys, I would just add that we have been engaged for a year, and the only reason we are not married is her studies. It's not just a casual relationship, and we can prove we have been together for about 2 years, no she never met my grandfather but she speaks to all my family on the phone and did have a "relationship" to him, but I suppose that is in our oppinion As you so rightly point out, it is the same as any other application to the embassy.

A quick update! Fiance got her visa!!!!!! They were very keen to prove the relationship between us, which was no problem, the other key thing was available funds for the trip. These seemed to be the main points, we had a couple of letters, ! from her part time job, 1 from Uni, saying she was expected to return, even though I wrote the one for the school they cut and pasted it!!!!! Saved them thinking.

The officer was thorough and more than fair in my opinion, I would have been happy for her to get an interveiw but he granted it under compassionate grounds.

The moral, honesty is the best policy.