Vote For Your Favorite Cities On Monopoly World Edition

Carmine6

Hasbro is creating a Word Edition of the Monopoly board game with cities instead of streets. They have a vote going now for 20 of the spaces. 2 wild card spaces are to be decided. Anyway, here's the deal. Bangkok did not make the initial vote, so won't be one of the 20. However, it can make one of the 2 wild card spots. So in the "Nominate your own city" spot how about getting Bangkok on the list?

There are unfortunately several choices after you type Bangkok in. 3 in Indonesia and these 2 in Thailand:

Bangkok, Ayudhya, TH

Bangkok, Krung Thep Mahanakhon, TH

I picked Krung Thep since I don't know where Bangkok, Ayudhya, TH is.

In March, voting on the top wild card nominees happens. You could try getting your real favorite Thai city on there, but it'll take a lot of nominations which is why I'm pushing Bangkok. Has the best chance of getting through the final voting.

http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-games/monopoly/

Edited by Carmine6

Hasbro is creating a Word Edition of the Monopoly board game with cities instead of streets. They have a vote going now for 20 of the spaces. 2 wild card spaces are to be decided. Anyway, here's the deal. Bangkok did not make the initial vote, so won't be one of the 20. However, it can make one of the 2 wild card spots. So in the "Nominate your own city" spot how about getting Bangkok on the list?

There are unfortunately several choices after you type Bangkok in. 3 in Indonesia and these 2 in Thailand:

Bangkok, Ayudhya, TH

Bangkok, Krung Thep Mahanakhon, TH

I picked Krung Thep since I don't know where Bangkok, Ayudhya, TH is.

In March, voting on the top wild card nominees happens. You could try getting your real favorite Thai city on there, but it'll take a lot of nominations which is why I'm pushing Bangkok. Has the best chance of getting through the final voting.

http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-games/monopoly/

There's actually more choices than you mentioned; Bangkok Yai, Bangkok Noi & Bangkok Metropolis Krung Thep Mahanakhon plus five Indonesian options - not three. Looks a bit of an uphill struggle to me, even getting Bangkok on the wild card nominee list.

I wonder if the variety of options has confused voters with Bangkoks votes being distributed over the numerous options - hence Bangkok not being sighted on any of the lists? Maybe you should e-mail Hasbro? The only one that ought to be in the list is the one you voted for. I can't believe Bangkok received fewer nominations than some of the cities in the lists.

Edited by ClaytonSeymour

snip

I wonder if the variety of options has confused voters with Bangkoks votes being distributed over the numerous options - hence Bangkok not being sighted on any of the lists? Maybe you should e-mail Hasbro? The only one that ought to be in the list is the one you voted for. I can't believe Bangkok received fewer nominations than some of the cities in the lists.

The list that's being voted on now seems to have been picked by Hasbro in advance. Mostly European cities on it. Probably makes sense for marketing purposes since they might get more sales that way, but kinda a shame that Asia and Africa have hardly any cities on the list.

The nomination is to get a city onto the wildcard list to vote on in March. Shouldn't take a whole lot of Bangkok nominations to make it onto the voting list.

Edited by Carmine6