Fullmoon Accomodations

joeyb

I will be in Samui for the March Fullmoon Party. I went to one last year as well and we took on of the boats that drops you off at 10 and picks you up at 3. This time I would like to stay in Haad Rin for the day, maybe 2 days. Is this possible?

All the websites say that you have to stay 5-7 days during the Fullmoon Time. Is it possible to avoid this? I saw tons of small guestroom type places right on the beach that probably aren't listed on the main travel sites. Do all these places have the same 5-7 day rules? Is it possible to show up that morning and still find something available?

We are just looking for something small so that we wouldn't have to go all the way back to Samui that nite. Actually would like to stay for 2 days, but no where close to 5 or 7 days.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Come as early before full moon as possible and look around Had Rin. There should be something. If not then try Ban Kai/ Ban Tai - which have songthaews going through them to Had Rin all the time, or stay on another beach - all beaches will have taxis or taxi boats going to the party. If you have not ridden a bike before on the road to Had Rin, would really reccommend full moon not being the time to do.

Thanks for the advice and info. I really don't want to go the whole scooter route and love to actually stay within walking distance to the festivities. I hope we can show up the day before and find something that works out. I don't mind paying higher rates during this time period just don't want to stay for 5+ days. Is there a more comprehensive web listing/phone listing of the majority of places that rooms for rent. (or when I get to Samui will it be easier to find this info then) We don't need much, just a place to sleep and shower.

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice and info. I really don't want to go the whole scooter route and love to actually stay within walking distance to the festivities. I hope we can show up the day before and find something that works out. I don't mind paying higher rates during this time period just don't want to stay for 5+ days. Is there a more comprehensive web listing/phone listing of the majority of places that rooms for rent. (or when I get to Samui will it be easier to find this info then) We don't need much, just a place to sleep and shower.

Thanks.

If you are only looking at arriving the day before you are going to have a bit of a struggle I would have thought. No point phoning - no one will hold anything for you. Just get there as early as possible and trawl around all the guesthouses and bungalows.