American Standard Toilet Seat

jm49er1

my toilet seat is cracked and i need a replacement - went to the Home Pro store next to Carrefour on Pattaya Klang and they can only get through special order( 2-3 weeks) and the price is close to 6000 baht - ouch - does anyone know where i can buy an American Standard replacement seat at a reasonable price in the Pattaya area? thanks

my toilet seat is cracked and i need a replacement - went to the Home Pro store next to Carrefour on Pattaya Klang and they can only get through special order( 2-3 weeks) and the price is close to 6000 baht - ouch - does anyone know where i can buy an American Standard replacement seat at a reasonable price in the Pattaya area? thanks

To show my ignorance of American toilet habits,can you explain how an "American" toilet seat differs from the articles the rest of the world manages with??

As far as I can see if its the right shape and has a hole in the centre,whats wrong with everyone elses seats??

you can order all parts for 'American Standard' bathroom fittings from branches of Homemart/ Cementhai

i used the one on the left about 400 metres after Pattaya Thai going towards Sattahip.

not cheap though as you have already found out but as agents for the brand, they ought to be cheaper than the in-town high rent store.

To show my ignorance of American toilet habits,can you explain how an "American" toilet seat differs from the articles the rest of the world manages with??

As far as I can see if its the right shape and has a hole in the centre,whats wrong with everyone elses seats??

"American Standard" is the brand name.

Home pro on sukhumvit nxt to big C, bought one on saturday for 300 Baht only Get measurements of the seat before you go as they have different sizes.

Reinforced

A friend just searched for and bought one. The American Standard brand toilet requires a special seat and my friend finally bit the bullet and paid around 5K baht for the replacement.

He says the ones for sale now are better made than the originals.

I have 3 in my condo in Bkk and they are around 10 yrs old (originals) but they do seem to appear somewhat brittle over time.

I am treating them very gently!

I was shocked as well when HomePro quoted over 5,000 baht for a replacement for a cracked one. But I finally bit the bullet (as it were) and bought one at American Standard. Yes, they have a a small showroom on the east side of Sukumvit. As I recall it is north of Pattaya Klang (there is a very large sign). They had my model in stock and the replacement seems much better made.

Nevertheless it seemed outrageous to me to pay almost 6,000 baht for a lousy toilet seat. I think my friends got tired of hearing me complain, so I finally just bought one. I doubt if you can get buy with anything but the real thing, but I have been told that is possible to glue the crack.

"American Standard" is the brand name.

Thought 'American Standard' related to specific dimensions? (Big Arse!) :o:D

You learn something new every day!

If the Standard is 5 to 6K Baht, I wonder how much the Deluxe costs??

I suppose it would come fitted with automatic raising and lowering, heating, padding, cupholders, cd changer, book stand and many other features which others might suggest

In UK the main manufacturers are Royal Doulton and Ideal Standard. In the States it is American Standard. Then there are all the weirdly shaped Italian bogs, and some very simple Spanish ones.

The French don't seem to make toilets - maybe just use a hole in the ground?

The Germans just squeeze it out in 'wurst-depositories' and export to Poland.

While the American standard toilet seat is guaranteed to 250 kG, the

Thai pedestal it sits on is only rated up to 150.

Naka.

I see, it is a size / strength issue for our cousins from across the pond.

Nah. It's just that our cousins from across the pond have this strange idea that if it's 'Made in USA' it must be good. I have often tried to persuade American consultants that the current European goods are better than the twenty-five year old US design, but very seldom succeed.

In Aramco toilets they are not only American Standard make, but there is a dispenser alongside that will contain toilet rolls, individual sheets of heavier paper to wipe the seat, plus a piece of paper the size of the seat to place on the seat, so that there is no cross-contamination.

nd I insisted on hand-hoses to wash the bum - and all the Americans complained that this would spread faeces on the seat.

Strange people, our relatives.

Maybe it is this one ?? post-42643-1203508891_thumb.jpg