Bangna Course Advise Required

gisjames

I have a few friends coming over in march for a wedding, and we have a small window for a round of golf. Time is crucial, anyone know of any courses in Bangna area where we can be guaranteed a sub 4 1/2 hour round on a Tuesday afternoon? We can't tee off until midday

Edited by gisjames

Try Muang Kaew. The golf operations is very efficient and you are assured of a 4.5 hour round at all times.

Best Regards,

Mark Siegel

Managing Director

Golfasian Co. Ltd.

+66-(0)2-714-8470

http://www.golfasian.com and http://www.thailandgolfzone.com

The golf experts in Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia!

You sir, to coin a phrase, are either stupid or a liar. I wouldn't ordinarily hit so hard, but that is the silliest and most incorrect summation of that golf course I have ever read, period. You clearly are not the expert you pose as, so I am sure your service is of little use as well.

Whilst it is close to Bangkok, it is also subject to being so close to Bangkok. It is overplayed, poorly managed and marshaled (bit an argument to made about most courses here on the latter) that 6 hour rounds are far too normal.

I have teed off there more than once and had the round take close to six hours or be ended short of completion by darkness. It has both weekday and weekend issues.

To the OP, if you want to play in the area you listed, I would suggest and these courses.

Great courses along BangnaTrad not taking green fees into account? I am only listing courses I have played.

Thai Country Club - closer to Chonburi than Bangkok. A Johnnie Walker caliber course

Subharapruek - Close to Assumption University, but it can also be horribly slow on weekends. However, it is a great course

Green Valley - it can be a bit busy, but its a good course. The biggest drawback for me at least is it is now under the flight path of the new airport at times.

An okay course, some think better of it than I, is Vintage. They just played the Thailand Ladies Open there.

Those are the only ones I have played on BangaTrad route. Whilst Muang Kaew is am okay place, just be clear the summation of it by the 'golf expert' is utter bunk.

Dr. B

Edited by Dr. Burrito