Two Foreigners Found Executed In Thailand

george

And where did you get these "facts" from Laulen???

This information came from a reliable Thai woman in the United Kingdom, who has family at a high level in the Thai Police. Like everything here, you be the judge.

I did use the word 'apparently' several times. We will only know more when there is a Court Case.

It cannot, of course, bring back the dead.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris_Loves_Au you must see a doctor because you probably see ghosts! I lived three years in Thailand and never felt uncomfortable! I think it's ten times more dangerous in Europe or the states and that's between our people!

I'm glad you're not afraid of your fiance(e) :o

Or you can stay at home (maybe much better for you)

I am very much concerned about the violence which happens in the red light districts, especially in Silom Soi 4 and Soi 2, which are known as hangout places for older gay tourists. It was reported by thai "friends" that at the moment gay tourists get very much involved to the druggie scene of the night. Some special thai hookers get their clients in some bars in this area or catch them up by internet chat rooms (very popular www.########.co.uk). Later they wake up in their hotel rooms and all their valuables are gone. Drugs they deliver is "Special K" and "GHB". Quite often police men arrive in the hotel as well and ask for money to avoid an inquiry.

Link drop removed.

/admin

Edited by george

hey... just wanted to add my two cents. I have been reading about thailand for a couple of years and last spring i went there to meet with a lady from russia, who i hope will be my wife in a couple of months. we spent two wonderful weeks in pattaya and koh samet. (she picked the city for it was near utapao where she got a good tourist pkg.) true enough, pattaya was a bit seedy in places but all the new condos and the hard rock cafe indicate it seems to be getting better. we never felt uncomfortable in any way, and with the exception of a couple of cab drivers in bkk, never felt ripped off. we would leave our belongings in the chair at the beach in jomtien while we were in the water and no one bothered anything. (you can't do that in the usa for sure) i felt safer in thailand than in any large city in the usa. i saw very few truly impoverished, no violence, only one auto accident, and a lot of happy dogs on the street.

it seems to me that in a country with the population of thailand, and the meager income of the working class, that thailand has very, very low crime rate in comparison to the usa. i found the thai people to be friendly, warm, and pretty ###### honest. keep in mind i was in pattaya! we didn't do the bar thing, mostly the tourist parks, elephant village, alligator park, nong nooch, little siam, the temples, etc. but we did walk around town a lot, night and day. most of the anglos i saw were europeans, which i liked very much. i was quite pleased to not see many americans. i hope to someday save enough for a condo in jomtien. until the rate of violence in thailand approaches that of the usa, i don't feel uncomfortable there at all. (oh yeah, i am an american... i just hate to see a throng of american tourists whining and nit picking about everything as they do here in the states, no offense)

th_SV400132.jpg

coming to Thailand? buy one of these, protect urself and ur family :D

:o That`s exactly the kind of Cr@p that`s at the source of most of this violence and murders.

Firearms should be made illegal and all the gun waving and toting on Thai television should seriously be banned. I keep seeing kids glued to the TV set watching this s**t... :D

There does seem to be an increase lately of crime against tourists... perhaps running parallel with the slightly increased numbers of tourists. Just imagine what the headlines will be like when tourism hits the 20 million visitors goal (almost double what it is now) established by the government.

Could also possibly be the crackdown on the drug trade. I somehow can't see anyone who wants to get out of the business holding down a 9-5 job in a factory.

I would imagine the price of drugs goes up when there's a clampdown, meaning that the druggie then has to get more money for his fixes. :o

nope english but living in thailand  :o  but h.ell who wants to end up a victim?? maybe if one of the 4 ppl recently executed did have a gun they may still be alive today, albeit in jail but alive  :D  although if the couple at the river kwai had killed the cop then other cops would have executed them, hmmmm maybe guns aint such a good idea...

Nope, not a good idea :D

John Lennon + Gun = Dead

George Harrison + Knife = Survived.

WHAT'S NEW???? A YEAR AGO I & 3 OTHER COMPANIONS (ALL-EXPAT'S) WERE 'HIT/ASSAULTED' BY THE (KNOWN-LOCALLY) SAMURI GANG. i ALONE SURVIVED-ALBEIT WITH A TOTALLY DISFUNCTIONAL/DISABLED LEFT ARM--I'M LEFT HANDED. MY COMPANIONS----GONE. I/WE? WERE SAVED BY THE INTERVENTION OF TOURISTS [3 MEN (USA-CANADIAN-GERMAN) AND 3 FEMALES (USA-FRENCH-THAI)]. 5 DAYS IN A COMA, AND THE 'NOT TO BE UNDERSTOD' SUPRISE OF LIFE. MY ATTORNY/COUNCELOR SEARCHED/INQUIRED & WAS ABLE TO DISCIVER THAT TWO-2- OF THE GANG MEMBERS WERE____YES ARRESTED------ONLY TO HAVE SUBSEQUENTLY RELEASED AFTER THE PARENTS ''CONTRIBUTED'' 1,000,000 BAHT EACH! AND ALL RECORDS---''LOST''???????? ' LOVE THAILAND BUT---

Sorry about that. :o

May I know what had got you involved?

I have an elderly friend who has recently moved to Pattaya, living with his fiance. I worry about him constantly because of the crimes being committed against the foreigners.

I have been to Thailand several times, I feel angry that our pounds, dollars and other western currencies are very welcome but not the tourists. Thailand should decide whether to accept tourism whole heartedly or not, if they decide positively, then its about time they took strong action to protect their tourists, who make a very positive contribution to thai society financially as well as culturally.

misbah

There indeed seems to be a surge in the killing of foreigners.

Sad to say that politics and the media is to blame for it.

I think some farangs give most of us a bad rep at times but it's a dangerous precendent to see a show like the one on thai 3 as it is typical of putting the blame at an external factor instead of looking at the real problems in the country.

Yeah, like in Rambo. Sly Stallone was wasting falangs left and right without a care to the possible impact on tourism revenues.

:o

Yeah, lots of foolish posts in this thread, the one saying Pattaya tourists make a substancial contribution culturally to Thai society is another one.

I really wonder whether it is not the reporting and the attention we pay which has really increased recently? Tourists and farangs have long been victims of all sorts of crimes here, just like everybody everywhere, and with more people visiting one would expect an increase in such crimes.

Having said that, I am also concerned about the noises Thai Rak Thai and some media have been making, but it is still harmless compared to how foreigners are perceived by the public and media elsewhere, in the Uk for example.

Yeah, lots of foolish posts in this thread, the one saying Pattaya tourists make a substancial contribution culturally to Thai society is another one.

Funny how in this thread suddenly 20 newbies pop up with one post to their name spreading garbage.....

Suddenly a lot of experts around.

I don't think crime is worse in thailand then anywhere else. In your own country you also have daily murders, social drama's, suicides ect. You just don't notice them anymore.

This is just noticable because it doesn't happen that often.

There does seem to be an increase lately of crime against tourists... perhaps running parallel with the slightly increased numbers of tourists. Just imagine what the headlines will be like when tourism hits the 20 million visitors goal (almost double what it is now) established by the government.

Could also possibly be the crackdown on the drug trade. I somehow can't see anyone who wants to get out of the business holding down a 9-5 job in a factory.

I would imagine the price of drugs goes up when there's a clampdown, meaning that the druggie then has to get more money for his fixes. :o

The clampdown on drugs resulted in 2500 unexplained, uninvestigated murders of Thai citizens... none were foreigners or tourists.

I really have to weigh in on the non-paranoid side here. Yes there is crime in Thailand and it probably is getting worse than it was, but I still feel safer here than I would in parts of Oakland, San Jose or LA!

Thailand isn't perfect, it isn't perfectly safe, it isn't paradise, but I really don't think that you are in much more danger here than you would be travelling around or living in the US or the UK.

While I live in BKK, I've spent a lot of time up in Sukhothai and Phitsanulok. In the smaller towns people don't see many farangs and I often felt like a movie star who is trying unsuccessfully to be anonymous. :o Most of the people were curious about me, but most were friendly.

I have lived in Thailand for four years both in bkk and pattaya and have never had a problem (touch wood), not to jinx myself :-) ... so I consider it safer than my home country Oz, where there are lots of very violent crimes in all regions against both locals and foreigners. I have also lived five years throughout western europe and four years in the states... where I encountered and heard about alot more problems with foreigners than you do here.

Posting pictures of guns on the forum and declaring that we make a positive impact on their culture is not entirely true. Remember you are always a visitor here regardless of the amount of time you haved lived or have spent here... alot of people forget that, and alot of people come here thinking they can act and treat people the same way they do back at home... with alot of disrespect.

There are foreigners being shot here, but there also a whole bunch more thais being killed everyday in the same way.

As a farrang, it is normal practice to argue and snap back at people when you are confronted. I have seen this happen here in stores over the most minor communication problem with a thai person... why do that? Remember you are the guest and we have to shine with a good image to help the thai people to understand us (farrangs) so we may gain respect from them.

Respect their country, respect their people and their ways and you too should not every have a problem.

Respect their country, respect their people and their ways and you too should not every have a problem.

I agree with the other things you posted, but we can't assume that all the crime on tourists lately is because they were being disrespectful. The type of "ugly American" things you describe has been ever-present, but the attacks definitely seem to be of a recent escalation.

I agree, and for the majority of the visitors that come here and the people (farrangs) that live here, they are respectful.

There has been this recent increase on attacks on farrangs (or heightened awareness anyway), but there has also been a considerable increase in crime altogether, especially in the thai communities themselves, more so than against foreigners.

I can't remember seeing and hearing about so many gold snatches, robberies and shootings four years ago, let alone two years ago. But now they (multiple incidents) are for everyday viewing on the tv news and newspapers.

I am just wondering why? Is this a direct spin-off from the drug crackdown and social order crackdown? (put alot of people out of work and they have more time on their hands). Or is there some other underlying problem that has been long brewing and has just recently exploded?

... this is not to scare people off that were earlier talking about buying condos here... I still feel very safe in Thailand and still consider it a very safe country with the advice in the other post above adhered to.

I retired to Thailand nearly two years ago, visited frequently for nearly four years before. I have travelled extensively in my previous working years. Five years ago I was in San Antonio, Texas - 12 drive by shootings in less than two weeks. I lived in Riyad for many a year - too many bombings, abductions and mindless slaughters in recent years. Thailand seems a very safe country in comparrison. I feel very safe here even if I stand out in a crowd - I'm white and over six feet tall. I feel this is one of the safest countries in the world - notwithstanding the media coverage of some recent murders. Most Thais are very friendly.

th_SV400132.jpg

coming to Thailand? buy one of these, protect urself and ur family  :D

and what would the penalty for a falang carrying a side-arm in Thailand be.....?

Depends if the firearm is legal or not. If it's a black market weapon, you'll lose the weapon unless you can pay for more than it will be resold for. That particular S&W goes for between 36,000 and 45,000 new... but probably only around 15-20k or so 2nd hand/used and abused AND with no papers. So you can expect to at least have to pay a "fine" of 15-20k. Maybe nothing at all if you're connected (which Snapper1/BKK_Barney/Dirty Dog probably isn't). When poor people get caught with illegal weapons, there's sometimes prison time, but even the slightly well to do (falangs included) would more likely get away with a fine.

:o