Luggage/suitcase Repair, Is There Such Here?

sunnitimes

Before I attempt to wrap up my rolling duffel bag (Hartmann) and ship it to Singapore for repair I thought I would ask if there is a luggage repair business here in Chiang Mai. An overly eager, but exceptionally strong, bellboy in Chiang Rai managed to twist the extendable handle to where the plasic connector pieces snapped in two. Very clever but no tip there!

Alternatively, are there repair shops in Bangkok??

Thanks for any help that can be given. :o

BTW, I did do a search, both on this site and a general Google search, prior to asking this question and only came up with one possibility in Bangkok and nothing in Chiang Mai. But I figured there has got to be a repair shop here given the number of tourists that roll through this region. But maybe I am wrong??

We've had a couple of luggage items reasonably-well repaired at a small shop opposite the teachers college on Chotana Rd. Think it's called something like Saneh. There are two shops that do repairs right next to each other - we used the one on the left as you face the shops. No English spoken, as far as I remember.

I always get the people who repair shoes on the side of the street to do it (on Chang Mai Road near Kasem store and Warot Market). Excellent job and amazingly cheap. My expensive Sansomite duffel bag has been broken badly 3 times over 10 years and they fixed it like new! :o