Would You Have Paid For Advise Re Moving?

loubrockbank

Hi All

- first sorry if ive posted this in the wrong place im newish

not sure how to word this correctly so I'll just spit it out :o ...

For those Expats who have moved into thailand, would you have paid for someone to help you? or did you? or as Im guessing was it all ok for you to do alone?

by help i mean a whole range of things like finding schools, immigration, finding property ... i know im probly being a bit stupid posting this on this site as it contians all info needed for a potential expat but u know...a girls gotta ask !

reason im asking is this is what i do for a living to countries in europe for a company but the sods are making us redundant so didnt know whether to branch out myself :D

anyway all thoughts and honest opinions would be fab :D

thanks lou

Hi All

- first sorry if ive posted this in the wrong place im newish

not sure how to word this correctly so I'll just spit it out :o ...

For those Expats who have moved into thailand, would you have paid for someone to help you? or did you? or as Im guessing was it all ok for you to do alone?

by help i mean a whole range of things like finding schools, immigration, finding property ... i know im probly being a bit stupid posting this on this site as it contians all info needed for a potential expat but u know...a girls gotta ask !

reason im asking is this is what i do for a living to countries in europe for a company but the sods are making us redundant so didnt know whether to branch out myself :D

anyway all thoughts and honest opinions would be fab :D

thanks lou

No I wouldn't have paid for relocation assistance.The answers to most questions are readily available on the net.

Could the reason for the redundancies be related to fewer people using such services because they are doing it themselves?

The problem with advice, whatever its source, is that very often the person who asks for advice will only listen to the advice that s/he wants to hear. And will ignore the advice they don't want to hear.

The problem with this is the advice they don't want to hear is often the advice they need to hear.

---

On moving advice and assistance. Whenever we move, including Thailand, we receive the moving assistance and help the OP refers to from my employers. Where we have an existing office this is provided by that office. Where we do not we use agents and relocation advisors - I an all my colleagues find the use of third party advisors unsatisfactory - They inevitably have their own agenda (Well think about it - property rental, school fees - 'bringing clients your way'...!).

The best advice, as has been suggested above is free advice from boots on the ground - Like we mostly get here.

I say mostly, because inevitably there are people on here who give advice mindful of the businesses they are running.