How Much Is Thai Visa Forum Worth?

garro

I tried that "valuation" site & I am afraid it is a little flawed. :o

If your site is a part of another site, it doesn't recognise any value whatsoever.

One of my web-sites is on a public, "your own website" website. Gets 40K hits per month, almost all from target market & is worth about 20,000B per month to me as it has replaced all traditional advertising.

Another web page of mine which is, in reality, just a reserved URL got a value of $10.

Cheers,

Soundman.

You guys are wasitng your time with the web value calculators.

A sites selling worth is 12-18 months of revune.

I understand that TV gets about 4 million page impressions per month, however more than 1/2 of those come from outside US/Eurpoe, so the value is significantly decreased.

Also taking into account that the nature of this forum means that most visitors will just blindly ignore ads (I know that Throughtout the years I have racked up 10,000+ impressions and never clicked on anything)

therefore just a wild guess in the air, I would estimate an EPM (earnings per thousand impressions) at approx $3.00-$5.00 which would make the monthy revenue approximently $15,000-$20,000.

Take the middle of this (17.5k) monthly revuenue and times by 16 to be generous and we have an estimated worth and fair sale price of $280,000

But these numbers may be off without accurate EPM numbers. If somebody can provide these numbers, I can do a more accurate calculation.

Plus they make cash from the hotel booking affiliate program, the regular paid-up sponsors (i.e. not just the Google-ad fodder) plus the other peripheral services - car rental, insurance, flights, etc. If those are counted towards the value of the site then that should increase it a bit.

My company in Thailand is one of the largest Western-owned and managed advertising & marketing companies. Thaivisa.com is one of the largest portals into Thailand for specific information on timely topics of interest to Expats living in or frequenting Thailand. With the Google Ad Words, hotel bookings and banner ad sales, etc. it COULD be worth upwards of 10 million+ Baht as"invalidusername" (I would like to know who he is becuase he makes a lot of sense) commented so correctly in pricing this site with the limited info he had available. George has done an excellent job of building Thaivisa.com into a powerful player on the internet. If he were ever to sell it, a fresh approach to a time-tested site like this could yield the investors substantial returns.

My company in Thailand is one of the largest Western-owned and managed advertising & marketing companies. Thaivisa.com is one of the largest portals into Thailand for specific information on timely topics of interest to Expats living in or frequenting Thailand. With the Google Ad Words, hotel bookings and banner ad sales, etc. it COULD be worth upwards of 10 million+ Baht as"invalidusername" (I would like to know who he is becuase he makes a lot of sense) commented so correctly in pricing this site with the limited info he had available. George has done an excellent job of building Thaivisa.com into a powerful player on the internet. If he were ever to sell it, a fresh approach to a time-tested site like this could yield the investors substantial returns.

on a related note, there are many things the TV staff could do to increase revuene. These would inlude optimizing adsense placement and joining a few CPA networks and placing relavant ads. This could be done in conjuction with OpenAds and IP targeting. I can see that Widgetbucks is at the bottom and that is a good start, however that is only effective for US IP's. Through I am not sure if TV is placing that or simply letting out the space. There are also much more effective ads that would be more targeted than this.

Essentially I would recommend to still use Adsense to a certain degree, however most of the people who are advertising on adsense are actaully just affiliates for advertiseing other peoples promotions. If you know how to find and join these promotions, TV can cut out the middleman and increase rev with increased targeting.

I would give some consulting of specfic methods if the TV staff is intrested for the price of using my affiliate link to join the programs I recommend.

I'm flipping websites so here comes the answer.

For a community like this here that is strong and has many members multiply the monthly earning by 24 for two years.

The site will make about 10 - 20.000 USD a month is what I guess so you we talk about roughly 350.000 USD.

www.microsoft.com is allegedly worth $317,942,149

www.google.com is allegedly worth $2,780,584,200

My personal website is worth $154.

Peter

It said $336 for peter991.com when I just checked. You owe me $182. :o