Getting Rid Of Lizards

spog

• 2 years later...

A "tookair" (large lizard which makes a loud noise overy so often at night) has taken up residence in the wooden panelling just behind my bed and is making a good night's sleep difficult. Banging on the panelling doesn't help. I have 3 cats but they can't get in the wall space.

Any ideas about displacing it humanely (eg spray? Electric signal emitter?), or as a last resort, some kind of poison?

It is very eay and simple to get rid of most the crawling insects and small lizards in your home in a totally non-toxic manner. Buy what they call 'glue traps' which they sell to catch mice and put them along your baseboard. I have used them with phenominal success at my home in Hawaii but have not shopped to see if you can get these simple and inexpensive traps in Thailand but I would guess that they would be available. These traps do not discriminate between the good and the bad so they will catch geckos along with the roaches, millipedes, centipedes, etc. I personally hate to kill geckos but also hate to clean up gecko sh*t so I guess in my case , I justify the good dying with bad. Hope this info will help you.

There can be no half measures with these reptile terrorists. I prefer to blanket-bomb them and use defoliant to denude their natural food sources, before committing ground forces on a search & destroy sweep. Occasionally collateral damage occurs, like when I accidentally killed the maid and her family with a frag grenade, during a nighttime op. Sh#t happens.

My nice little apartment occasionally gets visits from those lovely little lizards that you see all over the place.

I want them out. There's a small one in my wardrobe right now. He hides in the cracks between the panels when I try and chase him out.

count your blessings mate! what if he'd hide in another "crack"? i'm sure you wouldn't like that :o

A "tookair" (large lizard which makes a loud noise overy so often at night) has taken up residence in the wooden panelling just behind my bed and is making a good night's sleep difficult. Banging on the panelling doesn't help. I have 3 cats but they can't get in the wall space.
:o (sorry !)

I am sure that someone here will come up with a solution.

count your blessings mate! what if he'd hide in another "crack"? i'm sure you wouldn't like that

Someone with an interesting mind such as this :D:D !