Non imm visa- asia or us?

I'm from the US and have a tourist visa now. I want to get a non-im visa especially since the new rule only allowing you 6 consecutive tourist visas. I have relatives in the US who have gotten a non im visa (not sure what type) for three years in a row simply by walking into the consulate and asking. No documentation backing up the need. Just pay the fee and be on your way.

I have heard that its not so easy in neighbouring countries and that they will want to see the proper documentation.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it really so easy to get the non-im visa without any documentation in the US? Is it more difficult or impossible in Asia? Thanks.

Denver. LA too. Its not even Thais working there, atleast who you talk with. And in about 20 minutes you have your non-im visa. I too have heard that in the US, Europe and Aus, its relatively easy to get with no documentation. But in Asia apparently they know the rules?

I may have remembered incorrectly. However, I am 100% sure that for three years in a row, many friends of mine have been granted Non Im visas (not sure what type) at the Denver consualte. This was with no documentation or anything. Just fill in the form and pay the money and wait 20 minutes....

I just got my tourist visa double entry from th LA consul. hey go strictly by the rules. I will be getting married in thailand next month, and will be living in Pattaya. I asked about non immigrant O, and they said apply in Thailand after i get married.

I know you can 'walk in' to any number of a few dozen consulates in the US and apply. Does anyone know if you can send the app to these same small consulates? If you look at the LA Thai Consulsate web site, they divide up the country into three groups and say to send it to either LA, NY or DC. I'm sure all three go strictly by the rules and from what I hear, the smaller consulates do not.

Your absolutely correct Bob, they have the country devided into sections, and if your home address in the US is in the southwestern united states you must go thru the LA consul.

What type of O visa are you trying to get. O just stands for other, and covers many categories.

Hi Hukster,

Just want a visa that keeps me here longer so I don't have to do so many visa runs. You might be interested, I contacted a number of consualtes in the US (I won't say which ones here) and gave them this story. I will be flying from state x to visit friends in your state y before flying out to thailand, can i send my passport to you and have you forward it on to my friend so that it is all ready when I arrive? Response: No problem. So if you are creative, it seems you can apply at any consulate you choose, assuming you have friends in that state.