All Bars Closed Today, Tomorrow And The Next Day

mobs00

Thanks Thailand for driving the tourists away yet again. All bars will be closed Thursday for a Buddhist holiday; which is good. But they will also all be closed Friday and Saturday for an election we can not vote in, again. And they will be closed on March 1st for another election.

This info comes from local Chiang Mai sources so if any other members have some info please add it here.

I personally hate to see the local farang forget to vote because they were out on the piss the night before.

Edited by mobs00

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just reading another thread and I guess there is a cricket tournament this weekend. This ban is not good for those guys. I wonder when a major tournament/festival/tourist relatated event is going to clash with these bans. Cricket Sixes? What would happen then? I only got my notice on Tuessday evening and I was told to close the doors for this weekend. Are these things planned in advance? Seems like we are always finding out in short notice.

Thanks Thailand for driving the tourists away yet again.

:o

But they will also all be closed Friday and Saturday for an election we can not vote in, again.

:D

And they will be closed on March 1st for another election.

someone give this guy a tissue...

Thanks Thailand for driving the tourists away yet again.

:o

Good. Too many tourists to start with.

But they will also all be closed Friday and Saturday for an election we can not vote in, again.

Even better. Keep you sinners on the path to righteousness.

And they will be closed on March 1st for another election.

Wonderful. I'm not there to listen to MobsOO cry his eyes out.

someone give this guy a tissue...

Nice one Lobin. I love your sense of sympathy.

Edited by Blinky Bill

if there is a major tournament the bars still close. In 2006 the corld cup coincided with the Kings birthday/jubilee (can't remember which now!) and a special tribute show, which was on all channels every night meant that many people missed a lot of world cup football - much nashing and moaning on certain subforums here.

BTW, how can you possibly describe the cricket sixes as a major tournament? What is cricket sixes - when as many as 6 people watch cricket? :o

Edited by The Dan Sai Kid

Thanks Thailand for driving the tourists away yet again. All bars will be closed Thursday for a Buddhist holiday; which is good. But they will also all be closed Friday and Saturday for an election we can not vote in, again. And they will be closed on March 1st for another election.

This info comes from local Chiang Mai sources so if any other members have some info please add it here.

I personally hate to see the local farang forget to vote because they were out on the piss the night before.

I agree Mobs this is not the solution to the problem of getting Thais to the voting halls. Anyone including me can just call in at the local Mom and Pop shop and buy as much alcohol at they want and then drink it at home (result hangover the next day maybe miss the voting). I am sure that many Thais will be doing this today and for the following 3 days.

I have to say that i would be really pissed of if i had just spent my hard earned cash on a holiday in a country where i could not relax and have a drink. This ruling only affects local and tourist Farang!

Cheers, Rick

The power that be, when will they learn, in my experience in the land of smiles and other countries those who choose to drink will find away Buddhist holiday/election or not, on the UPSIDE it does help the mom and pop shop and put a little dent in the profits of Tesco Lotus, Big C, Marko, 7/11 and other.

I am very sad to hear about your 3/4 days of alcohol "mai kin dai" in CM bars/rest. :D

But to cheer you up :D ,......you are all welcome down to my (wife's place), cause I don't think the rules are inforced here in Ubon "down under" :D:o

Slight thread drift here but.......does anyone else find that they actually drink more when these silly bans are on? Maybe it's just my stubborn nature, but I always find myself saying "no <deleted> government is telling me when I can and can't have a drink" and having a few extra to re-enforce the point.

Further to this, I am looking to escape from my family for a few hours tomorrow night. :D Does anybody know if Spotlight Bar is open. I know the last time I was in there several years ago, their Football coverage was excellent :o

Spotlight was certainly open last night ... (caught a glimpse from my tuk tuk as we drove past :D )

Went to a Thai restaurant tonight...no alcohol.

My 23 year old neice arrives tomorrow, really looking forward to her holiday after a messy divorce...sorry you can't have a drink on your holiday till Monday...<deleted>

This sucks big time...if anybody can tell me where she and her girlfreinds can go and get a drink on Sunday I would be delighted to know

My 23 year old neice arrives tomorrow, really looking forward to her holiday after a messy divorce...sorry you can't have a drink on your holiday till Monday...<deleted>

This sucks big time...if anybody can tell me where she and her girlfreinds can go and get a drink on Sunday I would be delighted to know

Most bars will be selling on Sunday after 6pm. I know one that will.

Edited by KevinHUNT

Slight thread drift here but.......does anyone else find that they actually drink more when these silly bans are on? Maybe it's just my stubborn nature, but I always find myself saying "no <deleted> government is telling me when I can and can't have a drink" and having a few extra to re-enforce the point.

No.

Thats good then :o

Which one?

Thats good then :D

Which one?

Think this could be The Red Lion :o

I think you will find that most if not all bars will open after about 5pm (poll closing time) and looking for customers. I know that the Number 1, Tuskers, and Guitarman will be open. From the above post from KevinHunt indicates that the Red Lion will also be open.

Enjoy

CB