Where Is An Lpg Car Conversion Company In Pattaya

Jimmyd

Thanks for both replies. Any other info welcomed of course. :o

really, whats this then? http://gofastpattaya.com/lpg_gas.htm

Sorry, timekeeper. I noticed that page only after I posted--then I edited my post. I have 'noscript' running on firefox, and the lpg_gas page was not visible. I thought I corrected my mistake quickly, but apparently not quickly enough.

I need a certificate to prove that the LPG system in my car is still ok before I can register it--does anyone know of any LPG conversion places in the Pattaya area? Thanks in advance.
There is a big one on sukonvit .going towards sattahip go past thepasit, on the right past lotus tesco there is a garage called SO i think it is, he specilaises and did a doctor friend of mines vigo, hes pleased,.

Khun Sukport has now retired. He had a few stories to tell what a decent bloke. He used to fix trucks for the US Military been working so long.

Graham is still running the show though his office number is 038 727 294.

i sincerely hope he has a peaceful, long and happy retirement, he is a great guy.

i have known him since he was service manager at Mercedes on Sukhumvit, over 7 years ago.

he was the only person that did not bullshit and you could rely on to tell it like it is.

he has some great stories of life on the US base at Utapao and his time with the US forces in USA.

he is by far the most personable Thai man i have ever met.

enjoy life man!

Driving from Naklua towards North Pattaya you have two fuel stations right next to each other (about 1 km before Mini Siam). The first is a JET (yellow sign), the second has a Thai sign only, they sell LPG and there is a shop attached to it doing the conversions. Top notch installations, includes all the paperwork.

Not sure they can help you out if they didn't do the installation though...

• 3 months later...
Driving from Naklua towards North Pattaya you have two fuel stations right next to each other (about 1 km before Mini Siam). The first is a JET (yellow sign), the second has a Thai sign only, they sell LPG and there is a shop attached to it doing the conversions. Top notch installations, includes all the paperwork.

Not sure they can help you out if they didn't do the installation though...

Hi, I live in Amata Chonburi and is interested in this shop north of Pataya. Does anyone know the phone number of this shop? Tks.

Also, is there really an issue with insurance company for LPG cars? Tks.

Don't have the phone number handy at the moment...

AIG does not insure when converted to gas.

I managed to get a letter from them stating that they will cover until my term expires, but after that they will not renew...

I managed to get a letter from them stating that they will cover until my term expires, but after that they will not renew...

There is an article in todays Bangkok post stating that 70 or so insurance companies will now cover gas converted vehicles in a bid to further promote the use of gas.

There is an article in todays Bangkok post stating that 70 or so insurance companies will now cover gas converted vehicles in a bid to further promote the use of gas.

The article only states that the insurance companies will include the gas installation and danmage caused to the vehicle by the gas installation into their coverage.

These insurance companies are already insuring gas powered cars.

Only for NGV as well, not LPG!

So not that much change...

Hi Mr. Monty. If it's not too much trouble, if you can stop by the shop at your convenience and ask the phone number for me? It will be greatly appreciated. Or if you can have the name of the shop, maybe I can find their number with 1331. Either way, your help is appreciated.

I have spoke (actually my wife did) to my insurance company LMG. The sales told me that if we want our gas system being covered, we will need to report to them our installation fee and they will charge some amount on top of your coverage. The idea is they will charge a percentage of the installation fee, so in case of accident, they will fix your car back to what it was before (with gas installation). This is in case of a crash. As for the damaged to the original factory system cause by the installation of LPG or NGV, they will not cover.

Read a few thread about LPG and NGV installation. Some people mentioned that they afraid that there is no government regulation on the LPG installation standard. And there are also people complaining that shops might cut corners or provide you parts that who knows comes from where. Yesterday I came across a Nisson dealer who also install NGV and LPG for all brands of cars. They have a show case to show you exactly what parts they use with brand name print on them and certificates (All parts are from Italy, there are 3 brands mixed. The tank is from Thailand with government certification). I haven't yet see a shop outside that show you detail like that and it really give you a peace of mind to have installation done there. But the price is not cheap though, for a 4 cylinder runs 50,500. If want to upgrade the tank size adds 1000 for one size upgrade, there are total of 3 sizes available. Their NGV installation is 60K, parts I did not see, but was told from Italy as well, the tank is from PTT.

I know the market price for LPG installation outside now is around 40K (or 43K for italy parts), to install at Nisson dealer is certainly more expensive then done outside. Does anyone feel it's worth the extra money to have the job done there? Please share your opinion. I know there are also high quality shop outside through the word of mouth from you guys (the shop in north pattya mention by Monty for example), so it's really a hard decision for me. I think the dealer will not cut corner as private shop do (the chance is less), but I do not hear people's car blow up every day due to installation from other shops either. What do you guys think?

NGV however, is the same price as outside at 60K. So if anyone would like to install NGV, I highly recommand to install there. This dealer is located on Sinakarin road. If you comes from Bangna-Trad (Novotel Bangna) goes towards Seacon Square, after you pass Seacon, it's about 1Km driving and the it will be on your right hand side. (If you reach intersection for of Jusco, you have gone too far).

The waiting time is more then one month. I was told if I put down deposite today I can have my car installed in August. The installation take about 5 days. Warranty 1 year (safty valve on the tank is 2 years).

Hope these info will be useful to someone. Cheers

Kevin

I wonder how long it will be before the Thai Government realises what a huge income loss they are making by not taxing LPG to the same extent as petrol and diesel? Is it true that the gas is imported into Thailand?

Actually the Thai government is subsidizing LPG to a very big extend!

The main reason is that virtually the whole nation cooks on LPG, raising the price of LPG would hurt the poor man buying 15 kg tanks to cook for his family.

LPG is an oil product, so is imported.

NGV is natural gas, of which Thailand has a big domestic supply, hence they try to promote it heavily.