Coming In On A One Way Ticket.

VTR1000

Whenever I go back to the homeland, it's always on a return ticket back to BKK. I have 2 teachers coming from the States soon and they both have one way tickets. They already have letters confirming their positions etc.

Will they have any problems?

Thnx

Whenever I go back to the homeland, it's always on a return ticket back to BKK. I have 2 teachers coming from the States soon and they both have one way tickets. They already have letters confirming their positions etc.

Thnx

it will be a problem if they do not have visa's. The airlines will not carry them.

For peace of mind you could just buy a cheap Air Asia or Nok Air ticket out of Thailand (e.g. to Phnom Penh, Penang or another nearby destination). This will satisfy the onward travel requirement.

Not any more. They've wised up to this trick.

Immigration (ergo: the airlines) now require an onward ticket OUTSIDE OF ADJOINING COUNTRIES. Possibly a ticket to Singapore or Indonesia might work. Check several other recent ThaiVisa threads where there's been a lot of discussion recently about this.

Edited by toptuan

Thnx

If the teachers have letters confirming their positions, why don't they apply for a non-Immigrant B visa before they leave the States? Then your "one way ticket" problems are over.

For peace of mind you could just buy a cheap Air Asia or Nok Air ticket out of Thailand (e.g. to Phnom Penh, Penang or another nearby destination). This will satisfy the onward travel requirement.

Immigration (ergo: the airlines) now require an onward ticket OUTSIDE OF ADJOINING COUNTRIES. Possibly a ticket to Singapore or Indonesia might work. Check several other recent ThaiVisa threads where there's been a lot of discussion recently about this.

Are you sure about this, as the 30 day runners on my last border trip simply had to buy a 200 baht bus ticket to Cambo dated 30 days in advance, that was about a month ago.

Are you sure about this, as the 30 day runners on my last border trip simply had to buy a 200 baht bus ticket to Cambo dated 30 days in advance, that was about a month ago.

The regs are applied unevenly. Depends on the airline, depends on the immigration officer. However, the above was the official announcement.

This was only at certain land borders, or when applying for a tourist visa in Penang, wasn't it?

Thnx

If the teachers have letters confirming their positions, why don't they apply for a non-Immigrant B visa before they leave the States? Then your "one way ticket" problems are over.

That might be too easy. One wonders whether they have current national police clearances as well.

If you have the non-immigrant B visa, there should be no problem. If not, they should simply get the visa on arrival. I am afraid things could get complicated if they show some sort of intent to work and don't have a non-immigrant visa.

Others seem to be more up on what is happening with this because to date, I've not heard of anyone having a problem with the one-way ticket, so I may be out of the loop on this.