Skytrain,bts,bangkok Rail?

actiondell4

Mostly i go to Pattaya on my holidays and havent been to Bangkok for quite a while,however this trip i am going back to Bangkok.

I am a train/railway buff and i want to go back to see the skytrain again,however can anyone tell me the difference between skytrain and the BTS?

Are they different owners? Also does Bangkok have a Government railway service and where is the Govt Central railway station?,if there is one?

Mostly i go to Pattaya on my holidays and havent been to Bangkok for quite a while,however this trip i am going back to Bangkok.

I am a train/railway buff and i want to go back to see the skytrain again,however can anyone tell me the difference between skytrain and the BTS?

Are they different owners? Also does Bangkok have a Government railway service and where is the Govt Central railway station?,if there is one?

The BTS is the skytrain, "Skytrain" is a nickname. MRT is the underground. SRT (State Railway of Thailand) is the government railway system. Hualamphong station is their main station in BKK. You can get to it at the end of the underground. Here are their links:

MRT - Underground

BTS - Skytrain (website not working!)

SRT - State Railway of Thailand

Hope that helps.

Edited by grtaylor

Skytrain and BTS is one and the same thing.

Hua Lamphong is the State Railway of Thailand main station. There are others around Bangkok but to me this is the main one. The SRT HQ is up the road from this station.

Don't forget the underground too. Get a mix of them all and you shuld have a good time.

Example get a SRT train from Hua Lamphong to Bang Sue Junction station and you can get the underground back.

Enjoy your visit.

• 3 years later...