Bangkok Post On-line Version

grahamhc

It is normal practice to insert a Hyerlink (Where the subject is underlined and a quick jump to an explanation pop-up box or different page) to help the reader understand a word that they may not, but let the knowledgable carry on reading.

Bangkok Post online edition has broken with this tradition and instead brings up "Adverts" . In today's "Edition", the word Senate is underlined, so one would expect a link explaining about about the Thai Senate. But instead it goes to "Shopping dot com" where you can get "Find, Compare and Buy" Are they saying that the senate is for sale now???

Under Malayasian General Election, the hyertext window tells you "Dealtime" can get you the deal you want. I thought that Malayasia had cured corruption.

It may also be fraudulent, as the website gets "Pay per Clicks" revenue, as the reader is not clicking to read the advert, but to get information that he is denied. I understand that the Bangkok Post website is outsourced, so do not blame the newspaper themselves, but the people they trusted to maintain their high reputation.

Now I read The Nation on " nationmultimedia dot com ", as theirs is news and no instusive marketing under the guise of "Help for the readers"