Working In Kasikorn Bank - Where To Live?

speedyr6

Hi

I'm going to be working in Kasikorn bank headquarters just over the river (via Saphan Kwaen bridge i think) in south bangkok. I need to find the best place to stay. I'd like to stay close the city and its nightlife but not too far to commute into work each day. Any ideas? I'm only after somewhere reasonably cheap for Mon-Fri as i'll be living outside bangkok at weekends so either a hotel or serviced apartment would be cool. I was thinking somewhere around Sathorn road seems ok but give me some more ideas guys!!

thanks

ron

Ascot Sathon, Somerset Suanplu, Lots of places on Naratiwat 24 which is handy to KBank, Shangrila Hotel's Apartments on the river, a bunch of CentrePoint apartments that are handy etc....

Lots of smaller cheaper options around too..best to beat the pavement and have a nosey around 1 weekend

You must know these guys then : http://www.progresssoftware.co.th/

:o

Edited by kiakaha

Hi

I'm going to be working in Kasikorn bank headquarters just over the river (via Saphan Kwaen bridge i think) in south bangkok. I need to find the best place to stay. I'd like to stay close the city and its nightlife but not too far to commute into work each day. Any ideas? I'm only after somewhere reasonably cheap for Mon-Fri as i'll be living outside bangkok at weekends so either a hotel or serviced apartment would be cool. I was thinking somewhere around Sathorn road seems ok but give me some more ideas guys!!

thanks

ron

Go and live here. You will be able to see your office from the balcony!

http://www.tittower.com/

Hi

thanks

ron

Someone's already mentioned Soi Naradhiwas 24 - on which there's Oakwood serviced apartments or Bangkok Garden. The latter are regular apartments but has the advantage that you can rent direct from the property company not via a private landlord, so maintenance is reliable, and they will arrange cleaners etc for you. Both are really nice developments and there's plenty going on in that soi - 7/11's, restaurants, noodle carts, whatever's your thing. My family and I stayed at BKK Garden for 2 years and we liked it a lot. If you're on your own maybe Oakwood might suit better. That soi is a v. convenient location for getting to K-Bank just over the Rama IX bridge.

CC

Edit: as Kiakaha suggested, neither of these are budget options, and agree there are plenty of cheaper private choices to found if you nose around locally - we now rent a small but well maintained place on Soi Sathupradit 31 for just under Bt 10k / month - perfect for weekend jaunts from Singapore! Good luck at K-Bank ... I like that area

Edited by Captain Chaos