Moto Gp 125cc

Lickey

This was overheard in BKK sponsers shop, a pep talk for Willarot, and hints for this seasons WC 125cc,

Now, Rat, please listen!!

1 A damp track means intermediate tryes, not an intermediate umbrella!

2 Turn your mobile off when racing!

3 Make sure your dog doesent want to stop for a pee!!

4 And put your sidestand up. or the first lefthander will highside you!

5And try to go the same way as the other traffic!

Did anybody hear anymore?

PS, he done well in his rookie season, 14th i think, good luck to him this year, Lickey,

Ratthapark Wilairot rides for Team Thai Honda PTT-SAG, which is a official Honda sponsored racing team. And for a rookie rider finishing last year 250cc Grand Prix on the 17th place is pretty good.

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/Ra...ur-at-Malaysian

Yeah, I agree - but has he moved down to 125's for 2008? Seems like a bit of a backward step but if they have some form of works backing, maybe not... Should be fun watching him and the 30 other loons on 125's banging fairings anyway!

Nope this year season 2008 he starts same outfit and same engine class (he had a WSB Superbike offer but did not went for that) So another year in 250GP for our fastest Thai. Honda doesn't race in the 125cc GP class

By the way people who joke about a 250cc GP bike, think before you speak. This bikes have more power (+90 hp) then you probably have in your machine.

For the "Helmet in the basket", the helmet he is wearing is cost more then any bike I know which has a front basket

http://world.honda.com/MotoGP/

Edited by Richard-BKK

Nope this year season 2008 he starts same outfit and same engine class (he had a WSB Superbike offer but did not went for that) So another year in 250GP for our fastest Thai. Honda doesn't race in the 125cc GP class

By the way people who joke about a 250cc GP bike, think before you speak. This bikes have more power then you probably have in your machine.

For the "Helmet in the basket", the helmet he is wearing is cost more then any bike I know which has a front basket

http://world.honda.com/MotoGP/

Excellent - 250's are probably my favourite racing class - more power than the 125's but not so much that there can't be a bit more argey-bargey than we tend to see in MGP these days (it's all good though)

Just a shame that there aren't (m)any 250cc strokers out there on the road these days (sigh) ... suppose the factories see the R&D cost for 250cc GP bikes as a bit of a dead end hence more seems to be more focus on getting younger riders onto 600cc production classes ...

CC

The whole situation of the 250cc on the road is likely going to change soon in Thailand. As the Thai government is changing its policy to meet the ASEAN members standard of max 250cc engines.

If we look around in neighboring countries we can see much more 250cc motorcycles driving around.

For Grand Prix season 2008 will be a very interesting year, the master class of MotoGP is changed from 990cc to 800cc and the 250cc class got more power on bikes that weight almost nothing...

Edited by Richard-BKK

Sorry posters, Willarot was and is in the 250 class this year, so perhaps i was a bit be-fuddled last night? chang light does get the better of my memory sometimes!! but good luck to him for this seasons opener in Qatar, should be well prepared for the 1st ever floodlite night time GP!!, 9/3/08..

Richard BKK, good site but slighty mis-leading, 800cc was introduced last year, have a look at this site, its got all the info anybody could want,[perhaps i should have looked last night,DOH] http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/motogp_about.htm?menu=about Cheers, Lickey..

Agree 800cc was introduced late in the last year season, but still this ruling is a season 2008 rule, and this season will be the season that everybody rides a 800cc. Also the 800cc machines you saw at the end of last season are not the same machines you will see 9 march at the start of the new MotoGP season. For example Kawasaki changed there bike twice and Yamaha R&D work overtime during the winter stop to give Valentino Rossi the power back he needs (hard to say how many time Yamaha changed the engine design)