Why No Console Game Center?

Hi everyone, I'm writing this because from my last 2 visits in Thailand, I have never seen any game center that focus on consoles instead of pc. Why is that, I'm sure a game center with some ps3, Xbox 360 or Nintendo Wii could be popular with all those kids playing games all the time. I know there are arcades around the shopping malls, but consoles are better in my opinion and you have 4 player games, so that lets you have more people playing at same time. I'm sure some tourists like me that miss video games would go play some games there if some were open.

Anyways, just to have your thoughts on why there is no proliferation of console game center like there is with Internet cafe. Opening a game center would be cheaper than a internet cafe, well if it's a Wii game center, maybe not Ps3, and could bring more revenue since you can have more than 1 player on a console.

Maybe I'm way off on this one, but I'm pretty sure a console game center would work well.

Think return on investment. What does a cosole cost? Popular games?

Now compare that with the cost of a PC and and games purchased in Thailand. Will the kids pay more for console gaming? I don't think so here.

There are a couple of places in Tukcom in Pattaya that offer console games, but not as popular as the suburban game shop come internet cafe.

Hi everyone, I'm writing this because from my last 2 visits in Thailand, I have never seen any game center that focus on consoles instead of pc.

could bring more revenue since you can have more than 1 player on a console.

Maybe I'm way off on this one, but I'm pretty sure a console game center would work well.

My opinion:

Most of the world there are more focus on PC, not in Thailand only. As the hardware also have more than game function, it is better buy for the not that rich families who can afford. To really enjoy console, you need a good (HD lately?) LCD TV too...

Also, Panthip just got wider selecton of softwares to choose on PCs.

I am not sure of pricing, but I think it doesnt make difference if 1 or 2 person playing on ONE console.

If you pretty sure in the idea, there is one way to go: OPEN a shop, as you say ( and maybe for a reason?) there isnt a huge compatition in console shops.

Well most Internet cafe are 20 to 30 baht per hour, but if you have a console that has 2 people playing at 20 to 30 baht per hour, you double the amount of money you can make. A pc is limited to 1 person, while a console you can have 4 players. Sure you got to buy the tv, games, controllers, consoles, but buying a gaming pc is pretty expensive and after a few years your pc is too old for the new games, unless you upgrade which means more money to put.

The console you just got to buy new games and they are usually on the market for 5-6 years. It also depends with the console, the Wii doesn't need Hd tv, while its better to have that for Ps3 or Xbox 360.

Maybe thais are just not that much into shooter games like halo or Nintendo games, I dont know, if they are mostly into those online rpg, then it would make sense that there are not much console game center.

Only way to find out would be to try to open a console game center.