Visa Run to Hat Yai - Padang Besar

Could someone pls refresh my memory? it has been more than a few years since I've done a visa run in something like this manner:

I recall picking up mini bus to Pedang Pesar on Th Nipatutit 1 in HY (?). What is the signage it's so darn confusing in teh HY streets. Just look for the buses?

Price is/was b20-50?

Bus drops within sight of border

Cross through Thai immigration

Go over bridge

Pass by dodgy taxi/moto service, walk another 300m -fuzzy

Grab moto for b20 to border -fuzzy

Get dropped off at border (where do I get processed? I am sure I'll see)

Through immigration 20-60 minutes

Walk a ways to the bus stop back to town (cheap b6-10)

Look for minibus (often wait, wait till it fills up)

Tax is how much?

Train arrives in a.m. but as I recal is always hours late -I (shouldn't have) bought a return for about 15:45 -so I may be hustling. Luckily it's low season.

I have heard tehre are some very dodgy services run that do the whole thing while you sit in the van/bus. Extort money/hold passports. Comments/Names??

Thank you kindly

I use different ways getting to and from Hat Yai, sometime tour bus, plane, train, van etc. But from Hat Yai I always get the bus from the Clock Tower market. Takes about 45 mins and was 17baht last time I went. Drops you off right outside immigration and for the return to HY, just stand on the main road.

Last time I got the train back I was given the runaround by the station staff. Wanting to know which platform my train would be arriving at, I was told a certain platform, ask someone else and I was told something different. Asking several times resulted in differing answers every time. Best just to check each train as they come in from the south.

Last time I got the train back I was given the runaround by the station staff. Wanting to know which platform my train would be arriving at, I was told a certain platform, ask someone else and I was told something different

It has been many years since I used the train but they always had a board just outside the main entrance with trains/platforms listed in those days. Checked that and walked north to buy some chicken/sticky rice from the venders.