I Am So Happy!

AlexLah

Thanks to you all for the kind replies!

And Rob what bike did you purchase?

One of the funkiest bikes I had once was a Yammie RD 350 LC (two stroke) tuned and race exhaust. Another great bike I had was an XT600, great fore making wheelies.

For driving safe, yes I always drive very defensive and only do short sprints on a good clear and straight piece of road.

My first year here in Thailand I managed to get involved in two minor accidents, one car that cut me and brushed my bumper and a motosai that

crashed in the left side of my Altis, both not my fault.

Next week I am taking the Bimmer for a trip to the NE, good to find out fuel economy and to see if this car not make me as tired and feel cramped like when using the Altis, I am a bit too tall for the Altis I think as it always caused my legs, back and feet to hurt after more then a 2 hour drive.

Oh and by the way I was lucky today in the Thai lottery, ha ha!

Peace all!

Alex

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice ride indeed!!

A friend of mine buys 2nd hand BMWs from Singapore and sells them to dealers in NZ.

The prices he picks them up for would be about a 1/5 of what you paid.

But I guess thats part of the deal for living here.

Strange indeed when Singapore is about, if not the most expensive place in the world to own a car.

nice ride indeed!!

A friend of mine buys 2nd hand BMWs from Singapore and sells them to dealers in NZ.

The prices he picks them up for would be about a 1/5 of what you paid.

But I guess thats part of the deal for living here.

Strange indeed when Singapore is about, if not the most expensive place in the world to own a car.

Singapore is the second largest exporter of used cars in the world, Singapore cars can go direct to NZ without any modification.

Wow, Sorry for asking.... but you got this car for 1.6 million Baht and you live in Thailand?

If so, I think that was a good deal.

I had the E36 M3 & absolutely loved it. I drove a 330 and thought that the 330 would be more of what I guy of my age should drive. (30+ married with a kid) The 330 felt solid, had a good amount of kick to it, but did not beg to be spanked. Where as the M3 takes a flogging and asks for more. So to me the 330 inspired a more safer driveing style.... like I said, more appropriate for my age.

That said, I am sure the 330 has a lot of up-grades on the market. Things like a Cold Air Intake, a new chip etc. Easyily done, and you will feel a difference & hear a difference.

If you go crazy, toss a turbo on that bad boy, but be careful, you may just swallow you tongue on accident when you hit the pedal.

I am delighted that you are so happy. And especially with your new car ...new to you!

It is a refreshing change to read a topic that is about positive feelings.

Of late in my local forum its all doom and gloom, complaints about this and that not much happiness around I'm sad to say.

Thank you very much. You have cheared me up no end.

begs

Hi Begsa. You can call me Flato.

Good point. Enthusing in public about performance cars like this risks being categorised with those smokers who are rebelling against the new non-smoking-even-in-outside-areas-of-restaurants law!

Come on everyone! Let's celebrate driving fast and WELL AND SAFE!!

What do you call that great BM colour please? Ice blue? Luvvvvverleeeeee!

Make sure you have some soft compound tyres and as another M-thusiast said here, watch that back end in the wet or it'll be coming past yer!!

The feeling of sheer quality in the steering, gearchange and handling of a BMW is matched in my view only by SOME Porsches. And I've had both in Europe.

But in the wet, the back ends of both DO shimmy like my sister Kate!!

…Come on everyone! Let's celebrate driving fast and WELL AND SAFE!!...

Having a car with fast acceleration – and power for a possible top speed of over 240 km/h – does not necessarily mean having to drive over the legal speed limit. It helps to overtake faster and in certain situations more safely than one could with another car, for example. I, for one, can fully understand Alex’s happiness with his BMW and I wish him years and years of great enjoyment and satisfaction with it.

--

Maestro

Singapore is the second largest exporter of used cars in the world, Singapore cars can go direct to NZ without any modification.

I have no reason to doubt that the cars require no modification but I thought that Singapore was an horrendously expensive place to purchase a car and thus, being able to pick up one for a 5th of 1.6m baht (I think that was the quote but please ocrrect me if wrong) would seem rather strange.

I mean, no-one is going to pay Bt30m for a Ferrari here and export it to europe where it can be purchased brand new for far less and I don't think the Thai government will refund the inward tax will they ?

Assumptions I admit but as it must be taxation which makes so expensive in Singapore, then would that not also make them expensive to export ? If they were so cheap, as in a 5th of the cost in Thailand, then wouldn't people also bring them here and pay the tax which surely cannot be 400% of the secondhand value as it is not that much when new ?

Thanks to you all for the kind replies!

And Rob what bike did you purchase?

One of the funkiest bikes I had once was a Yammie RD 350 LC (two stroke) tuned and race exhaust. Another great bike I had was an XT600, great fore making wheelies.

For driving safe, yes I always drive very defensive and only do short sprints on a good clear and straight piece of road.

My first year here in Thailand I managed to get involved in two minor accidents, one car that cut me and brushed my bumper and a motosai that

crashed in the left side of my Altis, both not my fault.

Next week I am taking the Bimmer for a trip to the NE, good to find out fuel economy and to see if this car not make me as tired and feel cramped like when using the Altis, I am a bit too tall for the Altis I think as it always caused my legs, back and feet to hurt after more then a 2 hour drive.

Oh and by the way I was lucky today in the Thai lottery, ha ha!

Peace all!

Alex

i purchased a suzuki gsxr 1100.....a mean loud beastie with shattering acceleration.....ive always liked the idea of getting same acceleration of a supercar for a supercheap price ie buy any large new/secondhand big cc sports bike.

in uk had bikes but with the weather being so crap then it was too much hassle to take them out unless a nice day(doesnt happen that often!!)

had an rd350 in the old days and had quite a bit of poke if i remember correctly.

have you thought about taking your car to the bira circuit...im pretty sure they have days where you can take your own car round there international race circuit for a few hundred baht.....im thinking of takin the bike up there sometime....but dont wanna slide the fcuker if i take a bend to quick (especially in my shorts,flip flops and vest :o ) but would still be a laugh even if i dont go to mad......went past there the other day and see they have a go kart track....there a laugh as well so might do them when up there although i did end up in the pond at the small track on threppasit rd.....teach me to mess about!!! phone still worked even though it got a quick dunkin :D .

anyways if you want a race for slips then give me a shout and we can put your badboy to the test :D .

enjoy.

how much did you win on the lottery...bet it wasnt more than a tankful of gas :D

I have no reason to doubt that the cars require no modification but I thought that Singapore was an horrendously expensive place to purchase a car and thus, being able to pick up one for a 5th of 1.6m baht (I think that was the quote but please ocrrect me if wrong) would seem rather strange.

I mean, no-one is going to pay Bt30m for a Ferrari here and export it to europe where it can be purchased brand new for far less and I don't think the Thai government will refund the inward tax will they ?

Assumptions I admit but as it must be taxation which makes so expensive in Singapore, then would that not also make them expensive to export ? If they were so cheap, as in a 5th of the cost in Thailand, then wouldn't people also bring them here and pay the tax which surely cannot be 400% of the secondhand value as it is not that much when new ?

Good points Torrenova, I wonder why people don't import to Thailand if the cost is one fifth. I think you're right on that one, can't be one fifth of the price.

I think the reason Singapore exports so many used cars is that after a certain ammount of years, 10 I think, they have to be scrapped, it's something crazy like that, although many of the Taxi's look older than 10 years, so I dunno exactly what the system is.

Confusing.

Edited by Maigo6

I was just down the Local International supermarket and could have wept at the prices of Second Hand Cars on the notice board........ :o ( In Tokyo )

I saw a BMW 330 convertible for just over a Million Baht.

No wonder Japan exports so many second hand cars!

Edited by Maigo6

you really are a very decent jolly chap

Thank you, when looking back at my life I always tried to be good to people and continue to do so.

i purchased a suzuki gsxr 1100.....a mean loud beastie with shattering acceleration.....ive always liked the idea of getting same acceleration of a supercar for a supercheap price ie buy any large new/secondhand big cc sports bike.

in uk had bikes but with the weather being so crap then it was too much hassle to take them out unless a nice day(doesnt happen that often!!)

had an rd350 in the old days and had quite a bit of poke if i remember correctly.

have you thought about taking your car to the bira circuit...im pretty sure they have days where you can take your own car round there international race circuit for a few hundred baht.....im thinking of takin the bike up there sometime....but dont wanna slide the fcuker if i take a bend to quick (especially in my shorts,flip flops and vest ) but would still be a laugh even if i dont go to mad......went past there the other day and see they have a go kart track....there a laugh as well so might do them when up there although i did end up in the pond at the small track on threppasit rd.....teach me to mess about!!! phone still worked even though it got a quick dunkin .

anyways if you want a race for slips then give me a shout and we can put your badboy to the test .

enjoy.

how much did you win on the lottery...bet it wasnt more than a tankful of gas

Cool bike!

I remember trying one of my friend GSX a few years back. Got into a speed whobble but managed to get it stable again, was doing 200+

My Yammie 350 went from 0 to 100 KM in just 3.5 seconds, awesome ride and feeling!

Where is the Bira circuit? And yes would love to go there!!!!!

For the Go Karts, I love them when they have those two stroke engines, four strokes OK but depend very much on your cornering skills.

Oh and for the lottery, I won 8000 Thai Dollar, ha ha ha!

I wish him years and years of great enjoyment and satisfaction with it.

Thank you Maestro!

What do you call that great BM colour please? Ice blue? Luvvvvverleeeeee!

Make sure you have some soft compound tyres and as another M-thusiast said here, watch that back end in the wet or it'll be coming past yer!!

The feeling of sheer quality in the steering, gearchange and handling of a BMW is matched in my view only by SOME Porsches. And I've had both in Europe.

But in the wet, the back ends of both DO shimmy like my sister Kate!!

I am not sure about the color name, will check tommorow but it is silver with a touch of blue indeed!

Do you think your sister will be interested to go for a ride and dinner after? :o

If you go crazy, toss a turbo on that bad boy, but be careful, you may just swallow you tongue on accident when you hit the pedal.

Dakhar, I have seen some clips on Youtube of Turbo and supercharged 330 Bimmers, Borla exhaust sytems and yes maybe in a year or two when I have saved some more money or win a real big price in the lottery....ha ha.

Anyway did a 270 KM run today and wasted about 25 LTR of 91 fuel which gives me 1:10.8KM, not too bad considering my Altis (1.8) was doing 1:14.

Average speed around 100 KM an hour with peaks of 130 and some long stretches going 120.

A lot of speed checks and many people where stopped by police as usual on this route (BKK- Korat).

As it has the sport suspension package (lowered) all bumps and ridges are transfered to the seat and chassis so in the beginning of my ride I felt a bit uneasy.

After about 180 KM from my home the road start to be good (new asphalth and straight) and a pleasure to drive up to Korat.

Tommorow up to Kalasin where there are some good pieces of road, (the way to).

Will leave early and will do some high speed driving wherever it is safe, just to test out stability and such.

Peace all!

Alex

Edited by AlexLah

Good points Torrenova, I wonder why people don't import to Thailand if the cost is one fifth. I think you're right on that one, can't be one fifth of the price.

you would get one for a 5th in mainland Europe.. But we are not in mainland Europe !!! I practically gave away a 735.. I think 1000 EUR tho cant remember 100%..

Also kept in storage for years an 850CSI.. 380bhp, 6 gears, 300 kph monster.. Pristine nick.. Full alpine Audio / TV / Navi (the one that slides in and out of the head unit, back 7 years ago too !!) I think I got 10k EUR for it as I wasnt there to sell it !! 450k baht for a gem of a rare car !!

Lovely car.. Enjoy it..

you would get one for a 5th in mainland Europe.. But we are not in mainland Europe !!! I practically gave away a 735.. I think 1000 EUR tho cant remember 100%..

Also kept in storage for years an 850CSI.. 380bhp, 6 gears, 300 kph monster.. Pristine nick.. Full alpine Audio / TV / Navi (the one that slides in and out of the head unit, back 7 years ago too !!) I think I got 10k EUR for it as I wasnt there to sell it !! 450k baht for a gem of a rare car !!

Lovely car.. Enjoy it..

Yo Livinlos please show me a website where you can buy a 330 from 2004 with M package for less then 350.000 Bath (10.000 US) in EU.

Thank you!

<br />Hi all,<br /><br />Today picked up my new ride.<br /><br />BMW 330 (2004) with sport package and M3 styling. 18 Inch wheels.<br /><br /><br />This car is freaking awesome!!!!<br /><br />A total new experience in driving, I am telling ya!<br /><br />When pushing the pedal to the metal it just not stops to accelerate, sick!<br /><br />Everytime I do a 100 meter sprint there is one big smile on my face.<br /><br />The sound of the engine, the G force what can I say.<br /><br />It is better then sex, ha ha ha .<br /><br /><br />Will post some pics tommorow.<br /><br />I feel so happy!<br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Cars are nothing compared to acceleration on big bikes

Lovely car.. Enjoy it..

Yo Livinlos please show me a website where you can buy a 330 from 2004 with M package for less then 350.000 Bath (10.000 US) in EU.

Thank you!

I spent only 30 secs or so looking..

2004... sport pack.. 5k EUR so what 230k baht.. Thats not a 330 tho..

http://www.daz24.de/21_suche/detail.php?fz...a0a7ee27261cd62

2003... 320 only tho <300k baht..

http://www.daz24.de/21_suche/detail.php?fz...96f1aab898e8c26

And try this..

2006 !! 14k kms !! 320 with M sport package.. 6500 EUR or about 310 of todays baht.. New body shape and everything.

http://www.daz24.de/21_suche/detail.php?fz...3416a3cf6355eba

2004.. 330d.. 7k EUR +- 330k baht

http://www.daz24.de/21_suche/detail.php?fz...1305606ee95fbee

I am not saying its not a lovely car.. it is.. I hope you enjoy it.. I didnt mean any snide or malice.. Only saying that the Thai price of nice motors is nuts compared to where I am used to buying mine..

Edited by LivinLOS

Ok Daz.de must have some system where direct links to search results are not retained..

Those prices I list are for cars on daz ( www.daz24.de ) which is an auto sales rag.. Plus if you hunt around you can beat those punter priced if you have trade connections.. That 2006 14k kms 320d with full M sport look for 6500 EUR or +-310k baht is there try the search engine.. A 20 sec search again for BMW 330 shows a 2004 CD sport 330i for 6995 EUR (again 310 - 320k baht) thats another oil burner tho ?? CD ??

I say again tho I skim read and thought you were talking about the 330d of which theres a few at 1/5th.. For a 330i you may have to go a bit more but the convertible 330i I listed was 10k EUR..

Not trying to get in a pissing contest.. or knock the lovely car you have.. Price of cars in Europe doesnt relate to prices here.. Thats what people moan about.

Ok Daz.de must have some system where direct links to search results are not retained..

Those prices I list are for cars on daz ( www.daz24.de ) which is an auto sales rag.. Plus if you hunt around you can beat those punter priced if you have trade connections.. That 2006 14k kms 320d with full M sport look for 6500 EUR or +-310k baht is there try the search engine.. A 20 sec search again for BMW 330 shows a 2004 CD sport 330i for 6995 EUR (again 310 - 320k baht) thats another oil burner tho ?? CD ??

I say again tho I skim read and thought you were talking about the 330d of which theres a few at 1/5th.. For a 330i you may have to go a bit more but the convertible 330i I listed was 10k EUR..

Not trying to get in a pissing contest.. or knock the lovely car you have.. Price of cars in Europe doesnt relate to prices here.. Thats what people moan about.

Indeed dirtcheap the cars in Germany but lets not forget the import tax in Thailand of 308.051%

There is a comparable one as I have on the site and it goes for 750.000 Baht then when importing it will be around 3 Million.......

Anyway as you said it is a lovely car but already looking and thinking of my next purchase, ha ha ha!

I used to be a member of the BMW car club.. My 850 was featured in thier mag one time.. We went a cross Euro run with a day at the Neremberg ring..

Absolutely had my ass handed to me by a local guy in a 325 too !!

Those prices are scams and don't even exist in Germany. Maybe wrecks "totalschaden"...

LN

Time to become a member of www.euroclubrace.com mainly bimmers there, but nice guys, 6 trackdays a year and a lot of fun and help if you need something.

H

My "I Am so Happy". :o

Hakku thanks for that link, I might try joining.

Jalla, that looks nice!

I was not a real fan of the new styling but seeing your lowered car and the cool rims make it look a lot better!

Hey another question, Where in BKK can I find a good tuning shop, thinking of cold air intake and chip tuning and such.

Peace all!

Alie