I Am So Happy!

AlexLah

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singapore is the second largest exporter of used cars in the world, Singapore cars can go direct to NZ without any modification.

I have no reason to doubt that the cars require no modification but I thought that Singapore was an horrendously expensive place to purchase a car and thus, being able to pick up one for a 5th of 1.6m baht (I think that was the quote but please ocrrect me if wrong) would seem rather strange.

I mean, no-one is going to pay Bt30m for a Ferrari here and export it to europe where it can be purchased brand new for far less and I don't think the Thai government will refund the inward tax will they ?

Assumptions I admit but as it must be taxation which makes so expensive in Singapore, then would that not also make them expensive to export ? If they were so cheap, as in a 5th of the cost in Thailand, then wouldn't people also bring them here and pay the tax which surely cannot be 400% of the secondhand value as it is not that much when new ?

cars in singapore pay a high road tax after a certain age and few are willing to buy them and pay it locally, thus they are available for sale and export cheap. in singapore running the car is almost more expensive than buying it. that was how it was explained to me.

see here for more, it is called coe and when it expires, your car is not road legal. COEs are available only to the highest bidder your options are renew, export or scrap

Time to become a member of www.euroclubrace.com mainly bimmers there, but nice guys, 6 trackdays a year and a lot of fun and help if you need something.

H

My "I Am so Happy". :o

Hakku thanks for that link, I might try joining.

Jalla, that looks nice!

I was not a real fan of the new styling but seeing your lowered car and the cool rims make it look a lot better!

Hey another question, Where in BKK can I find a good tuning shop, thinking of cold air intake and chip tuning and such.

Peace all!

Alie

If you are looking for BMW mod shops, try http://www.bmwsociety.com

Only in thai, but a lot of the posts in the forum is in english.

Chiptuning is best bought from abroad I`m afraid.

Edited by Jalla