Thunderstruck By Beauty

ShortTimer

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trouble with viewing a thread from the last post, as I usually do, is it can be hard to get a handle on what is going on.

I seriously thought someone was thunderstruck by the beauty of the Leyland P76 :D

After much scrolling up, I come to the part about "I feel her like an animal".

Thank goodness he wasn't referring to the Leyland. :o:D:D

I'm only 28 years old, and I haven't heard the word " walkman " for years

The name Walkman is still a current model series for Sony - they have MP3 models. Take a look at the Sony store where the pooying suwey mark tiisud who is the subject of the thread works.

............ Do they still sell those little 8 track beat boxes....?

Yep sure do, I have one still mounted in the dash of my Leyland P76. My collection of 8 Track tapes is only exceeded by my Sony Beta movie collection.

CB

CB, you might be intrested in one or two of my Technics direct drive pitch adjustable vinyl turntables that I have for sale - To play some of your old Sinatra pressed wax??????

Yep sure do, I have one still mounted in the dash of my Leyland P76. My collection of 8 Track tapes is only exceeded by my Sony Beta movie collection.

CB

CB, you might be intrested in one or two of my Technics direct drive pitch adjustable vinyl turntables that I have for sale - To play some of your old Sinatra pressed wax??????

Hey don't dis Frank - he was one of the original rat pack and knew how to have a good time. I prefer Lyn Sondek to Technics - the quality of the Technics is no where as good. You can keep that for doing scratch on rap records - I'll keep the Sondek for my ELO and Haysie Fantasie recordings.

Wonder if I can get a replacement belt for my Edison wax cylinder recorder? My have to move up to the '78s format.

Now that would be a present to impress the girl in question - a couple of shellac discs with Mae Rainey singing "I need a little cream in my sugar bowl"

CB

CB

Crikey Crowie, that must be last P76 on the planet...........Must have been the ugliest, worst car ever built.

The only thing they had going for them was that you could fit a 44 gallon drum in the boot (don't know if that was a good thing or not).

I know this is going to be paid out on but I really did have a P76 with an 8 track stereo - the aluminium (or aluminum for our American friends) wasn't a fantastic idea back then but the car was years ahead of the rest.

Yep the advertising at the time was "boot big enough to fit a 44 (US55gal) drum and still close the lid" - in EnZed they marketed it as big enough to "carry two sheep in case you were heading for a party and needed a blind date for a mate"

The OP would be able to put the girl of his dreams in the boot and his current g/f on the wide bench seat in the back. I am sure the new g/f will be impressed by the vinyl spray interior of the boot and the roominess. Probably couldn't fit a healthy buffalo in there as well but a sick one would probably fold up enough.

CB

Wonder if I can get a replacement belt for my Edison wax cylinder recorder? My have to move up to the '78s format.

Just like all the old cars. A judiciously applied silk stocking can replace most belts. Fun getting hold of too!

Now back on topic with a present? A condom or 6pack of same? A DVD of Bill the Bard's "Taming of the Shrew", or if that is too much, try Shaw's "Pygmalion".

Better for the OP to present himself with a lesson in resisting temptation - methinks.

I know this is going to be paid out on but I really did have a P76 with an 8 track stereo - the aluminium (or aluminum for our American friends) wasn't a fantastic idea back then but the car was years ahead of the rest.

Yep the advertising at the time was "boot big enough to fit a 44 (US55gal) drum and still close the lid" - in EnZed they marketed it as big enough to "carry two sheep in case you were heading for a party and needed a blind date for a mate"

The OP would be able to put the girl of his dreams in the boot and his current g/f on the wide bench seat in the back. I am sure the new g/f will be impressed by the vinyl spray interior of the boot and the roominess. Probably couldn't fit a healthy buffalo in there as well but a sick one would probably fold up enough.

CB

A close friend had one of these in Thailand, more years ago than I care to remember. He had the boot converted to house a completely stocked wet-bar.

Brilliant auto-pilot on that car. Would get you home from almost anywhere - albeit slowly!

Doze waz de daze!

Just like all the old cars. A judiciously applied silk stocking can replace most belts. Fun getting hold of too!

Ahhh yes back in the days when a flash of stocking was something very shocking - nowadays we have to make do with a length of knicker elastic. The easiest thing so far is to use a shortened belt from the Singer treadle sowing machine. They are made of leather and good for many years of service.

Now back on topic with a present? A condom or 6pack of same? A DVD of Bill the Bard's "Taming of the Shrew", or if that is too much, try Shaw's "Pygmalion".

Better for the OP to present himself with a lesson in resisting temptation - methinks.

For most of the CM forum membership perhaps they could donate a well thumbed copy of Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. I am sure some will have the an original 1955 edition.

:o

CB

i cannot sleep because of all this tension, will he ask her out? will he dump his girlfriend will he.......WHATEVER, but talk to us man !!!

By now you must be able to tell that everybody is very friendly and helpfull to get you through this ordeal. Even transportation can be arranged with a leyland p76 ( including 8 track !! ) So what is keeping you??? :o

Well I was teaching a few years ago and all of the sudden a beautiful girl walked into my room. I found out who she was and now we are married :shrug:

Does that mean that you married one of your students ?

dam_n I got caught, nah she is actually older than i am, I realized after i typed that how it sounded, but I left it cause I felt it would get funny replies.

*misogynist

:D

Oh contraire, I love women. The Hogs Breath (RIP) on the other hand was one of the older and more enduring watering holes in BKK whose patrons over the years remained mostly loyal and who between them had heard almost every scenario that the Thai female could come up with. The list of Hogs Breath proverbs is short but highly accurate and all have stood the test of time and each has been proven time and again. I would share the rest of the list with you but since you called me a misogynist I shall deny you that luxury and leave you to find out, probably painfully, the ways of the world for yourself. :o

Yes CB, there sure are some strange people in this world. But why do so many of them end up here in Chiang Mai? :D

:o

I particularly liked the line from the OP about her behind looking like peaches....

With talent like this, we could have a nascent blues musician/lyricist in our midst. :D

i cannot sleep because of all this tension, will he ask her out? will he dump his girlfriend will he.......WHATEVER, but talk to us man !!!

By now you must be able to tell that everybody is very friendly and helpfull to get you through this ordeal. Even transportation can be arranged with a leyland p76 ( including 8 track !! ) So what is keeping you??? :o

You are feeling tension. You understand how i am feeling!

"Friendly and helpful" people, yes, thank you. What happen to me so far?

I have been called neanderthal, Borat, troll,

One person call me "love sick puppy, or maybe just sick puppy". His post is taken away.

Someone call me Italian!! Thanks! I not angry. (I try to spell "innocent" correct, but my finger make mistake).

Four or five people say she is his girlfriend already. Some more people want testing her for me.

I now understand that some people say she is lady-boy.

One person say don't worry, I wil fall in love with prettier one in ten minutes.

Many people think i am idiot, and many people think I never have date before. I tell you I have date Thai girls before. I come to Thailand before 3 years ago too. I meet engineer woman at dance club. We very special, but we both too crazy I think. 3 months it finish. Once I am sitting in restaurant and see girl looking at my computer. I sit down with her to show it to her. We go out also three months.

I date nurse, I date massage woman (not bar-girl - real massage). I date Burmese bar-girl I really like her - special woman, but she not like me enough - bar-girl life take away true feelings I think.

I meet good woman and bad woman - same any country. But Thailand is different other country, sure. Thailand woman same same but different.

Many people say ask her out and if she say no, then it is too bad.

I think if I ask her out first time, she have to say no, sure. I don't want her say no. So I look for special way to play Thai game.

One person say something: "45 years old, lived here for a year and doesn't know how to ask a girl out? there are some strange people in this world". I never say I cannot ask woman out. I ask many woman out - sometimes they say yes! In Thailand and other country too.

Someone say "Yes CB, there sure are some strange people in this world. But why do so many of them end up here in Chiang Mai?"

I say 2 things to you.

(1) - they come because you are here - ha!

(2) - go eat farty beans

Someone try to sell me house. Someone talk about "blow-up sheep" I hope they eat farty beans too.

And someone give different lyrics to a Animals song I like long time! Hey Gyp! "Just give me some of your love now. Just give me some of your love now. Oh yah!"

(Now I listen to other Animals song - When I Was Young. I like this song.)

One person say "you say you are happy with your girlfriend but you cant be really happy as you like this girl.". But I don't like this girl. I do not know her. I say only I want her. I am happy with my girlfriend and do love her. But if can make new beauty woman lover on side - wow!

Maybe people don't like this. Someone say take my girlfriend with me to meet her - ha ha - special fantasy - ha ha. Some fantasy can come true - some fantasy never happen!

My problem - I want to know how to ask this woman to be my lover, not girlfriend. Is not easy, sure! This make me strange? Maybe. But if people honest - how many here have lover? I ask you - how many men here have second woman? Ha! I say 50%! More I think! How many you men come here for woman? How many marry bar-girl and say they have "true love"? How much you really pay for your bar-girl wife?

Thankyou Momo8, but I think you too romantic for understand this. I not want to marry her. I want something else! I want to feel make her cry-happy.

I not want "arguments and serious discussions" (someone think). I have girlfriend - she speak English well. Someone say "i would suggest you dump her before you ask this new one out. after all a cheatin' man is a cheatin' man. or do you just want this new on as a bit on the side?"

I think I speak clear, even with accent. I have girlfriend. I am happy with her. So yes I a cheatin' man. I want this other woman for "gig", lover," bit on the side". I want help to play this game correct.

Yes, I am "Homo erectus" - very old style! easy to understand what i want! And other meaning too!

Many men here, Farang too, have lover on side. Many old not handsome men have beauty "on the side". Many pay for this - one way or other.

I know Thailand history have money different other country. Thailand money means classe. Level in society. And "take care of girl" have more money-meaning here from other country.

Is not prostitute, but is still money, classe, face, society-game.

I not want her for girlfriend. I not care if has boyfriend.

Some people take me seriously, and thank you. But they not understand my situation. Sure, business card with two hands is good idea - to meet wife. I not want her be my wife.

Yes, good clothe, shave and haircut - this is true. Good idea. But not ask her out yet.

But man who call me strange also give first good advice. Names of good music. Thank you CrowBoy. I will try this.

(Other good rock song, Foghat - I Just Want To Make Love To You) Yah!

Thank you all people. I will give her a music cd next week and maybe I say "Khun suay chung loey." Then look shy, and leave shop quick. Let her think about the strange Farang.

I surprised this post so many people look at!

Thank you - this help me, sure.

ST

ps Question - is mia noi same as gig?

ps I know electronic thing. Never made 8track Walkman. First walkman Sony - cassette - about 1980. 8track dead that time.

ps I have many old cars too, but I not know this one.

ps My Fair Lady different to Pygmalion. In movie, old professor get the girl!

Hey ST...thanks for a most entertaining thread and I wish you luck in your endeavor.

...on second thought, after reading your last post, if I were this woman's father/brother/or friend I wouldn't let you near her but that's just me.

Good luck with that mix tape...maybe putting it on an ipod or walkman will help.

I'll just add that a warm smile goes a long way and cost nothing.

You must develop your own style,through trial and error.What works for one may not for another. My father always told me..." If it flies,floats or f****s,...rent it!"

Wish I would have listened to him more.Bought an airplane,bought a boat and the women...man I wish I would have listened!

Edited by bunta71

This advice presumes that she speaks enough English or you speak enough Thai to communicate normally. If not, I think you are out of luck

whatever you do, at this stage do not give her a gift, especially at her place of work. you will embarrass her beyond belief and make yourself look like a horny old farang.

Go back to the shop, look at more stuff. this gives you an excuse to talk to her and gives her a chance to do her job well. listen to everything she says. ask questions, look her in the eye, smile properly. dress nicely but my god don't wear a thai--she will think you are a mormon. who wears a thai in chiang mai? don't focus on the gadgets, but on her (but talk about the gadgets). gradually say something about yourself. "i need this for my condo at xxxx" whatever, or "i live alone...." if you demonstrate more interest in her personality than her peach behind, you may stand a chance.

but here's the most important thing to remember: this is her place of work. all her co-workers will see and hear everything. if she is really as beautiful as you say, men must hit on her all the time. so don't say or do anything that would make her feel uncomfortable or cause the others in the shop to tease her. in general, thai women are very sensitive to the perception of their coworkers about their personal lives, morals, and especially behavior on the job. this is particularly true when it comes to fraternizing with farang men (don't know if you are farang or what, but you know what i mean). there are many negative stereotypes about women who get close to foreigners, and women are sensitive to this. you may have to go back to the shop 2-3 times and repeat this exercise.

buy something, at least the first time, so she gets a commission and can legitimately spend time talking to you on subsequent visits because you are a "regular customer." and, frankly, it doesn't hurt to show that you are a man of means who can buy an electronic doo-dad if you wish. buy something small and take an interest in something larger.

now you have to start digging for info. find out if she works every day. you can tell her that you want to come back to look at the tv or whatever another day, but want to do it when she is there. salespeople who work on commission like this (if you return and buy the tv from someone else, she loses). now you know what day is her day off. say "what a coincidence, that's my day off too!" now time for the big question: "what do you like to do on your day off?" you have made the transition from business to personal. now she will understand that you want to ask her out. find a way to give her your phone #; don't bother asking for hers.

regarding the mia noi vs. gig question, the 2 are totally different. the first is a long-term relationship in which the man takes responsibility for the woman's financial needs, as if they are married, although the man is already married to someone else. this doesn't apply to you because you are not married. gig is a casual sexual relationship between a man and woman who are friends. it's a friendship with sex and no commitment or binding emotions.

I am worried about the OP , he seems to get girls to talk to him because of his computer and now because of a walkman, and the girl works in an electronics shop........ Donot really know what to think of these "electronic" excuses... Just called a friend of mine, studying to be a shrink, he says it coud be an acute case of an elecrtronic sexual deformation. He also added that normal speach and writing will be affected too......

Feel sorry for the op, unless ofcourse he can tell us that my friend is wrong....... :o

all the posts encouraging infidelity are astounding to me. if you are TRULY happy with your current partner, why would you seek another? this whole mia noi/gig thing is a THAI thing so i dont understand why western men feel that they have to take part.

i dont want to turn this into yet another western Vs thai thing (boring), but why cant men (of any race) just be happy with the one partner?

lets hope that the original girlfriend who you 'love' doesnt have a sharp knife or scissors nearby when she finds out.

I am worried about the OP , he seems to get girls to talk to him because of his computer and now because of a walkman, and the girl works in an electronics shop........ Donot really know what to think of these "electronic" excuses... Just called a friend of mine, studying to be a shrink, he says it coud be an acute case of an
elecrtronic sexual deformation.
He also added that normal speach and writing will be affected too......

Feel sorry for the op, unless ofcourse he can tell us that my friend is wrong....... :o

:D