Voice Recorder - Electronic Memo - Ic Recorder

wjmark

I am looking for a little electronic voice memo recorder.

Should have VOR, USB, mic input, and speed adjust.

Sony makes a few but they are double the price they should be - 512meg for 4000bt.

I know Panasonic and Olympus make good ones much cheaper. Anybody know where I can get one in CM? Or even in Bangkok?

(ps. I don't want a little MP3 player that does voice recording - I want an actual memo unit)

I have checked all the usual suspects - N. Panich, Panthip, Computer Plaza, IT Center (or whatever it is called), etc etc

Thanks, Mark

Edited by wjmark

I am looking for a little electronic voice memo recorder.

Should have VOR, USB, mic input, and speed adjust.

Sony makes a few but they are double the price they should be - 512meg for 4000bt.

I know Panasonic and Olympus make good ones much cheaper. Anybody know where I can get one in CM? Or even in Bangkok?

(ps. I don't want a little MP3 player that does voice recording - I want an actual memo unit)

I have checked all the usual suspects - N. Panich, Panthip, Computer Plaza, IT Center (or whatever it is called), etc etc

Thanks, Mark

I just bought a 4G Sony recorder at Siam TV. Cost about 5,000 bt. It has VOR, USB, buil;t-in mic, mic jack, variable mic sensitivity, four separate folders, and is the size of a large thumb drive. It will record at highest quality music for nine hours, lowest quality voice for 227 hours. Uses one AAA battery and can recharge its own through the USB. With an alkaline battery will record for 9-10 hours.

I used this to record a group of us playing music. Didn't sound like Symphony Hall, but was good enough to enjoy the music, clear enough to hear people speaking around the table and the kids in the background. Far superior sound to any Walkman type or recorder or even a tabletop cassette player I've tried. I ran two mics into a single plug so had a mic at each end of the table. This didn't produce stereo, but did clearly pick up all the subtle tones of the musicians. You can set the sound tonal quality for pop, jazz, normal, and several others. Three hours of recording produce a file that was about 50 megabytes and saved as an MP3 file.

Each time you turn on the recorder it automatically begins a new file. You can delete individual files or all files and move files from one folder to another. Quite a nice menu of functions and effects. I'd recommend this to anyone needing a very good quality recorder for voice, and quite satisfactory quality recorder for impromptu music. It can also function as an MP3 player; just load it up from your computer. When you plug in the USP jack it shows up as an external drive.

I have also done the rounds looking for one of these (not bought yet but plan to). I need one with USB connectivity. A few places have the Sony products, like Pantip Plaza and Airport Central. But yes they are expensive when you look online and see the USA prices.

I have only found the Olympus product sold at a small booth in the IT mall section at Airport Central Plaza (CNX) and at Pantip Plaza in BKK. There is one Olympus model (VN-3100PC I think) that is below the price of the cheapest Sony model, at a bit over the 2,000 baht mark. It was the same price in CNX and BKK. I will probably get this one.

If you find any bargains please send me a PM. Cheers

- CB

I have also done the rounds looking for one of these (not bought yet but plan to). I need one with USB connectivity. A few places have the Sony products, like Pantip Plaza and Airport Central. But yes they are expensive when you look online and see the USA prices.

I have only found the Olympus product sold at a small booth in the IT mall section at Airport Central Plaza (CNX) and at Pantip Plaza in BKK. There is one Olympus model (VN-3100PC I think) that is below the price of the cheapest Sony model, at a bit over the 2,000 baht mark. It was the same price in CNX and BKK. I will probably get this one.

If you find any bargains please send me a PM. Cheers

- CB

YOU DA MAN!

I went and bought the VN2100pc (64meg) for 2390bt. I fought for a discount and could get none!

Now I will never forget anything again - except maybe to take my Olympus with me!

Thanks, Mark