Asian Pay & Thailand Gold Exchange

6 months ago I was exchanging E-gold through Thailand Gold Exchange (www.thailandgoldexchange.com) which was at the time funded through Asian Pay (www.asianpay.com). I tried to change $3,000USD and have been trying to get my money from them ever since. At first they paid and was on time. After they gained my trust they crushed it by not giving me MY money. Now they have me on a scheduled payment plan do to their lack of cash flow (according to them) and they are still not paying me. Their office is in Chiang Mai but they do business internationally. Now that I am having financial trouble I desperately need my money back from their company as soon as possible before my wife gives birth to my child.

Has anyone heard of these Companies? Is anyone else having similar problems? Have I been scammed? If I have been scammed, is there any legal action that I can take to try and bring those responsible to justice?

My blood is boiling over this situation. I feel robbed.

I recommend that nobody use these companies for any online transactions. They are criminals and will steal your money.

EDIT: I tried to attach a link to the companies and did it wrong so I just typed out the web address.

Edited by mrt273nva

I cannot advise you except perhaps threaten legal action formally with a lawyer.

I will say tho that I had used that company in the past and then when they started spam mailing me all the time about thier ponzi 'investment' packages I quickly cut them off and had a few nasty email exchanges with its owner. Struck me as obvious that they would end up a scam with many people hurt.

I wasn't aware that they had another business that modeled the ponzi scams until it was too late. I'm guessing that they decide to keep my money to fund their fraudulent business "The Investors Corner" (www.theinvestorscorner.com) which I am not a part of and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I was only using TGE's exchange service to change my e-gold into baht via bank transfer. Now 6 months later and I am still waiting (after their guaranteed 7 day transaction period) . 2 weeks ago they gave me $500 which was supposed the first of their weekly payment plan to me. They say that they are giving 7% interest which is much lower than the money that I would have received in baht at the time due to the deflation of the US dollar now. I asked for refunds of the e-gold a long time ago and they refused. The price of gold is at an all time high now and I would have benefited from having my e-gold generate profit for me this whole time rather than having them sit on it. I am getting the shaft and it is driving me insane.

From what I understand the authorities look down on these types of scams in Thailand. The fact that they still maintain an office boggles my mind. There has to be something that can be done. If I called the police I don't think they would understand the nature of the crime because it is beyond the scope of the low funded criminal justice system here in Thailand. Is there anyone that is tech savvy in Thailand that has any pull in the legal system? I called the finance police but because they were only exchanging commodities instead of stock that it was not their department. I'm left out in the cold on this one.

Any ideas?

On their main page it says that they're not taking on new registrants, and that the website solely is there to allow old customers to check their history!

Seems they're out of business already!

On their main page it says that they're not taking on new registrants, and that the website solely is there to allow old customers to check their history!

Seems they're out of business already!

but in the mean time they owe me money from their other business. i despise scam artists and would like to see those responsible imprisoned for what they have done. Other than the local police, is there anyone at the governmental level that would pursue this?

Me personally as its in country, I would have a little holiday to CM on the basis of pure holiday not a cost exercise, and make myself known as a large and wild eyed customer walk in.. Make them realize that all company <deleted> aside they personally, owe me personally, and I am am coming to collect and they aint walking out on me. You could also throw a interest charge at them for fun too.

Its not a large amount of money but I react very badly to unpaid debt. Its my money not thiers and they wont keep it, not and remain healthy.

Sure that may not be a good attitude, may not be a enlightened modern mentality. I cant help it over scams makes me see red and not think clearly (in which case it would be write it off and live a long and happy life) it was obvious this company was involved in ponzi scams for a long time, they know what they were doing and have lied and cheated people out of money.

Ohh if you type asianpay + scam into google.. Theres a talkgold thread, in there people have listed emails of the relevant government offices that may be assembling a case and pursuing them legally. As I said, wouldnt be the route I would go to ensure I was priority paid, but your not going to have to be heavy about that either.

Me personally as its in country, I would have a little holiday to CM on the basis of pure holiday not a cost exercise, and make myself known as a large and wild eyed customer walk in.. Make them realize that all company <deleted> aside they personally, owe me personally, and I am am coming to collect and they aint walking out on me. You could also throw a interest charge at them for fun too.

Its not a large amount of money but I react very badly to unpaid debt. Its my money not thiers and they wont keep it, not and remain healthy.

Sure that may not be a good attitude, may not be a enlightened modern mentality. I cant help it over scams makes me see red and not think clearly (in which case it would be write it off and live a long and happy life) it was obvious this company was involved in ponzi scams for a long time, they know what they were doing and have lied and cheated people out of money.

I would love to go to Chiang Mai right now. Nothing would give me more pleasure than walking in and looking them in the eyes. But I must wait now because my wife is about to give birth any day now. Unfortunately I am relying on this money to pay hospital fees.

Ohh if you type asianpay + scam into google.. Theres a talkgold thread, in there people have listed emails of the relevant government offices that may be assembling a case and pursuing them legally. As I said, wouldnt be the route I would go to ensure I was priority paid, but your not going to have to be heavy about that either.

typed it in google and found the talkgold forum, but i'm having trouble finding where the list of government offices is. can you PM me a link?

Hate to be nasty.. But why is my time to read the thread less valuable than yours ??

Anyway..

http://www.talkgold.com/forum/showthread.p...042&page=22

Post 218 lists a Thai consumer protection and 219 say hes has already been to police (work as a group).. I strongly suspect that read the thread backwards will show more and more people taking action.

Hate to be nasty.. But why is my time to read the thread less valuable than yours ??

Anyway..

Post 218 lists a Thai consumer protection and 219 say hes has already been to police (work as a group).. I strongly suspect that read the thread backwards will show more and more people taking action.

because you already had found the material that you are referring to. i looked and didn't see it, so rather than spend a long time looking for what you have already seen i thought i'd ask you.

Thanks by the way. no need to be nasty. i never said anything about the value of your time.

Don't know if it's the same owners, but users of another Asian online payment gateway (payzip) are in the same situation. Payzip apparently got into a huge mess with Mastercard which evidently frooze all their assets (that's according to the owners). Sounds more like they ran off with the money to me! Payzip was also run out of Singapore/Thailand.

Tompa

Call me old fashioned but I deal with Citybank, Royal Bank of Scotland and Lloyds.

Why hand money to those Mickey Mouse internet companies ?

What's E-Gold anyway ?

Naka.

Edited by naka

• 1 month later...

Anyway..

Hello,

I just found this thread and forum and looking for people who want to take action againts TGE or AP, they still refuse to pay me since Jun 07. The total about more than 15k usd. Too many reason they gave me to delay this payment. Hope anyone who want to do so please PM me..

Thanks

desire

• 3 months later...
6 months ago I was exchanging E-gold through Thailand Gold Exchange (www.thailandgoldexchange.com) which was at the time funded through Asian Pay (www.asianpay.com). I tried to change $3,000USD and have been trying to get my money from them ever since

Same situation as you, e-gold to Thai Baht out exchange transaction, worth US$ 10,000. Before submitting the exchange transaction and sending them the e-gold I confirmed with them that that can execute it, they confirmed it. Then failed to send the money to my bank account. It was over a year ago now.

• 1 month later...
I have just been paid my full amount from AsianPay. I have learned the power of blackmail.

If you are still owed money by AsianPay you can PM me and I will explain how to get your money back.

i am receiving calls from them now concerning this last post. they are not happy that their scam has been exposed and they want me to stop telling people what i know.

yes they did pay me my money after a year of fighting them. now that i have my money i should be happy that my business with them is finished, but I want to make sure that they do not scam others.

Suppatra and Carlo I know you are reading this. I hope you are beginning to realize the types of problems you will encounter when you do fraudulent business and rip people off. My advise to you is pay the people that you owe money to and then shut down your business because it is not a reputable company.

By the way, thanks for the full payment of my money. We are done now. Goodbye.

edit: I shut down the website which was our agreement. I can inform whoever I want about your dealings and am not afraid of you. I am a very unsatisfied customer. It might take me a little while to cool down. I hope you understand.

Edited by mrt273nva

• 5 months later...
I have just been paid my full amount from AsianPay. I have learned the power of blackmail.

If you are still owed money by AsianPay you can PM me and I will explain how to get your money back.

i am receiving calls from them now concerning this last post. they are not happy that their scam has been exposed and they want me to stop telling people what i know.

yes they did pay me my money after a year of fighting them. now that i have my money i should be happy that my business with them is finished, but I want to make sure that they do not scam others.

Suppatra and Carlo I know you are reading this. I hope you are beginning to realize the types of problems you will encounter when you do fraudulent business and rip people off. My advise to you is pay the people that you owe money to and then shut down your business because it is not a reputable company.

By the way, thanks for the full payment of my money. We are done now. Goodbye.

edit: I shut down the website which was our agreement. I can inform whoever I want about your dealings and am not afraid of you. I am a very unsatisfied customer. It might take me a little while to cool down. I hope you understand.

how to get money from theinvestorscorner which is operate by asianpay co. ltd , please advice me.