Tot Land Line

walking wallet

I have a TOT telephone land line, ive just been to the TOT to request ADSL, they have told me there’s a waiting list and it could be many Months wait ....... Just a thought ( ive never before had an ADSL connection ) can I get another ADSL

Connection from some one else other than TOT, but use the TOT land line..?

WW

When we lived in Hua Hin we had a TOT land line, and ADSL from CS Loxinfo. Although it was quite expensive, we were very satisfied with the Loxinfo service.

When we moved to Nakhon Pathom a few months ago, CS Loxinfo said they couldn't offer ADSL there because TOT wouldn't allocate them any lines. So now we suffer under TOT ADSL.

I suggest you check the Loxinfo web site and/or contact them directly.

You may or may not be able to get DSL from another ISP, running over your TOT fixed line. It all depends on your location. You can check availability from ISP's based on your current phone number at their websites. Check www dot adslthailand dot com, and the "coverage area" links (scroll down, lower-left). CSLoxInfo coverage

I have CSLoxInfo 1024/512 DSL (1,070 THB/mo.) on a TOT fixed line (107 THB/mo.), and have been quite pleased for 2+ years.

My guess, based on the wait-time quoted, is that TOT do not have a DSLAM (DSL Access Multiplexer) in your area or it is maxed out.

Thanks for the replys , lomatopo tried the link you posted for CSLoxInfo coverage, and this is what the answer was..

Your telephone number can not be operated with ADSL service. Please complete the information below. We will contact you to confirm your subscription later.

so may be as you say our area is maxed out ( 044 phone number ) , looks as if Ive got to sit and wait it out :o

WW