What Kind Of Dog Do I Have?

sensei

springer spaniel mix; cocker mix; dalmation mix; mixed up mix....

hard to say; does it matter? if its full grown, then its the breeds mentioned maybe. if that is a pup, then maybe samoyed mixed with dalmation; there are very few mottled breeds, the face could be also old english sheep dog, or aussie shepherd mix with the merle colouration? the type of fur can give a hint: double coat, wirey outer coat, long guard hairs or fluffy silky, one fur layer, curly poodley types, .... endless variations even here... eye shape can clue in: almond shape are the large asian breeds and husky types; round eyes are the terriers and toy types (shitzu, papillon, etc) . flopped over ears, long or short, rectangular or rounded, or rose (half falling half perky), pads: rounded and fluffy or flatter and longer toes, tail over back, down, feathered, long or short....

maybe some shitzu mix things? (the face and ears)....

two mixes makes a...... mix....

well, so what is it??

bina

the rest of my long post was cannibalized by cybermonsters...

i was thinking maybe a thai bangkew dog... google for their websites: a spitz type dog with tricoloured fur, patch work over the eyes and furry...

hey zz how did your post get ahead of mine!!!! i thought of the aussie merle colour right away...

but also take a look like i said about the tbd: its a bit husky like but the colour and facial expression and the face could be....

i love guessing breeds and now that im working in a vet clinic i have to be very careful as people become insulted if i guess wrong (i usually get it right though as i am very good with breeds; but there are all these new pugadoodles and pekepugs and things nowadays so u never know, plus israel is filled with al ot of backyard breeders so types like yellow labs/goldens are mixed a lot, as are the canaani/shepherd mixes and claimed as purebreds.)

the russians have amazingly beautiful purebred dogs with a lot of the breeds not usually seen in israel plus a lot of breeds from asia that ive never seen...

bina

Thanks for trying everyone. I still don't know my dog's exact breed but this doesn't change anything... still a lovely ball of fur and warmth.

Edited by sensei

<br />My Golden Retriever. His name is Cookie and he is 85 pounds of fun loving dog.<br /><br />post-17093-1204547079_thumb.jpg post-17093-1204547147_thumb.jpg<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Great lookibg dog you go there, mate!

Edited by sensei

• 5 months later...

"...dogs from the street can have all the desirable qualities that one could want from pet dogs. Most adopted stray dogs are usually humble and exceptionally faithful to their owners as if they are grateful for this kindness. Moreover, they are not inferior to imported dogs in terms of intelligence. Some are attractive or have a distinctive smart look like Thongdaeng.

In this country, there are thousands to choose from. They are, in fact, too numerous, but if the authorities would help, many people would be more than willing to give a suitable home for these dogs. It would help to solve part of the problem of dangerous stray dogs as well as reduce the import of expensive "luxury pets" which take a toll on the economy of the country. Therefore, we should encourage the improvement of the existing varieties of Thai dogs, which can provide good looking as well as faithful pets."

His Royal Majesty, King Bhumibol Adulyadej, 26 November 2002