Whats The Maximum Amount You Can Send To Los ?

Shrek

An elderly thai woman owes my wife's sister several thousand pounds.

Old lady is in england sister in thailand.

Old lady recently became a widow and whilst she admits she has plenty of money to repay the debt she is claiming she cant send it all to LOS. Claims some sort of restriction.

There was a problem with the 30% withholding, but that has now been withdrawn, and in any event the remittance of personal funds was exempt from that rule. (I personally remitted several large sums without any problems.)

There should be no problem in remitting a large sum of sterling funds to a Thai bank account.

An elderly thai woman owes my wife's sister several thousand pounds.

Old lady is in england sister in thailand.

Old lady recently became a widow and whilst she admits she has plenty of money to repay the debt she is claiming she cant send it all to LOS. Claims some sort of restriction.

shrek, tell her you understand the concerns, and to avoid the restrictions and help her repay the debt, you will be willing to have her give you the debt in cash and provide a receipt, and you will ensure your wifes sister gets the money.

I didnt know for certain there was no limit either by the banks or thai regulations but of course i suspected

old lady is in milton keynes we are in yorkshire sister still in isan

maybe old lady has enough on her plate just being in milton keynes ?

to be honest i have kept out of this one all along....keep telling sister sorry not my problem nothing i can do (which is true) I half know what would happen if i showed any interest...wife bless her "my sister is very poor if lady not pay back now maybe we lend her money for food until old lady pay" and off we go !!!

I didnt know for certain there was no limit either by the banks or thai regulations but of course i suspected

to be honest i have kept out of this one all along....keep telling sister sorry not my problem nothing i can do (which is true) I half know what would happen if i showed any interest...wife bless her "my sister is very poor if lady not pay back now maybe we lend her money for food until old lady pay" and off we go !!!

The buffalo died ?

The buffalo died ?

:o

Heck !!! thats spooky !! How did you know about the sick buffalo. I bet you know about the broken motorcycle, poorly sister, struggling crops, foreclosing bank, and the prime piece of building land that is for sale JUST TO ME at a knock-down price of only ten times what any thai bloke would pay for it.

You must be psychic

Uncanny how all the bad luck in Thailand hits my family !

Will be back in October courtesy of two free tickets and two discounted tickets from those nice people at Etihad.

:D