Are Visas Issued To Thais For The Uk Viewable To The General Public

I have a suspicion that someone I need to speak to has been granted a visa for the UK. I need to contact them and if they manage to leave Thailand before I can do so, is there a straightforward way of finding out where they have gone and who their sponsor is ?

If there is not a straightforward way, then which is the most straightforward way ?

I want to arrange my time in the UK with theirs and avoid having to do the run around in the UK.

If this is difficult here, what about reversing the process and getting the details from the UK ?

Both the embassy and the authorities in the UK are bound by the data protection laws, so won't give out information without the individual's consent.

However, they will pop computer disks containing 25 million people's names and bank details in the post and wonder why it goes missing.

Scouse.

I have a suspicion that someone I need to speak to has been granted a visa for the UK. I need to contact them and if they manage to leave Thailand before I can do so, is there a straightforward way of finding out where they have gone and who their sponsor is ?

There's telephone and email. Then there's stalking.

Both the embassy and the authorities in the UK are bound by the data protection laws, so won't give out information without the individual's consent.

However, they will pop computer disks containing 25 million people's names and bank details in the post and wonder why it goes missing.

Scouse.

But Thailand does not have such laws does it ? And i would presume that as part of the visa application process, the details must have been passed to the Thai authorities or are we saying that the Thai government has no idea where their people are ?

In applying for a UK visa the applicant's contract is with the embassy which is an adjunct of the British government and, although physically sited in Thailand, is bound by UK law. There's no reason for the Thai government to be informed of anything.

Scouse.

A debt is owed and if someone tries to do a runner then the debt is still owed. 6000 miles does not cancel the debt.

That's only your story; the two threads you currently have running in this forum seem to tie together. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=172692

Perhaps it's just my suspicious mind, but I'm not convinced you're telling the truth.

Perhaps it's just my suspicious mind, but I'm not convinced you're telling the truth.

I'm not telling anything, I'm asking. I put pieces together from many forums for many cases and most times for humour and enjoyment.

As a now departed barrister once told me, you never ask a question if you do not already know the answer. How you find the answer is in doing your homework and preparation to a degree over and above the other parties in the case.

I would not let your imagination run too wind with my posts as they are so diverse and varied that any attempt to correlate or link them will likely fry your brain. Imagine opening a door and there is a hallway with 1000 doors and behind each of those doors is another 1000 doors. Expand that to a power X and you'll be somewhere near the probability that they are in some way connnected.

As a now departed barrister once told me, you never ask a question if you do not already know the answer. How you find the answer is in doing your homework and preparation to a degree over and above the other parties in the case.

And if you'd really done your homework and preparation to such a great degree, oh clever Sherlock, you'd have realised that there is no straightforward way in which you can find out where a particular individual has been granted a UK visa and who their sponsor is. Scouse has already told you the reason. If you were to have a 'man on the inside' of the Embassy or BIA it could be different, of course - but do you??

Edited by paully

And if you'd really done your homework and preparation to such a great degree, oh clever Sherlock, you'd have realised that there is no straightforward way in which you can find out where a particular individual has been granted a UK visa and who their sponsor is. Scouse has already told you the reason. If you were to have a 'man on the inside' of the Embassy or BIA it could be different, of course - but do you??

torrenova

Care to names a few names torrenova! :o

I'm not telling anything, I'm asking. I put pieces together from many forums for many cases and most times for humour and enjoyment.

I would not let your imagination run too wind with my posts as they are so diverse and varied that any attempt to correlate or link them will likely fry your brain. Imagine opening a door and there is a hallway with 1000 doors and behind each of those doors is another 1000 doors. Expand that to a power X and you'll be somewhere near the probability that they are in some way connnected.

The kind of response I'd associate with a (lying) politician. :o

This post merely serves to confirm my original suspicions.

What an extraordinary post.

As a now departed barrister once told me, you never ask a question if you do not already know the answer.

For an example, have a look in, 'Families and Children' Forum you appear to have an awful lot of questions, you don't have the answer to.

Carry on the Homework and preparation.

Moss

poor attempt at a "save" :o