What Happens If Thai Wife Splits Up In The Uk ?

I would like an answer to this scenario:

Guy meets girl in Thailand, marries her legally here and then gets her a visa to join him in the UK. After some time, perhaps not a long time, she leaves him.

What is her position visa wise ?

Would that be affected if she hooked up with another guy in the UK who may be cited as the reason for a possible divorce ?

If she were to divorce in the UK would she be immediately free to marry again in the UK to a second guy ?

If she divorced in Thailand on a vist, can I presume that she would have lost all visa rights ? If so, and she subsequently married again, would another visa application be looked upon favourably or not, providing she had at all times obeyed all visa regualtions ?

I would like an answer to this scenario:

Guy meets girl in Thailand, marries her legally here and then gets her a visa to join him in the UK. After some time, perhaps not a long time, she leaves him.

What is her position visa wise ?

Would that be affected if she hooked up with another guy in the UK who may be cited as the reason for a possible divorce ?

If she were to divorce in the UK would she be immediately free to marry again in the UK to a second guy ?

If she divorced in Thailand on a vist, can I presume that she would have lost all visa rights ? If so, and she subsequently married again, would another visa application be looked upon favourably or not, providing she had at all times obeyed all visa regualtions ?

I think most are shrewd enough (brave enough - I know of one who put up with regular beatings) to stay with their husband until they get ILR.

If the marriage were to break up in the UK during the probationary two years, it is likely that she would be left to serve out the remainder of her leave. However, it is unlikely that she'd be granted permission to remain beyond that, either as the spouse of a second husband or in a different capacity. If she were to meet a second bloke, and were divorced, she could lawfully remarry but would have to obtain a certificate of approval from the Home Office before so doing, and this would simply allow her to marry, not to stay. If she were to wish to stay, she would have to return to Thailand and apply for a new settlement visa, one of the criteria of which being that she intends to live permanently with her spouse, something which the visa officer might question.

Scouse.

Cheers Scouse.

Could she leave the UK and return or would that screw it up ?

As for marrying, if she was able to leave, then she could just marry in Thailand without the need for Home Offcice approval.

I understand the criterion regarding the intention to live permanently but her going by the book, not overstaying etc. would surely fall into the category that she just fell out of love with one guy and fell in love with another. For the UK government, the net result is zero. Why would they care which guy she was married to ? Assuming here all in order and no claim made on the state, visa OK, etc.

If she were to split up, leave the UK and then seek to re-enter on her original visa, she would stand to be refused entry on arrival in the UK as circumstances will have changed since the visa was issued. If she were divorced, then, yes, she could remarry in Thailand without having to have Home Office approval. Whether she would get a second settlement visa by different sponsors within a relatively short space of time, no-one can tell. Essentially, she would have to satisfy the visa officer that her second marriage would not break down as rapidly as the first. Certainly, that one marriage has broken down does not automatically mean that a second is bound to do so.

Scouse.