Flr Application Problem

Just a quick question to anybody who has applied for or has experience of a Further Leave to Remain application.

I have just downloaded the application form and gathered all the required documents but have a problem with the bank statements:

I will be sending the last 3 months as required but I have been going more and more into my overdraft over the past 3 months, first with Xmas, then the January sales and then our wedding. It's only about £600 and the limit is £2,500 but I spent £250 more than I got paid in Dec, £120 in Jan and £140 in Feb but I am now worried that this will cause problems as it doesn't look like I can support us very well. :o

Any comments would be much appreciated.

I don't think it will be of any consequence providing that you can otherwise demonstrate an income and show that the overdraft is being serviced. If you wish to, you can explain your concerns in a covering letter.

Scouse.

Thanks for the response Scouse, I'm not too clear on what you mean by "otherwise demonstrate an income" :o

I will be including my payslips, but I only have the 1 income and that goes into the same bank account.

The account goes into credit and over the following weeks, it goes into the overdraft, then I get paid again.

I am in a similar position with the lack of Bank statements for a fiancée visa for my partner for me as well it would be great if someone could clarify the importance of these statements, I do have the last five years wage slips prior to January 2007 which show average yearly earnings of about 30-35k but after taking 9 months off work and traveling I now don't have the same account and only have one bank statement so far, is a covering letter going to be good enough to explain this ????

The essence is that the requirement of the Rules is to show that your spouse can be adequately supported in the UK. This does not preclude someone from being in debt providing that the household income is sufficient to service the debt and pay for the upkeep of the family members.

Scouse.