A Flight From The Us To Ireland Forced To Make

funfun

Passenger threatens to blow up plane

By staff writers March 05, 2008 10:09am

A FLIGHT from the US to Ireland was forced to make an emergency landing in Wales after a passenger allegedly threatened to blow up the plane.

Aiden Simon Mackle, of Portadown, Northern Ireland, was arrested after allegedly telling a Delta Air Lines employee that he was a terrorist after drinking and becoming unruly on Flight 146 from Atlanta, last Saturday.

An FBI officer said Mr Mackle, 44, smoked a cigarette in a restroom on the Boeing 76, and then became verbally abusive when he was confronted. Mr Mackle then told a flight attendant he was associated with Osama bin Laden and was going to hijack the plane.

When told by an off-duty pilot that the flight might have to make an emergency landing, Mr Mackle is alleged to have said: "OK, I'm a terrorist. Go ahead and land the plane," before punching the off-duty pilot.

The plane with its 184 remaining passengers left Bangor in Wales after about two hours, said airport manager Rebecca Hupp.

A hearing is set for later today.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,2605...5014090,00.html

"after drinking" :D

" Mr Mackle, 44, smoked a cigarette in a restroom" :D

"When told by an off-duty pilot that the flight might have to make an emergency landing" :o

" before punching the off-duty pilot." :D

:D

I know this guy really well (went to school together). He is a bit nuts at times but I find it hard to believe that he actually punched someone. He must have been really out of it. No excuses (stupid bastard!). He always pops a sleeping tablet or something to get through a long flight without smoking (he smokes A LOT) sounds like some pills didn't agree with the booze he took (just a guess).

See what happens today when he's in court.

(and no, he's not a terrorist, just a <deleted> head the ball)

Edited by bkkmick

I know this guy really well (went to school together). He is a bit nuts at times but I find it hard to believe that he actually punched someone. He must have been really out of it. No excuses (stupid bastard!). He always pops a sleeping table or something to get through a long flight without smoking (he smokes A LOT) sounds like some pills didn't agree with the booze he took (just a guess).

See what happens today when he's in court.

(and no, he's not a terrorist, just a <deleted> head the ball)

Small world!

Edited by enyaw

I'm wondering why they had to make their emergency landing in Wales?

bit strange that one......as probably only another 20 mins to land at original destination,plus i didnt know there was a good place to land a big jet plane in wales!!!!

why not just subdue him till they got there.............he will have to pay costs of plane landing early etc....hope hes got a few bob. :o

Sure that you're having a larf, but, it's Bangor, Maine.

Is the report wrong then?

"The plane with its 184 remaining passengers left Bangor in Wales after about two hours, said airport manager Rebecca Hupp."

I was wondering about an airport in Bangko Wales to be honest???

I think that the report is wrong. A report I read yesterday said that they were two hours into the flight when he went nuts. Now, unless they were in a rocket I'm fairly sure that they were still in American airspace.

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/flig...ne_ireland.html

Its a wonder the Aussie report did nothave him flying into Bangore Northern Ireland :o

What a very inaccurate report! Bangor, North Wales does not have an airfield, never mind an international airport. Closest to take international traffic would be either LPL, MAN or, as a tertiary, CEG (Hawarden). If he was flying from Atlanta to Belfast, he would have taken ATL-DUB-BFS, ATL-SNN-BFS or even ATL-MAN-BFS, so on two of those routes, why overfly Ireland and land at a non-existent airport?

Guardian link

Precisely what has this got to do with Thailand, and why is it on TV?

it does illustrate that news reporting errors occur elsewhere rather than just in Thailand. complaining about news accuracy is a frequent rant on tv. another hot ticket on tv is complaining about thai drunks' behaviour.

What a very inaccurate report! Bangor, North Wales does not have an airfield, never mind an international airport. Closest to take international traffic would be either LPL, MAN or, as a tertiary, CEG (Hawarden). If he was flying from Atlanta to Belfast, he would have taken ATL-DUB-BFS, ATL-SNN-BFS or even ATL-MAN-BFS, so on two of those routes, why overfly Ireland and land at a non-existent airport?

Guardian link

you see thats what happens, someone says "bangor", then someone adds "wales" then someone adds "North wales"!!! :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangor_International_Airport

Passenger threatens to blow up plane

By staff writers March 05, 2008 10:09am

A FLIGHT from the US to Ireland was forced to make an emergency landing in Wales after a passenger allegedly threatened to blow up the plane.

Aiden Simon Mackle, of Portadown, Northern Ireland, was arrested after allegedly telling a Delta Air Lines employee that he was a terrorist after drinking and becoming unruly on Flight 146 from Atlanta, last Saturday.

An FBI officer said Mr Mackle, 44, smoked a cigarette in a restroom on the Boeing 76, and then became verbally abusive when he was confronted. Mr Mackle then told a flight attendant he was associated with Osama bin Laden and was going to hijack the plane.

When told by an off-duty pilot that the flight might have to make an emergency landing, Mr Mackle is alleged to have said: "OK, I'm a terrorist. Go ahead and land the plane," before punching the off-duty pilot.

The plane with its 184 remaining passengers left Bangor in Wales after about two hours, said airport manager Rebecca Hupp.

A hearing is set for later today.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,2605...5014090,00.html

"after drinking" :D

" Mr Mackle, 44, smoked a cigarette in a restroom" :D

"When told by an off-duty pilot that the flight might have to make an emergency landing" :o

" before punching the off-duty pilot." :D

:D

Booze and fags again ! ,paddy ,pissed pest ,.

you see thats what happens, someone says "bangor", then someone adds "wales" then someone adds "North wales"!!! :o

What point are you trying to make? I have always referred to the part of Wales north of Ceredigion & Powys as North Wales. Ceredigion & Powys are Mid Wales and south of those two counties is South Wales. Is there any reason why I should not continue to do so? Perhaps I should have been more specific and said Bangor, Gwynedd and not Bangor-on-Dee, Wrexham.

What point are you trying to make? I have always referred to the part of Wales north of Ceredigion & Powys as North Wales. Ceredigion & Powys are Mid Wales and south of those two counties is South Wales. Is there any reason why I should not continue to do so? Perhaps I should have been more specific and said Bangor, Gwynedd and not Bangor-on-Dee, Wrexham.

ok sorry, i dont think you understood my post,

this is a map of bangor wales uk click this here

this is a map of bangor usa click this

now this is where the plane stopped off click here

now if this is too much try clicking here

ok sorry, i dont think you understood my post,

Are you referring to "you see thats what happens, someone says "bangor"[sic], then someone adds "wales"[sic] then someone adds "North wales"[sic]!!!

As has already been pointed out from your 'cut & paste' that the 'Bangor' referred to is not in Wales as the report said. If someone says 'Bangor' to an American, they will think of Bangor, Maine, to a Brit it would be Wales first them possibly Northern Ireland but to other nationalities they may think of a different Bangor! There are over thirty places named 'Bangor'. The report said Bangor in Wales, in my post, I did not add North Wales to my post, it was always there! Do you think that all poster automatically associate Bangor with Maine?

Now, why do you think that you need to give me a geography lesson?

this is a map of bangor usa click this

Surely, you mean "This is a map of Bangor, Maine, USA" because there are others:-

Bangor, Alabama

Bangor, California

Bangor, Michigan (see also Bangor Township, Michigan, below)

Bangor, New York

Bangor, Pennsylvania

Bangor, Washington

Bangor, Wisconsin (village)

Bangor (town), Wisconsin

Bangor Township, Iowa

Bangor Township, Minnesota

Bangor Township, Bay County, Michigan (see also Bangor, Michigan, above)

Bangor Township, Van Buren County, Michigan

Bangor Township, South Dakota

East Bangor, Pennsylvania

Have u heard the one about the Irish terrorist who boards a plane with a compressor............... he planned to blow it up!!

If you're ever sitting next to an annoying person on an airplane or train, open your laptop and click this link. It'll shut them up and probably get you a free trip to Guantanamo, Cuba.

http://www.thecleverest.com/countdown.swf

:o