More Traditional Massage Practitioners To Be Trained To Satisfy Demand

george

More traditional massage practitioners to be trained to satisfy demand: Minister

BANGKOK: -- The Ministry of Public Health will support the Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine to train and produce more Thai traditional massage therapists in response to the high demand in the kingdom and overseas, according to Public Health Deputy Minister Chavarat Charnvirakul.

Mr. Chavarat said that according to the department's report, Thai traditional massages were popular both in the kingdom and abroad, and could generate more than Bt1.2 billion (US$37.5 million) in income annually.

Thai traditional massage practitioners were in high demand, he said, therefore, the agencies concerned should jointly promote the training of qualified physical massage therapists to respond to the rising demand.

The deputy minister said Thai traditional massage could help alleviate, cure and rehabilitate patients with a wide range of illnesses including erectile dysfunction, chronic and acute knee pain and frozen shoulders.

Director-General Luecha Wanaratana of the Department for Development of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine said the department has carried out 800-hour training courses for therapists, which comprised an intensive course on technical and practical studies.

The graduates could apply for certificattion from the Medical Registration Division, he said.

English language studies and computer subjects were taught to increase the skills of the trainees.

The department also coordinated with the Department of Skill Development to set up the national standard for certified traditional massage therapists to ensure the high quality and standards of those working in Thailand and abroad.

-- TNA 2008-03-05

The Deputy Minister seems to have his priorities right.

I haven't suffered any of the three; but the knees and shoulders would only mean physical pain, whereas erectile disfunction would give anguish where it would really hurt!!!

good new for a new bussiness.The Thai Massage probura same Thaifood.because just special only Thai people can do it very well.because The Ministry Of Public Health control the Certificate.Who's finish from The Ministry of Public Health training very good but when you work another country you must have the Licence in the country you work.The exam is English langude.And you must understand about the Anatomy too.Good money and very becareful somebody don t understand about Thai Massagr mean.

I thought it was for the purpose to give a job to people here ... it is just a money matter ... once more

Give people a job, making money, 2 sides of the same coin here...

Anyway good move, as recruiting a good masseuse is very difficult.

...............massage therapists to respond to the rising demand.

:D Always a happy ending (finish) with this government!!

They certainly have way of choosing their words............ :o

I wonder how much does a masseuse get out of average 200 baht/hour and how many hours a day does she really work?

As a source of income this job sucks big time.

Usually she gets half of it, plus tip. As for the number of hours it of course depends of the salon, but they are guaranteed a minimum salary, ie if they don't make enough hours to get this minimum then the salon has to pay them from their own pocket.

How much is that guaranteed minimum salary? If she has only three clients a day, about 600 Baht intake for the shop, how much they will let her take home?

Can she afford raising kids on that money? Buying a house?

We are still in the lowest income category. People can't even sustain themselves on that salary.

Minimum salary depends completely on the agreement reached with the salon owner.

In Bangkok we are talking 6 to 8000 THB(not declared, not health care insurance whatsoever) a month for a small shop and few hours of work/day (but need to be at the shop or nor far from it all day long), probably 15000 to 20000 for a big shop.

We are in the low income category, millions of Thais live with this kind of money.

20,000 baht a month for an average 100 baht an hour is 200 hours, even if the shop is expensive and they get double that, it's still 100 hours of massage, five hours per day on a five days week.

It's impossible to achieve in real life except in some well established shops catering to tour groups.

6-8k sounds ok, but I doubt that a regular massage shop can afford to guarantee that to, say, four masseuses. That means they have to collect about 2,000 baht a day minimum.

6-8k a month is only a substinence level. It's only slightly higher than legal minimum wages, it's not what I understand by "job creation".

Rates in Khon Kaen: 100 Baht per hour, 50/50

50 baht extra for airco per session

So 50 Baht per hour for the masseuse, plus tips.

Working hours per day: 10

Working days per week: 6

If all hours are booked: 60 X 50 = 3000 baht per week.

Clothing, washing, oils, & sundries: own cost

NICE!!!!!!!

Owner has a BIG house on the site!

I thought it was for the purpose to give a job to people here ... it is just a money matter ... once more

Excuse me for asking such a stupid question, but I really thought a job was meant to get you some money.

People tend to want jobs to earn money to buy food, pay rent, or in other words: survive

So please wake up, of course it is about money!