Yamaha Fz6

helloall

I am 95% certain to buy one from the Yamaha dealer in CM - Just applied for 2 yrs credit today. Has anyone else got one? Any bad reputation for reliability, handling?

All comments welcome

Fz6 didn't get that great a reception from the UK bike press compared to the Fazer model it replaced ... said the engine was too revvy for that kind of bike ... but frankly I think that's irrelevant on Thai roads and it is really going to stand out from the moped crowd! My last couple of bikes were a Hornet 600 and then a Buell Cyclone - I like nekkid bikes :o

To be honest, I didn't know such models were available in Thailand - is it an official import or a parallel / grey one?

Ride safe, and let's have a photo please when you get the bike

The brochure is all I bought.

YZF-R1

YZF-R6

FZ1

FZ6

FJR1300A

All of them over 400,000 from what I could see, all liquid cooled, 4 cylinder inline DOHC, with fuel injection and 6 speeds except for the shaft drive FJR.

Great sport bikes. But I have to wonder, what happens if you break down in MaeHongSon or Outer Fckaburi?

But I have to wonder, what happens if you break down in MaeHongSon or Outer Fckaburi?

Y'know I have to say that Outer Fckaburi has just gotten a bad reputation. Sure, it's no Shitaburi, but it's getting there. Last time there I had some nice Padthai, and sat and read magazines in the Starbucks there.

the same as u wud do with ur cbr150 i guess

What? Break down in tears realizing that you could have had a two stroke motorcycle with way more power for less money? :o

Edited by submaniac

But I have to wonder, what happens if you break down in MaeHongSon or Outer Fckaburi?

Y'know I have to say that Outer Fckaburi has just gotten a bad reputation. Sure, it's no Shitaburi, but it's getting there. Last time there I had some nice Padthai, and sat and read magazines in the Starbucks there.

What? Break down in tears realizing that you could have had a two stroke motorcycle with way more power for less money? :o

That has been thrashed upon by god knows who? And will need how much work at what price to get up to a reliability standard of a new CBR 150R? And have a 3(?) year warranty? :D

The same could be said about almost all the used bikes in Thailand: no telling where they've been, and no warranty. At least the brand new BMWs, Ducatis, Triumphs, Harleys, and Yamaha four-cyl. sportbikes have a warranty. But for six to twenty times the price of a new CBR150, they should!

Parking behind the Yamaha dealer yesterday, I saw a nearly new Buell twin. Not bad, for a sport bike with a Sportster engine.

• 3 weeks later...
Well i plucked up courage and put my deposit down today. Get it on Tuesday with a few extras like 12v socket for gps, alarm etc

Congratulations. The guys at Charoen Motor are definitely trying to do the right thing & provide real service. You should have been on their Charoen Motor Yamaha Big Bike Charity ride to Doi Inthanon last week. It was a beauty, perfectly organised with no expense spared.

Final price : 444.5k

includes 35 litre removable top box

waterproof 12v supply for mobile/gps

1 year full insurance

1.5 in spacer to raise handlebars a bit

remote alarm

make and install ss mounting bracket for gps

1 full tank

personalised number plate (and no i managed to avoid chosing 69 as the number) didnt really care about the number buy they insisted.

"carbon fibre" plastic fueltank protectors around filler and by my belly

would have been nice to go on the run but 1) I didnt have the bike 2) i should at least attempt to run it in a bit. But am going to Pai next weekend

Final price : 444.5k

includes 35 litre removable top box

waterproof 12v supply for mobile/gps

1 year full insurance

1.5 in spacer to raise handlebars a bit

remote alarm

make and install ss mounting bracket for gps

1 full tank

personalised number plate (and no i managed to avoid chosing 69 as the number) didnt really care about the number buy they insisted.

"carbon fibre" plastic fueltank protectors around filler and by my belly

would have been nice to go on the run but 1) I didnt have the bike 2) i should at least attempt to run it in a bit. But am going to Pai next weekend

What are the conditions for finance? Deposit, intrest, monthly installments..

What? Break down in tears realizing that you could have had a two stroke motorcycle with way more power for less money? :D

That has been thrashed upon by god knows who? And will need how much work at what price to get up to a reliability standard of a new CBR 150R? And have a 3(?) year warranty? :D

Hmmm might get you behind the corner for a beer pretty fast :D

But seriously, how many of you do say bkk - fckaburi or bkk - Phuket bike week trips with your submachine plastic bullets :o

What? Break down in tears realizing that you could have had a two stroke motorcycle with way more power for less money? :D

Hmmm might get you behind the corner for a beer pretty fast :D

But seriously, how many of you do say bkk - fckaburi or bkk - Phuket bike week trips with your submachine plastic bullets :o

I ran 500 km in 6 hours on my CBR 150R. That was round Nakhon Sawan Province, down through Tak, To Suphan Buri, and back up through Chai Nat. Obviously my butt was hating me at the end, but I took plenty of breaks for smokes and just taking in the sights, so all in all it was worth it.

From another thread. And considering how much better milage I get (what is it, like twice as good as a big bike?) I could afford a bit extra "fun" than someone else on a big bike. And that's of course after waiting on them to weave through BKK and fckaburi/Phuket traffic.

Richard-BKK, nice colors on your bikes (however loosely that title can be applied to the second one!).

Having followed that link to the GT-Rider's board, I'm seriously mulling over getting a FZ6. Especially if I can get it financed over time, since paying some ~50% more than I would have to in the States is easier to swallow if it's not all at once, and spread out over small payments.

I ran 500 km in 6 hours on my CBR 150R. That was round Nakhon Sawan Province, down through Tak, To Suphan Buri, and back up through Chai Nat. Obviously my butt was hating me at the end, but I took plenty of breaks for smokes and just taking in the sights, so all in all it was worth it.

From another thread. And considering how much better milage I get (what is it, like twice as good as a big bike?) I could afford a bit extra "fun" than someone else on a big bike. And that's of course after waiting on them to weave through BKK and fckaburi/Phuket traffic.

Have to admit, my butt could not take it. Requires bit more comfy seat. But always had my fare share of fun even with late arrivals and for a plus side won't need that extensive "massage" to loosen me up afterwards. Can get straight into business :D

But that's some serious riding, should qualify for honorary membership in Iron Butt Association :o

Edited by MJo

Richard-BKK, nice colors on your bikes (however loosely that title can be applied to the second one!).

Having followed that link to the GT-Rider's board, I'm seriously mulling over getting a FZ6. Especially if I can get it financed over time, since paying some ~50% more than I would have to in the States is easier to swallow if it's not all at once, and spread out over small payments.

Well I tried to get it financed for 2 weeks and got many conflicting stories. I dont think much of their finance company (well they refused me) having said that if i put down 40% it would be ok. In the end they still insisted that I needed a thai person over 25 and completed/exempt from the military to act as guarrantor because they are scared that the horrible dishonest farang will take the bike across the border and never come back. So I just had to pay cash. Bike is great tho

Edited by helloall

Dave_boo, you right the second 2-wheeler doesn’t apply to the name bike; it is a Chinese made electric scooter, which we bought in a weak moment. Currently it is, if fully charged, not able to bring us to the corner of the street. To make it extra sick, we are the corner house.

Dave_boo, you right the second 2-wheeler doesn't apply to the name bike; it is a Chinese made electric scooter, which we bought in a weak moment. Currently it is, if fully charged, not able to bring us to the corner of the street. To make it extra sick, we are the corner house.

But you don't tell us how big you yard is! If it's an American sized lot, that could be quite a distance.....on the other hand, if it's a Tokyo bedroom sized lot I think you need a new battery.

• 3 weeks later...

Yamaha, CM, forced me to take an FZ6 out for a road test yesterday. I've never felt so at ease on a bike so quickly - a real joy. Bummer handing it back though :o Hopefully, it wont be too long before I'm back with the cash.