:o Hello.

I am a new member in this forum.

Also please excuse my English. English is my second language.

By the way, I am living in chiang mai and planning to purchase a house through Jasmine Homes.

This is my situation.

I have a very trustable friend(sister like), and I am asking her to buy the house for me.(of course, I will give her cash and exchange legal contract between us). (*I don't have any concern with my friend.)

But I feel little nervous about making commitment with Jasmine Homes.

The agent didn't seems friendly but I found a house which I really like.

So sooner or later, I need to go back to Jasmine Homes to make a negoation.

Since I don't know this company at all if anybody have any information of Jasmine Homes, would you please share your experiences or tips with me?

I'd be very appreciated with your guidance and give me any kind of information.

Thank you very much

:D

By the way, I am living in chiang mai and planning to purchase a house through Jasmine Homes.

This is my situation.

I have a very trustable friend(sister like), and I am asking her to buy the house for me.(of course, I will give her cash and exchange legal contract between us). (*I don't have any concern with my friend.)

Since I don't know this company at all if anybody have any information of Jasmine Homes, would you please share your experiences or tips with me?

Do you mean Jasmine Homes in Chiang Mai?

If so I have met with the owner and he seems to be a very trustworthy chap, but I have never had any financial dealings with the company

Thank you very much

This is my situation.

If so I have met with the owner and he seems to be a very trustworthy chap, but I have never had any financial dealings with the company

Thank you very much

I am sure that the owner, a gent named Steve, I believe, is a sound chap--we dealt with one/2 of his Thai reps and our experience was as follows--we went to view a property on their books and liked it and the price [ to rent, by the way] however, when we returned next day to meet owner, sign contracts, etc..we were taken to house next door, [exactly same but different, eh?], and reason given was that house already viewed had no tel.line or UBC fitted, however as we were signing contracts the price had gone up by 3000 baht per month--the long and short was that the owner of house we eventually rented was a local Chiang Mai resident, [who probably upped the commision to secure the tenant] and the previous property was owned by a BKK resident-- all this became apparent in the following months when tenants eventually rented the next door house--it also became apparent that there was a tel. line and UBC was fitted in a matter of days--all in all a not totally satisfactory situation.

I can only comment on our personal experience and I am in no way saying whether the OP should/should not deal with the said company--I can corroborate my experience since I rented a large property and did so with another family --I.e. not just myself was witness to the previous details.

Sorry if this upsets anyone--but, c'est la vie.

This is my situation.

Thank you very much

I am sure that the owner, a gent named Steve, I believe, is a sound chap--we dealt with one/2 of his Thai reps and our experience was as follows--we went to view a property on their books and liked it and the price [ to rent, by the way] however, when we returned next day to meet owner, sign contracts, etc..we were taken to house next door, [exactly same but different, eh?], and reason given was that house already viewed had no tel.line or UBC fitted, however as we were signing contracts the price had gone up by 3000 baht per month--the long and short was that the owner of house we eventually rented was a local Chiang Mai resident, [who probably upped the commision to secure the tenant] and the previous property was owned by a BKK resident-- all this became apparent in the following months when tenants eventually rented the next door house--it also became apparent that there was a tel. line and UBC was fitted in a matter of days--all in all a not totally satisfactory situation.

I can only comment on our personal experience and I am in no way saying whether the OP should/should not deal with the said company--I can corroborate my experience since I rented a large property and did so with another family --I.e. not just myself was witness to the previous details.

Actually this is not a Reply but an Edit--but I couldn't find the right button-I just wanted to say that this was by no means a good reason not to use Jasmine Homes' services--I just thought that I would demonstrate how Estate Agents here, and probably everywhere else in the world, have the possibilty to collude with the landlords/owners to the benefit of the aforementioned and possibly the detriment of the purchaser/rentor--we didn't have to take the house in question, but it was made pretty clear that it was the best option all round--something that I came to doubt on meeting the owner of the adjoining property and viewing that house compared to the one we rented [ internally, that is]-it WAS 3000 baht cheaper also-as I say, this is real small beans in the scheme and in no way reflects on the owner of the business--just be aware and stick to your guns/instincts could be the moral. We moved out anyway after 1 year.

We saw and fell in love with a Jasmine home back in 2006

We weren't living here at the time, and it was in the

wrong part of CM for us.

We have visited several JH sites, including the one where

the owner lives, lots of happy customers from what I saw,

and some beautifully finished houses too.

David

• 1 month later...

This is my situation.

Thank you very much

Just to put things in to perspective - remember that an agent acts on behalf of the owner in all such transactions. The owner pays the agent a commission (usually one months rental on a rental property) - not the renter. This means of course that if you rent directly from the owner he is saving this commission and may well be prepared to rent at a lower price.

So why pay the higher price? I'm sure if you look around this forum you will find posts from people who had big problems trying to deal with a Thai landlord. Most will try to get you to sign a contract in Thai - fine if you can read and understand. Simple things like getting a dripping tap fixed or a faulty air conditioner repaired can be difficult. And when the contract finishes trying to get back your 'security deposit' can prove impossible. I hope the quoted poster doesn't experience this problem! That's where a good agent is worth the extra and on the scale of things it's not so much extra.