Diamond Suites Resort! Thappaya Rd Pattaya

hi,

has anybody checked out the diamond suites resort!!

not due for completion until sep 2009

harrison project

studios around 1.5 - 2 mil

2 bedroom 2 mil to 6 mil

asked about rental value of studios she said the management would look for about 30g a month but if go through management they take 30% cut and their serviced apartments on walking have about 90% occupied through the year,,,does that sound like a dream to expekt this??

normal payments in instalment,,10% down then 20% through 18 month and then rest on completion..

what doe ppl think?

#regards

gymboy

ps never invested in thailand before

>ps never invested in thailand before<

This is a worry.

every person who has investments in thailand big or small would have been at this stage once!!!

so i dont understand what you are exactly saying?????

could you elaborate please

or was it an attempt at a joke????????????

I just drove by the new Diamond Suites - lots of advertising outside - very professional show units and work looks to be full steam ahead. I live in the area and see it as a very good location that is also quiet and central - halfway between Jomtien and Pattaya. I will give this serious consideration once I have all the details.

For whatever it is worth, the following is the observations:

I don't know whether Harrison knows something that I don't know. I have a few units along the Jomtien for personal use and find the 90% occupation rate through the year is somewhat unreasonably high for that area. Even the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok cannot achieve that. I know Jomtien has improved a lot and has a potential. But I doubt of any places in Pattaya or Jomtien of reaching 90% occupany rate throughout the year. 60% is considered as good.

You have to find out what is the catch. Have they signed some sorts of a long term contract with a few tour agents promising them that prospect.

I also don't like this 30% cut business and this partial serviced apartment concept. They are certainly not like Marriot managing apartments in Mayfair. I have never read the pamphlets of this project and from my experience I normally can tell whether it will fly. But from what you have given, I need to be comforted by other factors.

The payment plan is normal and the risk is with you for that 30% portion if the project cannot be completed due to lack of fund or other hiccups.

Take a look at The Chateau opposite, that's a similar concept but has stalled due to lack of interest, i.e. no buyers signing up. Whay would Diamond Suites be any different? Unless it's considerably cheaper.

What is the price per m2 for Diamond Suites? The Chateau is 90,000 baht.

The smallest units are 40 sq meters and prices start at 1.5 MM and go up. This is considerably cheaper than the project you mentioned. Still no idea if there will be interest or not - location is good - show units - well they are show units so of course they look good. Just not sure if they will be able to sell 6 buildings - I think original plan was for 2. Time will tell.

>ps never invested in thailand before<

This is a worry.

every person who has investments in thailand big or small would have been at this stage once!!!

so i dont understand what you are exactly saying?????

could you elaborate please

or was it an attempt at a joke????????????

No it was not intended as a joke. Re-read what I wrote.

Take a look at The Chateau opposite, that's a similar concept but has stalled due to lack of interest, i.e. no buyers signing up. Whay would Diamond Suites be any different? Unless it's considerably cheaper.

What is the price per m2 for Diamond Suites? The Chateau is 90,000 baht.

The asking price of the Chateau was 72,000 baht/sq m when I asked. I was later offered a 10% discount from this price